100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    6 Iron Ehmcee is on a distinguished road

Reservation Masters vs Executive Golf

After golfing 40+ times this year I have come to the decision to join one of the frequent player clubs like Reservation Masters or Executive Golf next season. Can some current members please let me know the pros and cons involved with each 'club'? Are there any other similar programs? I live in Orleans if that should be a consideration in terms of available courses.

I'm not interested in becoming a member at one course (or Clublink) so please refrain from telling me how great your course is.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    There are also the Corporate Golf ( Which I am a member of ) and Golf a la Carte programs out there too. I'm in Orleans as well.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Do you have links to these other 'clubs'?

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    I'm a first time member of Executive Golf this year. I am quite happy with my membership and feel the savings is more than worth it. From what I know there are a couple of differences between Executive Golf (EG), Reservation Masters (RM), and Corporate Golf (CG). All offer a nice range of course and have slight differences. If you often play a certain course this may factor in to your decision (For example, I play Renfrew quite often. This course is available on EG and CG but not RM) **HINT HINT Dan

The other difference between the 3 is the method of booking and the cost per round. Here's a comparison IMO.

EG - Book online with EG but are still required to book the tee-time with the course. Cost per round is in between CG and RM.

RM - Book online with RM and the course. Many people choose RM for this capability. Overall, cost per round is the most expensive of the 3 (However some weekday rounds are cheaper than EG).

CG - Book over the phone with CG and the course. There has been rumours that CG may be looking to a partial online booking system similar to EG. Cost per round is the cheapest of the 3.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geronamo View Post
    There has been rumours that CG may be looking to a partial online booking system similar to EG.
    Received a letter a couple weeks ago saying they would be sticking with their current phone-in system. I can understand why, but I still think it sucks that they aren't at least trying to address some of the limitations that their current setup has.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    The RM booking set up is by far the most user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Received a letter a couple weeks ago saying they would be sticking with their current phone-in system. I can understand why, but I still think it sucks that they aren't at least trying to address some of the limitations that their current setup has.
    I'm with you Hoolio as I hate having to call at 7:00 am Wednesday morning for a weekend tee time and having my course booked. Drives me nuts! We need more East end courses and less limitations.

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar
    I've been an RM member for 2 years now, its easy to book with the online booking, and it saves a lot of cash with the reduced pricing. Can't go wrong with it if you play more than 20 games per year.
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I have been using the Executive since 2005 and the main reason is the online booking (24/7)... Don't like to be booking around someone else schedule... I find it useless using the phone and get the classic "can you hold please"...

Prices are great and never had any issues with questions and/or customer service from them.

I have not use RM other than to book online directly at the courses....I use http://www.tee-on.com/ as well for booking at the courses...

By the way, the best user interface is RM....congrats! great job...
    Last edited by 314314; 09-27-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: addmore

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Thanks. I apperciate the kind words regarding the ease of booking with RM. We are looking seriously at lowering the base price for memberships to under $200. Do you think that would motivate some players to switch from other clubs or do we need to do more to attract new members?

Suggestions appreciated... Tell us what you want!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Thanks. I apperciate the kind words regarding the ease of booking with RM. We are looking seriously at lowering the base price for memberships to under $200. Do you think that would motivate some players to switch from other clubs or do we need to do more to attract new members?

Dan, I don't believe it has much to do with the price, it is reasonable.... you know my bugaboo, you don't take Amex

It would also be nice to see a couple of clubs closer to the East end. However, having said all that, I will probably pickup a visa or M/C and join next year if you still don't take Amex
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Dan I find the pricing to be very fair. But to be honest with you more courses would help. And the rule that you can only play one game per day,comes into play particularily with me, as being a shift worker and driving usually 60 km to play with other shift workers I like to make a full day of it and golf at least 36 or more holes in one day. Just my two cents worth!!! As far as the booking, it is by far the easiest, and most convenient, where else can you book you golf game in the middle of the night!!

more courses would help
    We could do that with more members. It's a Catch 22.

The problem with allowing 2 rounds per day is "squatters" holding multiple spots until the last minute to decide. We can't allow that.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    You would be surprised about the price.For some reason when some people hear of something under $200 it peaks their interest alot more and to check it out.I think the price is good but like anything the cheaper the better.$249 or $199 You would get more people thinking at $199.

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    $249 or $199 You would get more people thinking at $199.
    That's what we were thinking. Keep the coments comming. We want to be the one you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post

Hi Dan,

I've been with Corporate golf for 5 years now and do like the system. My only complaint is the phone system is not very good. Also, their website is slow to update and not very useful. As you can see I've been a member here for years, have made purchases, track my handicap, and use the online booking tool, however your price is a little steeper making it harder for me to recoup my investment, and ultimately save money when I play only 15-20 rounds a year. I.E. casselview is 16 with Corporate, and 20 with RM on the weekends, and Hammond is 12 vs 20 with you. 8$ * 10 rounds is 80 dollars more when trying to save money.

My other main beef is lack of spots at East end courses. Nation, Hammond, Casselview, Bearbrook all book up early and I'm an early morning golfer so courses like Outaouais that only allow you after 11 or 12 are no good for me.

And where are the Patterson courses? What's up with EL, CL and AL???

All in all the systems, regardless of which one you use work, however I like certain features from each. Make yours a little cheaper, and ensure spots on East end courses ( I know hard to do ) would ensure more people join.

Hope some of this helps and sorry if it sounds like a rant. Your system is first class all the way and I visit the site daily, and use it almost daily too.

Cheers,

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    I would more then likely join if it was under $200.I know what is $50,but i would be 45 minutes away from most courses..So every bit would help.I know there is not alot south of Ottawa (Prescott,Iroquois,Morrisburg and Nationview). Be great if you could get a couple down this way.The drive does not concern me when it comes golf.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    As mentioned above I would be a lot more interested if Renfrew were on the list. I realize that Renfrew does not even have online booking making this a difficult addition.

We all should appreciate the fact that Dan is willing to incorporate suggestions based on forum members suggestions.

Is there any way to lower the price per round fees instead of the base? As mentioned by Weazl the differences for certain courses can add up.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    The number of courses to choose from is the most important factor for me.

Courses not participating in our online booking system get far lower play from our members than those who do. It makes it hard to justify the expense on such memberships. It's a major balancing act that involves some rather expensive trial and error when we try to consider where to put the "extra" membership funds.

The executive has the "Last Minute Club" for 30.00 a seasson which does not require to buy a 200+ membership.

If you are a member in the LMC you can only book at the last minute (you get an email at 7:00am)... Thats is, the same day - These are spots that current members did not pick... so basically you allow people to take such spots maximizing revenue without really affecting paying members... Quite smart concept....

After a while you get to want to book in advance and that's when you buy a regular membership which gives you 4-5 days of advance booking...

for people who can not easily justify a 200+ membership.... (like me where I say 200/20= 10 games) if you only play 20-30 games a year it does not make much sense to become a member...

By the way, I become a member this year after being a LMC since 2005....
    Last edited by 314314; 09-27-2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: add

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    What happens at EG if there are 7 spots left and two different groups book a foursome online almost simultaneously?
    Also if you can book 7 days a week does that mean that to get priority you have to stay up until midnight to ensure you are the first to book?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Based on your comment "almost" it looks that one group might have gotten their spots and the other one did not... Since the second group requested 4 spots, they got nothing as there were only 3 left... (Anyway, that's the way I would have written the application if it was mine)....

The only advantage of having access to 4-5 days in advance is that if you could not get a particular spot on a course, you can always pickup others from the list....

This year I noticed that during summer there were 2 courses which were quite difficult to get in due having golfers booking in groups which are Chateau Cartier and Socier....

In my case it was Hammond. I think I got out there once thus far as it was always busy, havign a tournament, or thre were no spots left for Corportae members.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    What happens at EG if there are 7 spots left and two different groups book a foursome online almost simultaneously?

In the computer world nothing happens simultaneously. One group would get the booking, the other would not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Also if you can book 7 days a week does that mean that to get priority you have to stay up until midnight to ensure you are the first to book?
    I think booking starts at 9am.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehmcee View Post
    I think booking starts at 9am.
    EG "Says" that bookings start at 9AM but I can't count the number of times that I've logged in at 9:00:01 to find that all spots for a course were already booked - This was so common that I started writting down the membership numbers of the ppl who were booking and low and behold I found that a number of spots were being booked by the same people playing the same courses multiple times a week.......it is very obvious to me that EG will let you can book ahead of the 4 days perhaps I just don't know the right people.

Having the booking rules apply to some but not all people really, REALLY left a bad taste in my mouth. To the point where I certainly won't be joining EG ever again and I'd really have to be convinced of the fairness of the booking system with any other similiar operation before I'd join.

Dan - as for RM - I simply love your scheduling system, as others have said, it is the best around. I find the cost to be fair as well. For me it's the course selection (and I know that this is the biggest challenge for you). I'm in Kanata and with two young kids I like to try and stay as close as possible to home - RM just doesn't have much in my neck of the woods.

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar
    I find the course selection the biggest problem as well. Living in Stittsville, there aren't many quality choices, so I end up having to go to a course I'm not fond of or having to drive a long way. The price is already good, especially as a renewing member.
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

We will definately add at least one more west end course to RM next season. We are looking into our options now.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    I have also experienced Hacker's observation re EG.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Just got in from Cambridge---golfing around Got to post quick---wifey wants computer

Been with EG for 4 years---absolutely no problems--they are a slight bit more expensive but you get what you pay for. In 4 years I have never missed a booking----I think Scott and Terry if you are relying on the clock on your computer to log on that is where your missing the boat. If EGs server is not yours (Rogers or Bell etc) you will have trouble trying to co-ordinate.

Got to go Diane is bugging me
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information