100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Weekly

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar

NFL Weekly

Not much chatter on the football front here this year.

This week could be quite interesting. I'm really looking forward to the Lions/Bears game just because Kitna was able to put up over 400 yards this week against the Eagles and he was under pressure all game (7 sacks?) . I know a lot of that can be blamed on some poor tackling, most notably the 94 yard dump off to Williams, but he's been effective. I think the Lions can pull this one out if they can stay solid in the secondary and avoid some of the blown coverage situations which plagued them yesterday. If they get any sort of pass rush at all on Grossman, the game should be theirs to lose.

There are quite a few games that seem like they could go either way. Houston at Atlanta, the money should be going on the Texans, but they're getting pretty banged up, first Johnston and now Green. Should be a tight game.

Dallas should roll over the Rams nicely, I'm hoping the Eagles can do the same to the Giants on the road. Miami and Oakland should be a tight one, and after watching the Stover kick the game winner with the clock running out in Baltimore, I'm wondering if the Ravens will pull up their socks this week a little in Cleveland.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    I'm getting killed in my fantasy pool, the Iggles have killed me. Dumped McNabb this week for Delhomme (because I have Smith) and then McNabb lights it up, its a risky approach to take a QB/WR combo, but when they are on, guaranteed win. Had McNabb/Brown for the 1st 2 weeks, not sure how you can throw for 380-something yards and only hit your "#1 receiver" for 23 of them. But enough about my crappy fantasy moves...

Don't forget SF-Sea, if Davis is out, it could be a long day for Gore since Smiths WRs havent been able to step it up yet.

Thread Information