CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    you should never change your swing. it should be a constant.

you fix clubs to mold to that constant
    I cannot tell if your comment is serious or tongue in cheek but I hope that it is the latter. To suggest that one should never try to improve is ludicrous. The best players in the world are trying to improve all the time and are constantly tweaking their swings, and yet OG Forum members should NOT? Instead, they should solely buy clubs to match their imperfect swings?

The truth is that after buying clubs with the right look at address, length, lie angle and shaft feel, it's good swings that help determine low scores. The not uncommon idea that it's the club and not me, means that the club marketers brainwashing attempts have been successful. Think about how much better we would be as golfers if we spent as much money on lessons as some do in constantly changing clubs/shafts. While there may be a perfect club for a perfect swing, there is no club that will make a shot from an imperfect swing, perfect.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    I cannot tell if your comment is serious or tongue in cheek but I hope that it is the latter. To suggest that one should never try to improve is ludicrous. The best players in the world are trying to improve all the time and are constantly tweaking their swings, and yet OG Forum members should NOT? Instead, they should solely buy clubs to match their imperfect swings?
    ok so

1. To suggest that one should never try to improve is ludicrous.

2. The best players in the world are trying to improve all the time and are constantly tweaking their swings, and yet OG Forum members should NOT?

3. Instead, they should solely buy clubs to match their imperfect swings?
    question 1.
    I never said one should not fix his or her swing you're reading to far into it.

question 2.
    yes the best in the world are constantly changing their swings. BUT they are also changing their equipment every time (for the most part) when they do make swing changes to get the most out of them. even if they are only changing the lie angle

question 3.
    No. i dont say someone with an imperfect swing should go out and buy r7 draw irons instead of fixing their swings. but some people just dont want to, or dont have enough time and take the easy way. investing in lessons is the best way to go, if you can warrant it.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I never said one should not fix his... swing
    "you should never change your swing." What am I missing here?

yes the best in the world are constantly changing their swings. BUT they are also changing their equipment every time (for the most part) when they do make swing changes to get the most out of them. even if they are only changing the lie angle
    I don't see changing the lie angle as changing equipment. Regardless of what irons one plays, the lie angles must be correct for the way the golfer swings.

investing in lessons is the best way to go, if you can warrant it.
    On this we are in agreement. Let's say a golfer has a $1000 golf club budget for a year. If he spent $1000 on clubs every two years instead and spent $1000 on lessons, he would likely be a much better player. While I respect a golfers right to do and spend whatever they want, much more improvement comes from a better golf swing, than from different golf clubs. But a better golf swing requires hard work while different golf clubs requires a plastic card.

my fault I miss worded that. what i ment to say is that if you wanted to change your swing you should change the equipment (or "tweek"). if you have no plans to adjust what you are playing, then dont bother fixing the swing.

I don't see changing the lie angle as changing equipment. Regardless of what irons one plays, the lie angles must be correct for the way the golfer swings.
    so you agree to a certain extent

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I think Jarred's original comment was that you should swing one way and not try to adjust it for individual clubs.

In other words you should try to have a consistent, repeatable, swing motion and that your clubs should be fit to that.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I think Jarred's original comment was that you should swing one way and not try to adjust it for individual clubs.

In other words you should try to have a consistent, repeatable, swing motion and that your clubs should be fit to that.
    exactly. if he wanted to switch sets, make sure they are set up the same way. otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges. every swing requires a different set up.

Thread Information