100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar

WOOOHOOO! Fisher

Looks like Murray is earning his wage already.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=218524&hubname=

Signing Fisher for $21 over 5 years sounds great to me, i don't have a doubt that Fisher deserves about $4 a year. When you look at guys like Demitra, Lehtinen, Handzus etc. who make the same, i think Fish is well worth it.

Def. a guy that i love and look for on the ice whenever he's playing. Looks like the jersey i will be buying will be a Fisher!!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Awesome news, now t ge Heatley signed!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    This is AWESOME news!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    This deal is going to look like a bargain in a few years. This guy is a playoff performer and we probably the 2nd best Sen during the Stanley Cup run. Great signing and nice to see them get it done before the season starts.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Brilliant news regarding Fish. Although I hear Heatley may test the market .

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I'd be disappointed if Heatley went the free agent route. Yes, he could probably make more $ but I think he and Spezza have a special chemistry that he might not find elsewhere. He should also thank Ottawa for providing him for a great opportunity to get away from his problems in Atlanta and getting a fresh start. That being said, he had just a decent playoffs IMHO though looked invisible in the cup final.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I'd be disappointed if Heatley went the free agent route. Yes, he could probably make more $ but I think he and Spezza have a special chemistry that he might not find elsewhere. He should also thank Ottawa for providing him for a great opportunity to get away from his problems in Atlanta and getting a fresh start. That being said, he had just a decent playoffs IMHO though looked invisible in the cup final.
    I agree with you jeff it would be nice to see som loyalty from him but unfortunately the sport has become a business and in business the bottom line is the almighty buck. Most sports teams would not blink at trading a star if the $$$ were right (look at Gretzky) so now the players have the same attitude. The good news is that Ottawa can match any offer, although it might be more than they want to pay, they still get a chance to retain him.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I agree with you jeff it would be nice to see som loyalty from him but unfortunately the sport has become a business and in business the bottom line is the almighty buck. Most sports teams would not blink at trading a star if the $$$ were right (look at Gretzky) so now the players have the same attitude. The good news is that Ottawa can match any offer, although it might be more than they want to pay, they still get a chance to retain him.
    Dany Heatley is an unrestricted free agent after the season so Ottawa would lose him if anyone signed him!

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Dany Heatley is an unrestricted free agent after the season so Ottawa would lose him if anyone signed him!
    The ideal situation is getting him and Spezza (RFA) signed at the expense of Redden and somehow offloading Gerber.

If he is intending to test the open market then maybe Murray can get a someone in return (I guess another Heatley - Hossa trade is out of the question) or some draft high picks.

Next off season will be crucial to how the Senators go forward.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Oooops, thanks for setting me straight Foxman, I thought he was restricted....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I think Spezza is the most important person to this team this year... by far!! He is a UFA next year, and i can 1000% guarantee his "offer sheet" is gonna make Vanek/Penner's deals look like base salaries!! I can honest see some team offering Spezza a 6-8year deal worth the league maximum. At least Heatley has the option of going to Ottawa for less money than someone else offers if he loves the team. For Spezza, as soon as someone offers him a "sheet", you can guarantee someone will the second that period of Unrestricted free agency begins.

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    I think Spezza is the most important person to this team this year... by far!! He is a UFA next year, and i can 1000% guarantee his "offer sheet" is gonna make Vanek/Penner's deals look like base salaries!! I can honest see some team offering Spezza a 6-8year deal worth the league maximum. At least Heatley has the option of going to Ottawa for less money than someone else offers if he loves the team. For Spezza, as soon as someone offers him a "sheet", you can guarantee someone will the second that period of Unrestricted free agency begins.
    I think you meant RFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    I think you meant RFA.
    sorry, that's what i meant.

Thread Information