CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Le sorcier-4 1/2 hours

Do you believe you can play the Sorcier in 4.5 hours when you are not allowed to use carts in the fairway?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Do you believe you can play the Sorcier in 4.5 hours when you are not allowed to use carts in the fairway?
    If you hit it straight, probably. But if you are erratic off the tee it could be tough if on many holes you hit it to the side of the hole furthest from the cart path.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    If you hit it straight, probably. But if you are erratic off the tee it could be tough if on many holes you hit it to the side of the hole furthest from the cart path.
    Especially if one guy hits it left and long and the other one short and right. I don't believe you can yet their marshalls will push you all day long. Great track but being pushed is no fun
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    We tried talking to the owners about this last year but to no avail --that's why our group of 12 have not been back!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Any course can be played in 4.5 hours even when restricted to cart paths only, if you are not waiting on every shot for the landing area to clear.

The marshals are doing thier jobs if they are pushing players who are under the alloted time. I find it amazing that people complain about marshals if they look sideways at, or god forbid, speak your group. They also complain if they seem to not be pushing the group ahead of you.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Any course can be played in 4.5 hours even when restricted to cart paths only, if you are not waiting on every shot for the landing area to clear.

The marshals are doing thier jobs if they are pushing players who are under the alloted time. I find it amazing that people complain about marshals if they look sideways at, or god forbid, speak your group. They also complain if they seem to not be pushing the group ahead of you.
    Although I have no issues with marshalls doing their job, and I don't bad mouth them, but it is frustrating when marshalls are telling you to "move it along" when it's a slow day in general. Like many things in life, marshalling is a thankless job.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Cart path only would be tough, especially if someone is not having a good day. I really like the course and I don't want to rag on marshalls, etc., however....

We played there a couple of weekends ago and were the 7:30 tee time. We did not get off the tee until almost 7:45. After that we actually moved along OK, but almost 15 minutes late that early in the am indicates to me they are too tight on the tee time intervals. It was not an isolated incident -we never seem to get off on time there. I would go there much more often if it were not for this.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    I played there yesterday, 90 degree cart rule in effect, I even drove over a rope nearby a marshall they never said boo! The pace of all the 4somes infront of us were just under 4.5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    I usually have no problem with marshalls. Some of them do not assess the situation correctly though. It also depends on how he goes about it and the manner he uses.. You can be moving along swiftly then you could screw up on one hole. But if a marshall tells you to play from the reds like he does then he is not helping the course owners but the management will be blamed for it.
    Mahatma Gandhi

That does sound unusual. I'd expect that if a group were behind they could be asked to pick up, and move forward until in position behind the group they are following, but I have not heard of that policy before. Sounds like something that should be brought to the management. I doubt that the marshals are given free reign to make policy up as they wish.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about the possiblility of playing Sorcier in 4.5 hrs while on cart path only. Let's get back on topic and leave marshaling complaints out of it.

Will do.

Any course can be played in 4.5 hours even when restricted to cart paths only, if you are not waiting on every shot for the landing area to clear
    Isn't that a little dangerous?
    Mahatma Gandhi

LOL. I suppose it could be

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxradio View Post
    I played there yesterday, 90 degree cart rule in effect, I even drove over a rope nearby a marshall they never said boo! The pace of all the 4somes infront of us were just under 4.5 hours.
    We also played there on Sat. it was 90 degree rule, but never had a problem with anything or anyone and finished in the time alloted, actually I belive we finished about 15 minutes early!!

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    90* rule is fine. I think the original question is if 4.5 hrs is plausible with cart path only (or at least not allowed in the fairway).
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Thread Information