CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar

Pres cup ticket – counterfeit???

I’m going to purchase two tickets for the 28th. A local woman is selling them on the Internet. She states that she did not get them yet but will call me as soon as she receives them. Obviously I did not pay for them yet. I will meet her and make the exchange “cash for ticket” in person next week hopefully.

OK back to the main question. How do I make sure that they are not counterfeit??? Is there something on the ticket that I should look for?

TY
    Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I would ask her for a copy of the reciept or perhaps an order number. Then you can contact the PGA ticket sales to check on the validity of the tickets.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    I've never been stung buying tickets online from complete strangers... even this past spring where I met a guy at the St. Laurent Centre to pick up a couple game 3 Stanley Cup Final tickets.

Odds are infinitely good that you'll be OK - and while Geoff's advice is sound, I'd be shocked if she'd provide what he suggests... especially if you're paying a "premium" for the ducats!!

4 Iron DewDuster is on a distinguished road
    Assuming all the tickets are the same, the tickets would be very hard to counterfeit or at least someone who took the effort would have to sell a lot to get their investment back.

I'm doing this by memory, but among some characteristics the tickets have a President's Cup logo on the front, they have a small metal ring on the top that a string is put through and there's a ton of small print writing on the back.

Even this description really simplifies what the tickets look like, basically if she hands you a plain looking ticket, I would be skeptical, if they look legit, they are ok. How will you know they look legit? If someone handed you a ticket that looks like the one I got you will know immediately.

Thread Information