CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tecumseh

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Tecumseh

You were kind enough to help me get my bearings with respect to Madawaska. Can anyone fill me in on what to expect at Tecumseh? I am scheduled to play there in the club champions event on the 24th. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    What you see is pretty much what you get a Tecumseh. Not an overly inspiring course by any stretch.

#1 Unless you can bomb it 280 in the air, hit it 200yds short of the ravine. You can play out of the ravine but have an extreme uphill shot to a small green.
    #2 Birdie hole. Par 5 with more room right than you think off the tee.
    #3 Par 3 over water. Just hit the middle of the green you will have a 25 foot putt in any direction.
    #4 Long par 4. Be careful on this one. Miss the green and you will have a tough up and down.
    #5 Long par 5. Just work it around the tree in the middle of the fairway. If you have to lay up lay up. The bunker in the fairway is closer than you think.
    #6 Longish par 3 with a big green, pretty flat.
    #7 Weird hole. Long par 5 (550+ if memory serves). Dogleg's left right off the tee. Driver hit straight will run out of fairway so work it to the left. Green has to be 70 yards long. Yes that's what I said, 70 yards long. Pay attention to where the pin is. THere is a huge slope in the middle of the green that runs towards the back.
    #8 Par 4. Longer you hit it the flatter your second shot is. Severely sloped green back to front.
    #9 Par 3. Newer green. Bent grass compared to poa everywhere else.
    #10 Par 4. I believe it is 250 ish to the ravine (kinda the same as #1 except you can't play out of it). Really small green. When in doubt stay short.
    #11 Par 5. What you see is what you get. Green slopes pretty good from back to front. No real trouble on this hole
    #12 Nice par 3. Well bunkered. Birdie hole
    #13 Par 5. A good drive will give you a chance at reaching in 2 but you will probably need to carry 220+ on your second shot to carry the ravine. Poorly designed green with 3 tiers where the rise and run don't match! Get it on the right level. Newer green again with bent grass instead of poa.
    #14 Shortish par 4. Small green again. Should be a birdie hole.
    #15 LOOOOONG par 3 (225 ish from the back). Take your par and run. Green is pretty flat and lots of area to chip from.
    #16 Short par 4 with a really small green.
    #17 Good little par 4 dogleg right. Stay left to avoid the willow tree on your second shot. Flatish green.
    #18 Par 4 to finish. Fairyway is really undulating and it is hard to get a flat lie. Green slopes severely from back to front.

In general the grass is long, greens are soft and not much release (except when your chips bounce off the poa seed heads!). Fairways have lots of heaving from what I have no idea, so getting a flat lie is a luxury.

Have "fun". Congrats on winning the CC!

GarthM

bbad
    have to agree with the assesment above. We play our work tourney there every year and as said above there are a few risk/reward holes (like 1, 10 and 8 if memory serves me well) but NONE of them are worth it.

My only complaint with this course is HOW DO THE MEMBERS THERE PUT UP WITH THE MOGULS IN THE FAIRWAYS!! I'm exagerating here a bit but you could get a lie in the middle of the fairway with a greenlight yardage for a par 5 but have to lay up because you can't get a hybrid/wood out of the depression.

I imagine whoever has to look after carts there must have a huge crew.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Thanks for the help. Hopefully, I'll be able to put it to good use.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

bbad
    good luck!

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    Great run down by Garth... the only thing he forgot to say is that there are a ton of holes that you can hit from other fairways and still have clear shots to the green...VERY HARD TO LOSE A BALL THERE (except for the obvious.water and a couple o.b.'s) Good luck and we'll see you there.
    THUNDER

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    Should we be making a course archive forum group or somewhere to keep all this course information, for whenever someone is playing a competition at a course? This would be really handy

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Pretty open course,can be a challenge if the wind picks up.Course condition is fair only.Greens slow, fairways bumpy,a few nice holes but not very attractive to play on.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Great run down by Garth... the only thing he forgot to say is that there are a ton of holes that you can hit from other fairways and still have clear shots to the green...VERY HARD TO LOSE A BALL THERE (except for the obvious.water and a couple o.b.'s) Good luck and we'll see you there.
    Just to expand on this, if you are going to miss, miss big. If you wind up under the 5-7 foot pine trees that separate the fairways you have no shot to the green.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Mike, congrats on the CC win. I guess you beat Mr. C, or whatever his name is. Good job.

Question for anyone:

For the Tournament of Champions event, if your club champion does not want to attend is it possible for another member to represent the club (going down in order of CC finish until someone agrees to attend)?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Mike, the course is as described but has always had unbeleivable rough, you can even lose your ball in a few inches of it and it is not easy to get out, stay in the fairway, like your not trying to anyhow!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information