CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road

Circa 62 Model #1

Hi to all. I just picked up the above named putter (well used) and i have a few questions for the group:

1. Although the face and the putter is in good shape there seems to be small whiteish spotting on the face and back of the putter. Can these be removed with a good cleaning and if so what would i use.?
    2. Does this model require "maintenance" ie oil etc and if so what does one use.
    3. Are there "original" replacement grips? If so are there any "local" (Ottawa)
    4.Finally does anyone locally do good refinishing?

Appreciate all your help.
    Regards

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    1. Hard to tell without pics, but you won't damage the finish by scrubbing it using dish soap and a good nylon brush.
    2. If this is the 2006 version (yellow paint fill, yellow cover), then yes. Baby oil, or silicone spray after use. Wipe it down after every hole, never leave it wet in a headcover, or in a wet headcover. Basically the finish is close to raw carbon steel, the putter will rust if you don't keep it dry and clean.
    3. The leather stitchback was the first 'original' grip but was replaced early on by the black baby t. You can get GolfTown or anyone with a Titleist account to order one. They sometimes kick around here as well.
    4. Good question, I don't know of any. There are also cheaper options than the custom shop. Kevin Colbert's putterplating.com or Black Oxide Services are two reputable companies. Colbert used to do the finishing for Cameron.

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    1. Hard to tell without pics, but you won't damage the finish by scrubbing it using dish soap and a good nylon brush.
    2. If this is the 2006 version (yellow paint fill, yellow cover), then yes. Baby oil, or silicone spray after use. Wipe it down after every hole, never leave it wet in a headcover, or in a wet headcover. Basically the finish is close to raw carbon steel, the putter will rust if you don't keep it dry and clean.
    3. The leather stitchback was the first 'original' grip but was replaced early on by the black baby t. You can get GolfTown or anyone with a Titleist account to order one. They sometimes kick around here as well.
    4. Good question, I don't know of any. There are also cheaper options than the custom shop. Kevin Colbert's putterplating.com or Black Oxide Services are two reputable companies. Colbert used to do the finishing for Cameron.
    Thankyou very much for the reply.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Dave we should definatly change your subtitle to "Scotty know it all" or "lives for Cameron" or "has all the answers" LOL

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    lol, or "filled with marginally useful trivia". Can you believe I put my Circa up for sale last week? Insane.

I meant to add, rview1, that if the Circa has red paintfill and came with a red cover, then it's an 07 and has a nickel plated finish which doesn't need much in the way of maintenance.

Thread Information