CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar

President's Cup - Sunday

So who will be there Sunday? Hoping to meet up w/ a few OG'rs at some point during the sunday round.

DaveyC and I will be there.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I'll be there.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Same here along with two other Greyhawk members... We're planning to play Islesmere the day before.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    6 wood and I are going Friday. I have an extra ticket if anyone wants to join us

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    We're planning to play Islesmere the day before.
    That was our original plan, but beer won out (as it usually does), and we're planning on enjoying the montreal night life instead.
    Last edited by Nat Williams; 09-20-2007 at 02:51 PM.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I'm there (with some friends) for the Saturday matches only. We're planning on getting a round in Friday at Falcon. Looking forward to kicking some USA butt!
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    For those of you who are going to be there on the final round, I'm curious... what's your viewing strategy going to be? I've gotta think it'll be nearly impossible to see anything for those trying to follow the Tiger match.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Reid,

What is the cost of the ticket? What time are you going to be there for? Playing a round before?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    6 wood and I are going Friday. I have an extra ticket if anyone wants to join us

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Myself and Kiwi-man and my pops will be there Sunday.. gotta get you guys cell #s so I can txt ya. One vibrate of course
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Don't bring your cell phone in. If they see it you'll lose it.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    You will be searched before entering the grounds - anybody with a cell phone will be denied access.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Don't bring your cell phone in. If they see it you'll lose it.
    "ALL SPECTATORS WILL BE SEARCHED PRIOR TO ENTERING THE EVENT GROUNDS.
    NO ITEMS WILL BE KEPT AT THE GATE, ANY PROHIBITED ITEMS WILL NEED TO BE RETURNED TO VEHICLES.
    THE PRESIDENTS CUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS INSIDE ANY EVENT PARKING LOT."
    http://royalmontrealgolfclub.info/?page_id=97

For $15 parking, I hope they at least have some volunteers/security watching the cars..............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

9 Iron LoisDNominator is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    For those of you who are going to be there on the final round, I'm curious... what's your viewing strategy going to be? I've gotta think it'll be nearly impossible to see anything for those trying to follow the Tiger match.
    re: Viewing strategy. I asked some golf buddies who attended the Canadian Open in 1998 (?). They said that the front nine was better for spectators because there are more parallel holes. On the back nine the holes are laid end-to-end and there is more water which makes it difficult to move quickly from one hole to another.

7 Iron hkypuk is on a distinguished road
    In '97 we stood on the rope of 2 tee,watched everyone finish 1, stood 2 feet away from the likes of Tiger ,Daly et al bomb it out there and then went to 8 green I believe it was. That gave us enough time to go to 16 green grandstand.

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hkypuk View Post
    In '97 we stood on the rope of 2 tee,watched everyone finish 1, stood 2 feet away from the likes of Tiger ,Daly et al bomb it out there and then went to 8 green I believe it was. That gave us enough time to go to 16 green grandstand.

Hmm, this may be my strategy for Friday as well. How early are we allowed to go and stand along the rope lines?

Since I'm only there for one day, I'd like to watch some drives, iron shots as well as putts throughout the day.

7 Iron golfchick07 is on a distinguished road
    I am going on Sunday, scored an ambassador suite ticket but plan on checking out the grounds all morning. Shame about the cell phones...... I will be in withdrawl all day!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I'll be there as well. Anyone know when it starts?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

First tee time for sunday is 11:50 I believe.. let me confirm that.

Yup 11:50 through 1:35 on sunday.. Hopefully see ya there Chris.

3 Wood Evil Chris is on a distinguished road Evil Chris's Avatar
    I was in the stands of the 16th green all day.

I also attended on Friday, and took some great pictures on Tuesday as well.
    [url=http://www.zeemine.com/]Zeemine[/url]

Albatross bobjones59 is on a distinguished road bobjones59's Avatar

Viewing Stategy

Watched the players warm up on the range and then we stood by the fence where the players go from the range to the first tee. The laneway they have to go through is about 10 feet wide so got to see Vijay, Phil, Ernie, Mikey, Tiger and Jack go by and they were REAL close.
    We then went to #5 (par 3) and got pretty close to the green and waited until the first 4 groups came through. Most guys were coming up short except Weir who stuck it tight but missed the putt. We then went to #9 green and watched some approach shots and putts. After that we hightailed it over to #12 (par 5) and got a great spot on the ropes right at the right hand side of the green where we could see the second shots coming in. Rory hit his drive in the bunker and hit a fairway wood to about 20 yards behind us, leaving us DIRECTLY between his ball and the flag. Dottie Pepper came by and told us to move out of the way and said his only chance was to hit a low iron and try to run the ball up towards the hole. Everyone moved out of the way and Rory looked at his lie for a couple of seconds then proceeded to walk straight to the flag while counting every step, he was kind of mumbling as he walked right past us. He then walked back to his ball and took a vicious swing with lob wedge and the ball sailed over all the trees and all the spectators and landed about 15 feet short of the hole! It never even entered anyone's mind that he was going to go over the trees, it truly was an amazing shot.
    Mike put his 3 wood into the left side bunker and Tigers' drive was long but in the left rough. He hit an iron that we all thought would be close to the pin but no, it lands not 15 feet DIRECTLY in front of us, just a couple of feet short of the green. Coudn't believe it! He was so close to us I could have spit on him! He took a quick peek at the green, pulled out his lob wedge and stuck it to about 2 and a half feet! Mikey came to that hole 2 up and left 1 up! Watched a few more groups go through after that then followed the Weir/Woods mob to 15 and watched Mikey get his feet wet. On 16 we were really close to watch them Tee Off, unbelievable clubhead speed/control, a real eye opener.
    The one thing that blew me away about the whole thing was the size of the players. Tiger was much smaller than I thought he would be and Mike was so much bigger than he looks on TV. Overall it was a once in a lifetime thrill and I enjoyed every second of it. Oh yeah, George DUB-YA Sr. said HI to us as he drove by surrounded by heavily armed secret service!

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjones59 View Post
    Watched the players warm up on the range and then we stood by the fence where the players go from the range to the first tee. The laneway they have to go through is about 10 feet wide so got to see Vijay, Phil, Ernie, Mikey, Tiger and Jack go by and they were REAL close.
    We then went to #5 (par 3) and got pretty close to the green and waited until the first 4 groups came through. Most guys were coming up short except Weir who stuck it tight but missed the putt. We then went to #9 green and watched some approach shots and putts. After that we hightailed it over to #12 (par 5) and got a great spot on the ropes right at the right hand side of the green where we could see the second shots coming in. Rory hit his drive in the bunker and hit a fairway wood to about 20 yards behind us, leaving us DIRECTLY between his ball and the flag. Dottie Pepper came by and told us to move out of the way and said his only chance was to hit a low iron and try to run the ball up towards the hole. Everyone moved out of the way and Rory looked at his lie for a couple of seconds then proceeded to walk straight to the flag while counting every step, he was kind of mumbling as he walked right past us. He then walked back to his ball and took a vicious swing with lob wedge and the ball sailed over all the trees and all the spectators and landed about 15 feet short of the hole! It never even entered anyone's mind that he was going to go over the trees, it truly was an amazing shot.
    Mike put his 3 wood into the left side bunker and Tigers' drive was long but in the left rough. He hit an iron that we all thought would be close to the pin but no, it lands not 15 feet DIRECTLY in front of us, just a couple of feet short of the green. Coudn't believe it! He was so close to us I could have spit on him! He took a quick peek at the green, pulled out his lob wedge and stuck it to about 2 and a half feet! Mikey came to that hole 2 up and left 1 up! Watched a few more groups go through after that then followed the Weir/Woods mob to 15 and watched Mikey get his feet wet. On 16 we were really close to watch them Tee Off, unbelievable clubhead speed/control, a real eye opener.
    The one thing that blew me away about the whole thing was the size of the players. Tiger was much smaller than I thought he would be and Mike was so much bigger than he looks on TV. Overall it was a once in a lifetime thrill and I enjoyed every second of it. Oh yeah, George DUB-YA Sr. said HI to us as he drove by surrounded by heavily armed secret service!
    Sounded like you had a great "viewing strategy" !!

I actually found Tiger to be taller than what he appears on TV. The people I was with said the same thing. The guy is certainly solid !!
    The two guys who are even bigger than what they appear on TV are Ernie and VJ.
    Ernie is a huge man. No wonder with his easy swing he can hit bombs.
    Chuckie 3-stick (Charles Howell III) is even thinner than on TV. Chuckie can bomb it as far as his good buddy Tiger. He has incredible lag.........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Thread Information