100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    The guy won't have a leg to stand on now if he sues as Emery has been cleared.

http://www.ottawasun.com/News/Breaki...75982-sun.html
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Unbelievable Perhaps the police should investigate to see if Mr. Therien is still competent to be driving a vehicle

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Emery needs to watch his off ice behaviour. Ottawa is a "very small town" and word is spreading on other matters..................
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    no, he doesn't..............he needs to watch his on ice behaviour. Anything else is irrelevant as long as his level of play stays high.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    no, he doesn't..............he needs to watch his on ice behaviour. Anything else is irrelevant as long as his level of play stays high.
    If I was 3,000 km away and had a peer group of university students, I would likely be saying the same.........
    This is a public forum, so I am just going to leave things at that. I am sure there are those on this forum who know what I am referring to......
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    If I was 3,000 km away and had a peer group of university students, I would likely be saying the same.........
    This is a public forum, so I am just going to leave things at that. I am sure there are those on this forum who know what I am referring to......

What the hell kind of comment is that? What the hell are you even talking about? My peer group of university students is better informed about most things (other than the rates at the Marshes) than most demographics.

This is a public forum...so you are going to slander an entire demographic (the one that will soon be paying to support you), and then decline further comment because you are ruled by your incredible sense of decorum? That makes a tonne of sense.

It's quite simple, really. Your boss doesn't care if you get drunk every night, or snort coke, or whatever you do, as long as you come to work and do your job. Likewise, we shouldn't care what the hell Ray Emery does as long as he does his job. The rest is none of our business. Frankly, I'm amazed that anyone has the audacity to make such a comment.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Why is the media giving the guy so much air time? Its over, let it go...... it is definitely not news worthy
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

What the hell kind of comment is that? What the hell are you even talking about? My peer group of university students is better informed about most things (other than the rates at the Marshes) than most demographics.

This is a public forum...so you are going to slander an entire demographic (the one that will soon be paying to support you), and then decline further comment because you are ruled by your incredible sense of decorum? That makes a tonne of sense.

It's quite simple, really. Your boss doesn't care if you get drunk every night, or snort coke, or whatever you do, as long as you come to work and do your job. Likewise, we shouldn't care what the hell Ray Emery does as long as he does his job. The rest is none of our business. Frankly, I'm amazed that anyone has the audacity to make such a comment.
    At least you did not call me a "old bag of bones"................

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

They are talking about him sleeping around.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Everything I posted above still applies.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    OMG! Single, wealthy, hockey players are having sex! The horror, the horror.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    OMG! Single, wealthy, hockey players are having sex! The horror, the horror.
    I know, it's a monstrosity, isn't it? Human beings are supposed to suppress their natural instinct to procreate. This is an abomination.

And any red blooded sigle canadian man wouldn't? So what..... I don't care if he gets falling down drunk all the time as long as he shows up for games, plays like he can, wins games, and is not a distraction to the team.... what he does on his own time is none of my business...... Everyone knows he is a character, he always has been and always will be, he loves the limelight.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

First of all its libel, not slander. Secondly, I am sure Mr. Emery's boss would care if he was snorting coke, getting drunk every night, etc. The league might have something to say about it.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    First of all its libel, not slander. Secondly, I am sure Mr. Emery's boss would care if he was snorting coke, getting drunk every night, etc. The league might have something to say about it.
    Unless "someone" tests positive for "something" and is subsequently suspended, then all of this banter is irrelevant.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

My post was just in reply to this comment

" What the hell kind of comment is that? What the hell are you even talking about?"

I would do exactly everything he has done, if not more

" What the hell kind of comment is that? What the hell are you even talking about?"

There are many rumors about Emery and a couple of others on the team but they are exactly that rumors..... There aren't many humans that can resist the temptation when they get the big bucks easily.... hell, most of us can't resist the temptatoin without the easy millions

Oh, ok, I gotcha. My initial comment was just a response to the absurd nature of PEI's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    There are many rumors about Emery and a couple of others on the team but they are exactly that rumors..... There aren't many humans that can resist the temptation when they get the big bucks easily.... hell, most of us can't resist the temptatoin without the easy millions

Indio, I hope bugsy doesn't see this... LOL

Indio, I hope bugsy doesn't see this... LOL
    If I am not on for a few days it is because I am recouperating!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    If I am not on for a few days it is because I am recouperating!
    Yeah, your "old bag of bones" will not be able to handle it................

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Yeah, your "old bag of bones" will not be able to handle it................
    NOBODY can handle a beating administered by Bugsy

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    [quote=rancherJ;206064]just curious would you guys be defending maybe Wade Belak (he has a Hummer too) for the same alleged offense. I'm keeping in mind nothing has been proven or even investigated
    quote]

Does Wade Belak have a license? I thought you had to be able to pass a written test to get your drivers license. The rules must be different in Toronto.

You know what? Another big name player is being accused of this and that. Same thing happened down here with Joe Thornton and his brothers in a local bar. Cops got a call from the bar. Show up, pepper spray in hand and fogging the place with it. Taking down a big name hockey player, trying to be hero's. Charges laid for resisting arrest etc etc against Joe and his brother. Both cases tossed out of court because what the cops said happened simply did not happen.

There is always someone seeking notoriety or cash or both when it comes to million dollar sports figures.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information