CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar

Ottawa driver says Emery threatened him during road rage incident

And the incidents just keep happening with this guy................

Not good...........!!

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...d25a22&k=53693
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    He said vs. he said. Nothing will come of this probably. Complain to the police. Going to the club was childish.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    one person's word vs another. Besides, a lot of drivers out there could use a wakeup call. They may not be threatening anyone, but they put lives in danger everyday. And most of them haven't got a clue that they're doing it.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Must be a Leaf fan looking to pick up a quick buck or two..............

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Emery admitted to yelling at him and swearing at him, but only after the guy cut him off. Too funny, Emery cracks me up!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    Besides, a lot of drivers out there could use a wakeup call.

I guess we should let Ray Emery be "the law"

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    99.99 percent of us have been involved in a similar traffic incident... no biggie.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    The guy's is going in the paper, the radio etc. And yet he's not looking for money? What is he looking for, publicity? He says its not because its Ray Emery, then fine, place your police report and see your lawyer, but why go to the media?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    The guy's is going in the paper, the radio etc. And yet he's not looking for money? What is he looking for, publicity? He says its not because its Ray Emery, then fine, place your police report and see your lawyer, but why go to the media?
    Exactly.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    He's probably still pissed at Emery and is just trying to get back at him further, upping the ante from the 'argument'. Just another idiot hot head. On the other hand, Emery isn't exactly showing himself to be a master of good judgement either. Not quite the maturity level you're looking for in a $3M/year player...

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    I read this guy now says he is going to sue. Emery needs to be more careful for sure, but the other guy is taking this way too far. He is obviously looking for compensation or notoriety or more likely, both.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    I read this guy now says he is going to sue. Emery needs to be more careful for sure, but the other guy is taking this way too far. He is obviously looking for compensation or notoriety or more likely, both.
    For some reason I don't think he'd be suing me if I cut him off in my Civic.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    i hope emery counters w/ defamation of character or liable or something along those lines ... even if the guy is right, and is telling the truth, his motives are all wrong.

as stated earlier in this thread, just file a police report and keep quiet ... don't run your mouth to everyone that'll listen. And definatley don't sue, you have nothing to sue over!
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    He's probably still pissed at Emery and is just trying to get back at him further, upping the ante from the 'argument'. Just another idiot hot head. On the other hand, Emery isn't exactly showing himself to be a master of good judgement either. Not quite the maturity level you're looking for in a $3M/year player...
    I wasn't exactly a man of best judgements when I was 24. Nor am I now, at 39 for that matter! You live and you learn. I hope Ray will try to ignore such situations in the future.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    what a freakin media circus. this happens to me about once a week driving home.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...76995-sun.html

here's the link to the story - the guy says he wants to sue.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

BTW, do you ever notice that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster is a maniac?

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    just curious would you guys be defending maybe Wade Belak (he has a Hummer too) for the same alleged offense. I'm keeping in mind nothing has been proven or even investigated
    99.99 percent of us have been involved in a similar traffic incident... no biggie
    Driving aggressively?Getting out of our cars? getting in the face of seniors? cursing them out? (allegedly)
    yeh no biggie
    If (and I say "if") Ray did what that guy says he did I could care less if the guy went to the media, police or took out a full page ad in the Sun.
    When all is said and done we will find out who the real "victim" is in this case
    Some people see to think its Emery being given a rough time here.

I think both are to blame. He said/he said so far. I have a feeling this is getting blown out or proportion by the media.

I think the real issue here is that these run-ins happen everyday, and the fact it was Emery shouldn't make it news.

Just like the Staals this summer at the bachelor party. How many times has that happened to other people where it never gets reported?

And I'm not defending Emery or the other guy. I will say Emery doesn't need the distractions and should think a little more about his actions, etc. because this is they type of media circus it will turn into because he has no choice but to live his life in a microscope, being a professional athlete. Sometimes he doesn't help his cause though.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Wow, slow day in news. Whats next, "Wade Redden complains to manager at Loblaws after finding out they were out of apples"?

If the picture in the story showed his Toyota with a goalie stick embedded in the front windshield, that would be news (and also a very funny picture). As it is, is basically a normal day on the road for me.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by rancherJ View Post
    just curious would you guys be defending maybe Wade Belak (he has a Hummer too) for the same alleged offense. I'm keeping in mind nothing has been proven or even investigated
    Driving aggressively?Getting out of our cars? getting in the face of seniors? cursing them out? (allegedly)
    yeh no biggie
    If (and I say "if") Ray did what that guy says he did I could care less if the guy went to the media, police or took out a full page ad in the Sun.
    When all is said and done we will find out who the real "victim" is in this case
    There certainly is a bit of 'homerism' going on here for sure, but hey, he's our guy and why shouldn't we stick up for him? He's not been charged with anything, and he's certainly not been convicted of anything.

But, I think my point is that we've all been there... we've all lost our temper when we shouldn't have, and we all do things that as time passes and we look back on it, we regret.

I'm not saying Ray did the right thing - far from it - Ray is guilty of not 'lettin' it go'. I think next time, he will.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

just curious would you guys be defending maybe Wade Belak (he has a Hummer too) for the same alleged offense.
    NO!! Belak is a total idiot and plays for the home town rivals - nuff said

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I would of left it at Belak is an idiot myself. Can someone ell me why he's even in the NHL?????
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    It's the whining to the media that I don't like. As others have mentioned, these incidents happen every day & it just isn't news.
    And to threaten to sue over road rage? Give me a break.

This *can't call him what i really want to call him on here* wouldn't have sued you or I in the same situation. He's grubbing for money, and should be ashamed of himself. If he's so big on frivolous lawsuits, maybe he should move to the states when they're common place.

I really hope this backfires on him and he's made to look like a fool...then maybe we'll be lucky enough to see him move cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Can someone ell me why he's even in the NHL?????
    I'll go with the reason being that Fergie Jr. is also an idiot who got to where he is on his Daddy's coat tails and has no idea how to judge NHL caliber talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Fergie Jr. is also an idiot who got to where he is on his Daddy's coat tails and has no idea how to judge NHL caliber talent.
    Hey. I resemble that remark!

Sincerely,
    Mark Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Hey. I resemble that remark!

Sincerely,
    Mark Bell
    LOL

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Please try keep to the topic of the Emery incident fellas.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    My opinion is you can tell the guy is a dink just by reading either story. The fact that he insisted The Citizen use his middle initial is always a sure sign of a stuffed up idiot who is full of himself...

My opinion is you can tell the guy is a dink just by reading either story. The fact that he insisted The Citizen use his middle initial is always a sure sign of a stuffed up idiot who is full of himself...
    I am very happy that they mentioend that i nthe caption ... shows what they think of it all

also, how dumb do you look going out for a photoshoot at the 'scene of the crime' LOL.

Thread Information