100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Hoegarden has always been a favourite of mine. I've only ever had it at the bar, and at the Honest Lawyer, it comes in a huge glass. It's fantastic.

After a couple of those, I'll have a couple of St. Ambrose Apricot Wheat Ale.

Leffe Blond as was previously mentioned is really good.

I'm starting to get into wines a little now too, ever since the movie Sideways

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    Anyone ever had Strongbow Cider? I thougth I ordered one (those train samples at Barley Mow's) but I checked the wrong box..
    Strongbow is a dry cider , very nice if served cold (like most drinks) it has a crisper taste ,and is a pale yellow colour , however Magners or Taunton are a sweeter cider ,and a little more palettable (which is not always a good thing the next day) and have a more orange tint to it. They're all good and worth trying to find your favorite.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Another fave of mine albeit a "local" beer is the St. Ambroise Blonde Pale Ale, it is a gloriously tasty brew.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I managed to try the following in Prague: Kruckovice Light / Dark, Pilsner Urquell, Staropramen, Budweiser Budvar Light / Dark and a few others that escape my memory. I had a small preference to the dark beers, but all in all, they were quite tasty.

The best part is, the beer is literally cheaper than water. We regularly found places where it was 30 CZK (czech crowns) which is roughly about $1.50 Canadian for a .5 litre glass. I even saw a couple of places where it was 25 CZK or $1.25 / beer. Crazy cheap!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I managed to try the following in Prague: Kruckovice Light / Dark, Pilsner Urquell, Staropramen, Budweiser Budvar Light / Dark and a few others that escape my memory. I had a small preference to the dark beers, but all in all, they were quite tasty.

The best part is, the beer is literally cheaper than water. We regularly found places where it was 30 CZK (czech crowns) which is roughly about $1.50 Canadian for a .5 litre glass. I even saw a couple of places where it was 25 CZK or $1.25 / beer. Crazy cheap!
    Sounds like an awesome time. I remember before the Euro, beer used to be that cheap in a lot of places. I was in Amsterdam 1 year before the Euro and beer at every cafe was either 2 or 3 Guilders, $1.20-$1.80 CDN. I was there the year after and they had just substituted the Euro price for the Guilder price, so 2-3 Euros per biertje, $3-5 CDN. It's even more now.

Ya, if you ever get a chance to go, do it. Incredible city. You can't swing a dead cat without finding a place to drink a beer.

It's cheaper than Canada in a lot of places in Europe, Germany, Spain, etc. but not like in Prague.

In Oslo and Stockholm, it is ridiculous, approximately $10-$12 CAD for 1 beer - that's the normal price. In Madrid I paid 8 EUR for 1 small heiniken at a posh nightclub.

here are a few pics I took while there....

enjoy.

Gap Wedge oktawa is on a distinguished road
    have u ever tried tsing tao beer?? its decent!

Thread Information