CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

Congrats to Allan McGee.. again.

Well Allan took down the Cornwall Open yesterday comming in in the last group of the day with a 74 to win by 1. Shattered the hopes of 5 guys tied in at 75.. One of them being me. The conditions were awsome at Cornwall yesterday.. the starter said the greens were running around 12.

I guess loosing to Allan isn't a bad thing but I am a bit dissapointed looking back at my round.. I was rocking at 2 under through 11 after three birdies in a row on 9, 10, 11.. Then I made a triple on the par 3 12th. 205 yards into the wind got into the green side trap left it in and then three putt.. (the putter was good overall with 26 putts)

The most disappointing hole though was 18. 145 pars 3 into the wind. I left my tee shot 10 feet short of the green.. Then hit my chip about 9.5 feet and still wasn't on the green.. Made bogey for 75..

Anyway, just wanted to give congrats to Allan and my hat is off to the course in Cornwall.

Also Bob Flaro took down the pro division with I believe 68? Anyone correct me?
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

5 Wood amac is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    Well Allan took down the Cornwall Open yesterday comming in in the last group of the day with a 74 to win by 1. Shattered the hopes of 5 guys tied in at 75.. One of them being me. The conditions were awsome at Cornwall yesterday.. the starter said the greens were running around 12.

I guess loosing to Allan isn't a bad thing but I am a bit dissapointed looking back at my round.. I was rocking at 2 under through 11 after three birdies in a row on 9, 10, 11.. Then I made a triple on the par 3 12th. 205 yards into the wind got into the green side trap left it in and then three putt.. (the putter was good overall with 26 putts)

The most disappointing hole though was 18. 145 pars 3 into the wind. I left my tee shot 10 feet short of the green.. Then hit my chip about 9.5 feet and still wasn't on the green.. Made bogey for 75..

Anyway, just wanted to give congrats to Allan and my hat is off to the course in Cornwall.

Also Bob Flaro took down the pro division with I believe 68? Anyone correct me?

Congrats on your play, too Lance. Cornwall's greens are extremely difficult (and small) and a tournament 75 is still a great score, despite the fact that it sounds like it could have been better. Next time you'll hoist the trophy.

I had some buddies playing in the tournament...does anyone know if they will post the scores online anywhere?

I am not sure about online but I just grabbed todays Standard Freeholder.. they published the top 5 gross winners. Flaro shot 67 yesterday not 68 as I thought.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/w...ports&classif=

Here is the article from the Freeholder.. They only briefly mention the amatuers.

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Lance.
    THUNDER

Thread Information