100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hybrid danscustom is on a distinguished road
    Clubfitting is one of the single most important steps there is in fullfilling your goal of lowering your handicap.
    Without a properly fit set of clubs you run the risk of digging your long irons, skulling your short iron, miting the simplest of putts, and lossing more balls than you care to with an overlength driver.
    Find a certified fitter and be picky on his procedure.
    It is not as simple as some think, and is far more important than most think.
    Thanks, Dan
    True Length Technology @ [URL="http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com"]www.danscustomgolfshop.com[/URL]

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danscustom View Post
    Clubfitting is one of the single most important steps there is in fullfilling your goal of lowering your handicap.
    Without a properly fit set of clubs you run the risk of digging your long irons, skulling your short iron, miting the simplest of putts, and lossing more balls than you care to with an overlength driver.
    Find a certified fitter and be picky on his procedure.
    It is not as simple as some think, and is far more important than most think.
    WELL SAID Dan!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    I would not be too worried about cast clubs being out of sync from hitting off of mats. They are tough as nails to bend.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I would not be too worried about cast clubs being out of sync from hitting off of mats. They are tough as nails to bend.
    Ya might want to re think that comment Chiefy. It all depends on the type and quality of that type of steel. I've bent some Wishon wedges almost 5* and some ZT heads 4* quite easly.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    Ya might want to re think that comment Chiefy. It all depends on the type and quality of that type of steel. I've bent some Wishon wedges almost 5* and some ZT heads 4* quite easly.

I was generally speaking Les. Depends on the material type. 17-4 is not that easy to bend. 431 Hyper steel is practically unbendable. Carbon steel is pretty easy and the list goes on. GS has a club that is bendable up to 10 degrees. SMT is up to 5 degrees I believe.
    If you have a minue check out the following on page 13:

http://www.golfsmith.com/pdf/8325%20...ed%20instr.pdf

Unfortunately it is something buyers hardly ever consider when purchasing clubs.
    Wouldn't you say that 17-4 is the most spread out there?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Putter WeBClubbin' is on a distinguished road

Professional Club Fitting

A professional club fitting session can effectively be performed both indoors and out.

It has been stated by some that outdoor sessions create conditions that distract the golfer.

It has also been stated that inside sessions can cause the golfer to alter their natural swing because of being in a confined space.

Neither side is right because there are professional club fitters doing it both ways and continuing to stay in business.

The location of the fitting has less to do with how the final clubs perform than the quality of the fitting and final assembly of the clubs to the specifications that fit YOUR game.

I have a short game area installed by Southwest Greens. The same company that have built backyard greens for several top money winners on the PGA. Now, that being said, I think there has been some improvements in hitting mats. And I know of at least three brands of mats that will give you same effect as real turf if you hit it fat. And they cost serious money.

It can hurt to hit a golf ball. Vibration gives us feedback. It can also cause us pain. And hitting off of turf will not help you. That is why VJ is using e21 shafts.

So I would add, make sure that you deal with a professional club fitter who is up to date on the latest technology in the golf business.

Myron

Thread Information