CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outaouais

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Thumbs up Outaouais

Just played for the first time and I am sold. What a great place. $40/round. Great facility, club house, restaurant and challenging course (E/S) Shot 41/53 but even with the shaky back nine I'll be back. Shot-gun start and only negative is the hike to your starting hole, then back to the club house. Great view from the balcony in the restaurant and saw some awsome shots. Thought Canadian was great, but IMO this is better. All the balls you can hit from the driving range, included in your greens fee. Fairways may not be as nice but greens are the most challenging and fast... wow. Don't know what the pros play on but these are the fastest ones I have seen yet and reading the break is a real challenge. Undulating fairways, and with enough width to forgive those left to right shots. Not many places off the fairway that you cannot play out except the #9 on S. You have to think your way around this course and best value for money I have found yet. Some of the same issues as with Canadian, that the greens keepers work on despite your presence, but the marshals are very fair and supportive. We played with couple of juniors and they say that they have unrestricted access to the course, something I have read others do not.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Good track--I like the West/South with all the mature trees---good play to unwind your head
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

7 Iron hkypuk is on a distinguished road
    Mondays and Friday shotguns are a fantastic deal.$40 as opposed to regular $50+ during the week.
    The work crews were working hard this morning to the in order to be done for the tourney and weren't stopping a lot.
    Greens are definitely cut tight and the pins were in pretty tough spots today. Playing this course often is a big advantage when it comes to putting.
    The only disadvantage to being a green fee player on shotgun mornings is members get first choice for their starting hole which is understandable. Unfortunately it usually means you have to start from one of the holes farthest away from the parking lot. The good part is because of that you can usually get a couple of extra holes in.
    All in all a great value for the dollar.
    Pay for your 2008 membership in full now and play the rest of this season for free---wow.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Hi Kiwi,even as a member af the Canadian,I agree with you that the Outaouais is a better course.They keep this course in great shape all the time and the layout is fantastic.If i had youe money I would join up.LOL.Enjoy the rest of the summer and we will hook up for a game in the near future.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    for some bizarre and unknown reason, I have never played there. I keep meaning to every year but never seem to get there. I vow to change that this year as I love this style of course.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information