100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riverbend Golf

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

Riverbend Golf

How's it... anyone played @ Riverbend? Compare to?

Thanks,

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Short, fairways are a bit rough, greens are deadly slow.
    Not much to it. Only one hole mentioning and that is the par 5, 17th I believe.

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    played from the Blues it is fair test over 6300 yds, very little sand, bit of water, enough fescue/junk to make it interesting. I am a member (live 1.5 km away) I have seen very few green fee players dominating the course. that may be a reflection on better golfers staying away. the folks i bring out often leave wondering "what happened it looked so easy"
    I would put the course in the same category as maybe mountain creek,arnprior or lombard glen. A country course you can get on almost any time and the people are friendly
    Greens are extra slowish right now, talked to greenskeeper they are worried about cutting them too short with the lack of rain. earlier in the season they were running pretty decent.
    FYI no beer cart except on weekends after noon but they do sell six packs w/ice and coolers to go.

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    Played a few fridays ago in the heat. Told the couple before us was 2 holes ahead of us. Caught up to them on the 3rd. On the fourth, the foursome ahead of us let the slow couple play through. The foursome was even slower as each guy couldn't hit the ball further than 50 yards. We skipped two holes to get ahead. Lots of beers followed.

8 Iron K D is on a distinguished road K D's Avatar
    This is my second season of playing golf and still consider myself to be a beginner. Played Riverbend a couple of months ago and enjoyed it. Relatively flat and straight forward. Reminded me of Poplar Grove but not quite as narrow. I'd play there again
    [SIZE=1][I]If I wanted to hear the pitter patter of little feet I'd put shoes on my cat.[/I][/SIZE]

Lob Wedge D. Scott is on a distinguished road
    I saw an advertisement for the Riverbend executive course as a good place for kids... so I took my son and we played the executive there a couple of weeks ago. No yardage markers that I saw. No beverage cart. Only two ball washers on the entire course. The signage? What signage? (so how do you find the 9th from the 8th? a lucky guess in our case) Slow patchy long grass greens. And $26 each? I'll compare that to the $30 I paid for 18 at the awesome Renfrew Golf Club the same week. We won't be back to the Riverbend executive. Thanks.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Its an ok track , with a few challenging holes , definately comparable to Irish Hills or even Manderleys conditions this year , the greens are quite small also making it a little more interesting , worth a trip once for sure.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hmm, I must respectfully disagree Wil.

I have played Irish hills twice this year, and even though I am not a big fan, I must say that its condition this year has been better than anytime I have played Riverbend. The only major problem I had with Irish Hills was some of the tee boxes.

And I don't think Riverbend is ever comparable to Manderley. My only issue with Manderley was that the greens looked a bit rough due to people not repairing their ball marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Its an ok track , with a few challenging holes , definately comparable to Irish Hills or even Manderleys conditions this year , the greens are quite small also making it a little more interesting , worth a trip once for sure.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I'm comparing the layout being somewhat similar to Irish Hills in respect to type of course , and the conditions being similar to Manderley . I played both courses at around the same time and i didn't see a huge difference between the two in conditions (manderley and RB) They were not bad , but both had grass growing in some sand traps and clover and dandelions growing on some of the fairways and rough . Thats the only comparison i'm making .

Understood, but did you not find that putting on Riverbend's greens were like putting on shag carpeting?

I guess that the slow greens are what bother me about RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    I'm comparing the layout being somewhat similar to Irish Hills in respect to type of course , and the conditions being similar to Manderley . I played both courses at around the same time and i didn't see a huge difference between the two in conditions (manderley and RB) They were not bad , but both had grass growing in some sand traps and clover and dandelions growing on some of the fairways and rough . Thats the only comparison i'm making .

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Not very many courses spray weed killer around like they used to. Some more than others but environmental concerns prevail nowadays.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

It was a couple of months ago and for sure they were a bit slow but in all fairness ,consistant , 15 mins on the practice green before helped me out .

Since Manderley was borught up as a comparison in this thread, Is Manderley doing anything about their greens Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Not very many courses spray weed killer around like they used to. Some more than others but environmental concerns prevail nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    As they probably should ,in all fairness ,
    but shouldn't they now reduce the green fees because they spend less on pesticides

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The greens at Manderley are excellent other than some pitch marks, mostly at the front of the greens. This is pretty normal this time of year. It is getting better though. It was more of an issue a couple of weeks ago.

Some interesting and tough pin placements the last few weeks. They are certainly testing our putting!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information