100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mont Tremblant

Sand Wedge keithf is on a distinguished road

Question Mont Tremblant

Hi Folks,

I'm planning to visit Mont Tremblant in early September for a weekend and need some advice.

I'm looking for some first class hotel accommodation and wonder if anyone could recommend a good choice. Also, I'm thinking of playing La Bete and Le Diable and would like to know if these courses can be walked and do they allow this on weekends?

Any information or advice would be appreciated?

Cheers

Gap Wedge Grimm is on a distinguished road
    Can't help you with the accomodation or course policies, but if you have a Costco membership, I'd suggest picking up their golf package, which includes 2 rounds of golf with carts to both Geant and Diable for $200. It should save you a few bucks. I don't know if there is a discount for accomodations in the package though.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Can't help with accommodation but both courses are carts only. Daible has a nice GPS system in. Arrive early at Le Diable, range is unlimited balls included in the green fee.

Costco package is 2 rounds, 1 at Le Geant, 1 at Le Diable, 2 hats, 2 Taylor made club rentals.

1 Iron Daft_driver is on a distinguished road
    Best place to stay hands down in the Tremblant area is Chateau Beauvallon. I get ridiculously cheap rates at the Fairmont and I still chose to stay at Beauvallon. It is rated #1 at Tripadvisor.

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    If you have Starwood points to burn, the Westin in the village is outstanding. One of the best hotels i've had the pleasure of staying in.

Thanks for the responses. Chateau Beauvallon looks like a great choice. One other question: Many years ago (in the early 70s), my parents took me to Gray Rocks and there was a golf club there - does it still exist or has it become one of the well known courses like La Belle etc.?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    La Belle and La Bete are the two Grey Rocks courses. La Belle is the old one.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

anguswf
    I spent a long weekend at Gray Rocks during winter for skiing and really liked it!

It's an old hotel but with excellent service and food.

As for the golf courses, it seems they are pretty well rated.

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    check out le maitre... very nice, but very expensive too, not that the others aren't.... enjoy, that area is awesome, all 4 seasons!

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    If you want to drive less than 30 minutes from Tremblant to play a nice country course I highly recommend Club de Golf Arundel (819-687-3292) which plays 6200yds from the whites and about 6600yds from the blues. You can walk the course, greens fees I believe are $42 on weekends, the course is in great shape. The views over the river from the club house are hard to beat and the beer is always cold. If you are lucky the owner, Dickie Moore of the past Montreal Canadians might even be present. He is very approachable and likes to chat.
    Have a great week end!

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keithf View Post
    Hi Folks,

I'm planning to visit Mont Tremblant in early September for a weekend and need some advice.

I'm looking for some first class hotel accommodation and wonder if anyone could recommend a good choice. Also, I'm thinking of playing La Bete and Le Diable and would like to know if these courses can be walked and do they allow this on weekends?

Any information or advice would be appreciated?

Cheers
    Carts are inlcuded in the price. I don't think they allow walking, however I don't think you could physically walk Diable.

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    The Diable is walkable although they will not let you walk. I walked most of it the year the skins game was held there. The Giant on the other hand is not walkable!

3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar
    I would also recommand Chateau Beauvallon. We spent three days there last month and the room (1 bedroom + a murphy bed and sofa bed in the living room), rates and customer service was great.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    We stayed at Les Chouettes this past weekend (nice condo at foot of the hill)...if you booked through tremblant.ca site 21 days in advance, you also get 20% off.
    There's also another promotional with $100 credits toward your next (min 2 days) stay before end of October. We're going back and this time I'm brining my clubs

Smile

Many thanks to all who responded with helpful comments and recommendations. I stayed at Chateau Beauvallon this past weekend and played La Belle and La Bete.

Chateau Beauvallon was very nice and I'll be visiting there again soon. La Belle is an excellent walking course; if I hadn't putted so poorly I would have had some really good scores. La Bete was nice as well but I'm now looking forward to trying some of the other courses in the area.

Cheers everyone.

Keith

3 Wood Evil Chris is on a distinguished road Evil Chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daft_driver View Post
    Best place to stay hands down in the Tremblant area is Chateau Beauvallon. I get ridiculously cheap rates at the Fairmont and I still chose to stay at Beauvallon. It is rated #1 at Tripadvisor.
    Beauvallon is nice. Location isn't really good, you can't walk anywhere and it's overpriced in my opinion. But it all depends on what you want.

I have stayed at dozens of different places in Tremblant, from the Fairmont to local B&Bs and they all have their merits. Most recently we took a 2 bedroom condo with a loft at the Marriot right in the village. Very nice. We're trying La Tour de Voyageurs this weekend.

Glad to read you had a good time Keith.
    [url=http://www.zeemine.com/]Zeemine[/url]

Hope you had a good time. Are the courses still open at Tremblant? I was thinking of going back on the weekend of the 2nd?

Cheers

I have stayed at dozens of different places in Tremblant, from the Fairmont to local B&Bs and they all have their merits. Most recently we took a 2 bedroom condo with a loft at the Marriot right in the village. Very nice. We're trying La Tour de Voyageurs this weekend.

Glad to read you had a good time Keith. [/quote]

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    I know Le Maitre is already closed (2 weeks ago I believe). You are probably out of luck for the 2nd of Nov. Quick peak at tremblant.ca shows both Le Geant and Le Diable are closed. Most likely the same for Grey Rocks (Bete/Belle).

Thread Information