CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar

OG Handicap System

I guess this one goes out to Dan and the programmers. The system is great and I should know better to ask for something added to a free service, but I'm just wondering if it would be possible to implement some sort of handicap history either in just a table format or ideally a graph?

I know that your index doesn't always represent the way you're playing throughout the year due to it being historical, but it would be nice to see how the handicap moves over a period of 6 or 12 months.

I don't even know if anyone else would be interested in such a feature, just throwing it out there as a suggestion.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    that would be cool. Except when my index is climbing. Then it would be depressing.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    that would be cool. Except when my index is climbing. Then it would be depressing.
    It would just show you that it's time to enter a couple tournaments with good "Net" prizes.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    We have plans to do this over the winter.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hybrid harbacostal is on a distinguished road
    I have course questions...and they are Clublink courses... I don't seem to be able to find Predator\Grey Hawk or La Maitre...is it just a KTC interface problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    We have plans to do this over the winter.
    Nice... Always 1 step ahead.

Greyhawk (Predator & Talon) are there - Type Greyhawk
    Le Maite I'll have to see what's going on. It should be there. You can always use Manual Entry.

Quote Originally Posted by harbacostal View Post
    I have course questions...and they are Clublink courses... I don't seem to be able to find Predator\Grey Hawk or La Maitre...is it just a KTC interface problem?

Hybrid harbacostal is on a distinguished road
    I don't seem to get both options at the Greyhawk location I only get GreyHawk 18 holes 9 holes etc. Like I said it could be KTC interface related...That KTC stands for keyboard to chair by the way...

Hmmm. I see that now. That seems to have changed since I last played at Talon.
    I'll add it to the additions list I have started and we'll get them in when we can.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I was wondering the same thing Hoolio---I have played the last 9 games with a 93 being the highest but the handicap is not moving very much
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Ummm is there some maintenance being done to the system, because I just logged in and all my rounds have disappeared?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Ummm is there some maintenance being done to the system, because I just logged in and all my rounds have disappeared?
    Weird, mine are all there.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Lightbulb Handicap slow to change

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I was wondering the same thing Hoolio---I have played the last 9 games with a 93 being the highest but the handicap is not moving very much
    I'm at the mid-summer plateau as well. Shot an 82 the other day and expected a big drop. Got maybe a .1 improvement. Stats are not my forte but seems to me that it is not necessarily the score, but the differential, that will make it move. Low score on an easy course, not so much, but low score on a 70 plus rating, now you're talking improvement.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I'm at the mid-summer plateau as well. Shot an 82 the other day and expected a big drop. Got maybe a .1 improvement. Stats are not my forte but seems to me that it is not necessarily the score, but the differential, that will make it move. Low score on an easy course, not so much, but low score on a 70 plus rating, now you're talking improvement.

That's exaclt it Kiwi. For instance, my course has a rating of 68.6 but the course is a par 71. To maintain my current index of 4 I have to almost shoot 71-73 everytime out. Which in relation to par is even to only 2 over, tough to do regardless of your skill level. But when I played Stonebridge earlier this year and shot an 81 from the tips (which is either 9 or ten over par) it translated into only an idex of 7ish. So if I could put together some mid 70 rounds at SB from the tips my cap would probably hold steady. Funny how it works that way isn't it?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Well my scores are still gone... I have a feeling this has to do with registering for the online booking system last night. I used to just use it to see what was available, but I guess you need to be registered now to check, so I signed up, and poof all the scores are gone.

The problem is that you were already signed up for the handicapping. It's the same login. By registering a second time the system is confused. Did it allow you to use the same password for the new registration?

PM me your real name and password(s) afor the 2 accounts and I'll fix you up.

Thread Information