100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge randrews581 is on a distinguished road randrews581's Avatar

20% off entire inventory at Bob Martins!!

I just thought I'd give you all a heads up. Stopped by the store today after playing Thames and they've reduced their entire inventory 20%. I grabbed a Vokey Spin Milled wedge for less than $130. No clue how long this will last, but definately worth the trip.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I grabbed a new Spin Mill last week for $15 No, it was not hot and it came from a golf retailer

Of course Martin's will have a sale. That saves them from moving all the stock at the downtown location once they close the doors this fall.

I still prefer my local retailer.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

3 Iron guitarman is on a distinguished road guitarman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I grabbed a new Spin Mill last week for $15 No, it was not hot and it came from a golf retailer

Of course Martin's will have a sale. That save them from moving all the stock at the downtown location once they close the doors this fall.

I still prefer my local retailer.

Where did you get your Vokey for $15? Do they have more? I'll be in London tommorrow for a tournament at FCN. I had plan to get down there early to go check out some sales at Bob Martins but if there is a better sale else where I'm all ears.
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
    Where did you get your Vokey for $15? Do they have more? I'll be in London tommorrow for a tournament at FCN. I had plan to get down there early to go check out some sales at Bob Martins but if there is a better sale else where I'm all ears.
    They have lots of SM's. Just bring good trade ins like I did.

They have lots of SM's. Just bring good trade ins like I did.

Stopped in at Fore golfers only on Wednesday before my tournament at FCN. Wow alot of stuff but just not much I was interested in. A lot of used cheap stuff if your looking to put a cheap set of clubs together. I saw a ton of used irons just outside the door. I tried out a Vokey SM on the range. Nice store but I still prefer Bob Martins for the London area. Although I stopped in there after FGO and was surprised to see how emptied out they are. Looked like the season was over there as far as they were concerned. To be fair I will need to stop in at FGO when I have alot more time. I was a bit pressed for time. I wished I could have looked around more as I may have found some things I need.
    One thing to note, even though the Bob Martin driving range is nicer than FGO's, I was delighted that when I wanted to try out clubs at FGO they gave me a bucket of driving range balls free. A couple of weeks ago at BM's my wife was trying out a Callaway X 7 wood that she ended up buying. We had to purchase a bucket there. Kudo's to FGO for being a little more customer oriented there.
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
    Stopped in at Fore golfers only on Wednesday before my tournament at FCN. Wow alot of stuff but just not much I was interested in. A lot of used cheap stuff if your looking to put a cheap set of clubs together. I saw a ton of used irons just outside the door. I tried out a Vokey SM on the range. Nice store but I still prefer Bob Martins for the London area. Although I stopped in there after FGO and was surprised to see how emptied out they are. Looked like the season was over there as far as they were concerned. To be fair I will need to stop in at FGO when I have alot more time. I was a bit pressed for time. I wished I could have looked around more as I may have found some things I need.
    One thing to note, even though the Bob Martin driving range is nicer than FGO's, I was delighted that when I wanted to try out clubs at FGO they gave me a bucket of driving range balls free. A couple of weeks ago at BM's my wife was trying out a Callaway X 7 wood that she ended up buying. We had to purchase a bucket there. Kudo's to FGO for being a little more customer oriented there.
    The used irons outside are "SHED IRONS" Those are old sets of irons that were played years ago.

Apparently you missed every brand of OEM irons and drivers? That store has tons of new clubs in stock. Plus accessories.

The putter section is loaded with high end new putters, mid range and low end new putters. Along with many good used putters.

Clothing is a secondary item in that store, although there are some great deals on Ashworths, etc in stock.

The used section of the store has some high end used irons. Of course stock varies as it depends on what gets traded in. At times you can find many one or two year old high end OEM drivers in stock. At other times you might not find any as they get sold as quick as they get traded in.

There is a decent left handed section in the store, along with a ladies section.

Tons of golf bags in stock.

As far as shoes go, they sell FootJoys, Nike's etc but not the high end shoes. They feel the market in this area does not allow them to carry high priced shoes. After being in business for 21 years I tend to think they know their customers.

I have nothing against Martin's. But why drive to London when I can drive 5 minutes and shop at FGO? I have always been treated well there. Sure it is not the type of store that Golftown is. But it serves the purpose, selling golf equipment. They likely do far more trade ins than all the golf retailers in London combined.

As for the range, yes balls are free if you are trying clubs. You can also purchase balls and go hit off the grass end of the range.

They also have a launch monitor if you want to check swing speed, launch angle etc out. The nice thing about this is you are hitting balls outdoors on the launch monitor. Not only do you see the numbers off the launch monitor, you also see the ball flight.

FGO is also very generous when it comes to local charities. They donate prizes for many events in this area. They are a locally owned and operated business that has survived the arrival of the big box golf retailers.

I hope you have more time to spare the next time you visit FGO. I am sure once you look around in there you will find they are a complete golf retailer.

The used irons outside are "SHED IRONS" Those are old sets of irons that were played years ago.

Apparently you missed every brand of OEM irons and drivers? That store has tons of new clubs in stock. Plus accessories.

The putter section is loaded with high end new putters, mid range and low end new putters. Along with many good used putters.

Clothing is a secondary item in that store, although there are some great deals on Ashworths, etc in stock.

The used section of the store has some high end used irons. Of course stock varies as it depends on what gets traded in. At times you can find many one or two year old high end OEM drivers in stock. At other times you might not find any as they get sold as quick as they get traded in.

There is a decent left handed section in the store, along with a ladies section.

Tons of golf bags in stock.

As far as shoes go, they sell FootJoys, Nike's etc but not the high end shoes. They feel the market in this area does not allow them to carry high priced shoes. After being in business for 21 years I tend to think they know their customers.

I have nothing against Martin's. But why drive to London when I can drive 5 minutes and shop at FGO? I have always been treated well there. Sure it is not the type of store that Golftown is. But it serves the purpose, selling golf equipment. They likely do far more trade ins than all the golf retailers in London combined.

As for the range, yes balls are free if you are trying clubs. You can also purchase balls and go hit off the grass end of the range.

They also have a launch monitor if you want to check swing speed, launch angle etc out. The nice thing about this is you are hitting balls outdoors on the launch monitor. Not only do you see the numbers off the launch monitor, you also see the ball flight.

FGO is also very generous when it comes to local charities. They donate prizes for many events in this area. They are a locally owned and operated business that has survived the arrival of the big box golf retailers.

I hope you have more time to spare the next time you visit FGO. I am sure once you look around in there you will find they are a complete golf retailer.
    Yes I agree it was a bit overwhelming seeing the amount of stock squeezed in to such a small area and not having the time to explore through it all. I missed the ashworth stuff. I would have liked to see what they have. As I am down that way frequently I'll be stopping in more often. I have a trip planned for Windsor on the labour day weekend. I'll likely drop by then.
    Terry

Thread Information