100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Worst Round of the Season - So Far...

Well, with Dan posting his best round of the season, I thought I would post that I played the worst round of my season on Monday at the worst possible time.

I shot a nice smooth 95 from the blues at Predator on Monday to fall from second alone to eith place in my flight. Considering that I was tied for the lead after day 1 with an 81 on Predator, and only 3 shots back after shooting 86 on a tough Talon course (greens were slick), playing in the final group, the leader really didn't do anything on his way to shooting an 85, and I had a golden opportunity to catch him.

Except I couldn't get from tee to green at all. With penalties on 5, 7, 8, 14 and 18, it was really over by the time we hit the back nine. And it wasn't nerves, I have played enough events like this to realize the difference between nerves and being unable to hit the ball properly. I just played like crap.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm going to wait until the end of the season to post mine. That way I will probably have forgotten one of the stinkers I've had already and my "worst" round won't be that bad.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I like JV's thinking. But I think my worst round of the season was one of my first (before the swing comes back) and it was around 83-84 or so. I'd have to check.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Yup, just checked. It was an 83 at Vieux Moulins, my third round of the year way back in April. Odd considering I shot a 77 to start the season. First time I ever broke 80 my first round of the year.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I will add that we need to define "worst".

The 93 I shot at Bethpage is the worst score in my scoring record but given the conditions I think it was a pretty damn good score.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I will add that we need to define "worst".

The 93 I shot at Bethpage is the worst score in my scoring record but given the conditions I think it was a pretty damn good score.

I think we're just talking the biggest ugliest number regardless of conditions.

Nice try though.

Well if we bring actual numbers into this, then the 93 is probably going to stand.

You got to see my second worst round up close and personal at Rivermead.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Well if we bring actual numbers into this, then the 93 is probably going to stand.

You got to see my second worst round up close and personal at Rivermead.

Lucky me. Too bad on that round, you had a great back nine going.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    94 at Eagle Creek. Awful, Awful, Awful. This is about as bad and as ugly as I have played in a long time....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    OK, I changed the thread title to read Worst Round of the Season - So Far...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I fired up an 86-87 about a month ago at someplace relatively easy, I think it was Chateau Cartier. Just one of those days where nothing could go right.

There was also an 86 at Renfrew, but I figure that if you can't actually remember > 60% of the round, well you've probably got worse things to worry about than your score.

Quite the comparison to some of my better rounds of the year (71 @ Renfrew, 72 @ EL, 72 @ Lombard, 74 @ Outaouais)
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I fired up an 86-87 about a month ago at someplace relatively easy, I think it was Chateau Cartier. Just one of those days where nothing could go right.

There was also an 86 at Renfrew, but I figure that if you can't actually remember > 60% of the round, well you've probably got worse things to worry about than your score.

Quite the comparison to some of my better rounds of the year (71 @ Renfrew, 72 @ EL, 72 @ Lombard, 74 @ Outaouais)
    Ahem, this thread is about bad rounds, no need for comments like the bold one above. If you want to toot your own horn, go start your own thread.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    You're too lenient about my off-topic posts, don't warn me, just smite me down with the magical edit powers that you Mod-God's posses.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    My worst of the year was June 6th. The day I played with Nat, Dave and Gord at Haute Plaines. I started great. I think I was +1 after my second birdie on #7. The boys were all "Man this course really suits you! You should join..." Then I hit my Tee ball into the water on #8. Then the shanks began. End score 91. I have had a 95 this season, but it was in no way as ugly as my collapse on that day at HP. The shanks stayed with me for weeks. I shudder when I think of that nasty, nasty round after such a great start.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information