CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paintball

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

Paintball

Did something I've always wanted to try on Saturday: paintball at someplace near Bearbrook. Overall I had a great time, did pretty well against some seasoned players (even made it to the end of one game, and tagged a lot of enemies) & have some nasty welts to show for it.

I had tried the indoor one (tagball) in Quebec city about 10 years ago, but this was much better.

There is a lot of adreneline involved, and I think my extensive 1st person shooter video game experience really paid off.

Any other 'ballers out there?
    Andrew

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    When I lived in Ottawa, there was a group of 4 of us who had our own equipment and would go to Dave's field, Commando Games. We'd split up and join in a group, two per side and have a blast. It's a fun thing to get into, but like golf, if you want the good equipment, it gets expensive.

Gap Wedge shotpar is on a distinguished road shotpar's Avatar

paintball near bearbrook.

My son and his buddies were there saturday as part of a bachelor party.
    He said there was another group there as well for the same reason.

You may have played against them.

He had a blast.

I hear they got the bachelors pretty good.
    You can never golf too much. What was that dear? Oh okay. Maybe you can.

lol that was us. & it was at "Commando Dave's" field. I have a bruise the size of a baseball on my left buttock.

The groom was in the cabin after the 1st few games, took his shirt off & I said he looked like a leopard.

As far as being expensive, for $85 we got a whole day's gaming, 1000 paintballs, coveralls, mask & goggles plus 3 slice pizza lunch & drink. I think you can get a good gun, mask goggles & primo clothing (to help avoid the aforementionned leopard's spots) for quite a bit less that the cost to fill a nice bag with clubs.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    lol that was us. & it was at "Commando Dave's" field. I have a bruise the size of a baseball on my left buttock.

The groom was in the cabin after the 1st few games, took his shirt off & I said he looked like a leopard.

As far as being expensive, for $85 we got a whole day's gaming, 1000 paintballs, coveralls, mask & goggles plus 3 slice pizza lunch & drink. I think you can get a good gun, mask goggles & primo clothing (to help avoid the aforementionned leopard's spots) for quite a bit less that the cost to fill a nice bag with clubs.

I guess it depends on what you want. The gun I was looking at was $500, and that's half the price of a high end one. Then a good mask is a bit over $100, then your air tank, then harness to hold paintball pods...The sky is the limit when it comes to these things. You could spend a few thousand if you want top notch stuff. That's around the same dollar amount that my golf clubs that are currently in my bag are worth.

I find it similar to golf for costs. We had all our own stuff and still ended up spending $60-$80/day in paint. That's at 8 cents a ball which a lot of fields charge.

Just like my irons, and my 2nd hand bag boy express gx (I think I corrected it), my rented tippman 98 paintball gun had a little "draw" to it. But once I adjusted for it, it was actually an advantage. I "hooked" one around a blind at hit an enemy that I couldn't even see!
    It was a little expensive, but I got $30 extra paint & it was well worth it. I didn't want to show my enemies any mercy (or cheap skatery) when it came to dishing out the pain.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Just like my irons, and my 2nd hand bag boy express gx (I think I corrected it), my rented tippman 98 paintball gun had a little "draw" to it. But once I adjusted for it, it was actually an advantage. I "hooked" one around a blind at hit an enemy that I couldn't even see!
    It was a little expensive, but I got $30 extra paint & it was well worth it. I didn't want to show my enemies any mercy (or cheap skatery) when it came to dishing out the pain.
    Yeah for sure. It's really fun to do. I was thinking about getting back into it, that's why I mentioned the gun I was looking at. Once you get the new electronic technology, you sure run through paint pretty quick. These things shoot 11 balls/second minimum.

Thread Information