CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

A Different Type Of Scramble

OK I was not going to post this, but maybe this will help steer us away from picking on other guys club yardages

A friend of mine called me the other day and asked if I wanted to play in a scramble at his course. $15 for the cart and golf, I thought why not.

So the deal was this

Each 4 man team got a roll of string, approx. 25 feet of string. Each team got one die to roll.

The first 9 holes were the DICE TOSS SCRAMBLE. Each man hit his tee shot, then the leader rolled the die. (DICE) If your # was 2 and 2 came up we took your drive and so on for each member of the team. #'s 1 to 4. If 5 came up we could use any drive we wanted. If 6 came up we rolled again. Now only once in 9 holes did we have to take a drive which cost us a boogie. But this is where the String comes in handy! You could use the string to advance the ball, normally on the green. That advancement did not count. So if we missed a birdie putt and had a 4 inch putt for par we could use 4 inches of string, and have a net birdie! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

The second 9 holes was a straight scramble, each man had to have one tee shot only. Again the string came into play as long as you had some left on your original roll. We made it 16 holes before we ran out of string. Final score was -17, we parred two holes, had two net eagles and the rest were birdies.

Three closest to the Pins. I won one of those.

All in all it was a fun day, something different. The rolling of the dice is a crap shoot for sure. But it gets everyone involved and takes the stacked team out of play as they can not use the big hitters tee shots every hole (You know, the guy who hits it 300+ all day )

So there you have it.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    That is quite different. Sounds interesting. And -17, wow, that's low. Let me guess, that didn't win.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    That is quite different. Sounds interesting. And -17, wow, that's low. Let me guess, that didn't win.
    Another POPULAR WIN for the Golfbum!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information