CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Teeing Off Ahead of the Markers

Intersectional matches scenario - My opponent tees the ball ahead of the markers and hits his drive into a position that I feel is disadvantageous to him. He realizes his error and asks me, the next to play, if I want the shot replayed. I say, "No." I hit.

The third opponent to play then says, "I want you to replay the stroke," as does the fourth.

May the player have now two balls in play, the one for me and one for the other two opponents?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I know the following decision also includes 4 ball matches but I would conclude from this that as you have decided on one decision and the others have settled on another that two balls should be played. That's a good one!!!!!
    ---------------
    Decision 30-3/1
    Examples of Rulings in Four-Ball Match with Concurrent Singles Matches

When players are involved in concurrent matches, whenever possible the Rules are applied only to the match affected. When it is not possible to separate the matches, the four-ball match takes precedence.
    A and B are playing C and D in a four-ball match. There are also concurrent singles matches between A and C and between B and D. The following are examples of the application of the Rules in such a format:
    (1) A concedes a stroke, hole or the match to C but stipulates that the concession is solely for their singles match. The concession is not valid in the four-ball match.
    (2) A concedes a stroke, hole or the match to C and does not specify which match the concession is intended for. The concession applies to both the four-ball and the singles matches.
    (3) A concedes a stroke, hole or the match to D. The concession applies only to the four-ball match as A has no authority to make a concession in the B-D singles match.
    ---------------

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    30-2/1 Player Plays Out of Turn from Tee in Three-Ball Match; One Opponent Requests Replay and Other Does Not

Following are the rulings in a three-ball match if A, B and C are scheduled to play in that order from the tee, B inadvertently drives first and A and C disagree on whether B should be required to replay the stroke under Rule 10-1c:
    (a) If A wants B to replay the stroke but C does not, B must complete the hole with two balls. He must replay the stroke in his match with A, and continue with his original ball in his match with C.
    (b) If C wants B to replay the stroke but A does not, B must continue with his original ball in both matches. B did not play out of turn with respect to C. Accordingly, C has no right to require B to replay the stroke.
    If A, B and C are scheduled to play in that order from the tee, C inadvertently drives first and A and B disagree on whether C should be required to replay, C must complete the hole with two balls. He must replay his stroke in his match with the opponent who requires him to replay and continue with his original ball in his match with the other opponent.

Don't know how I missed that one. Good one AAA

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Let's have some fun.

Intersectional matches scenario - My opponent A, who is last to play, plays first (Ball 1) and tees the ball ahead of the markers and hits his drive. He realizes his error and asks, “Does anyone want me to replay the stroke?" I say “No,” and C and D say “Yes,” A hits his second ball (Ball 2).

In the fairway, both of A’s balls are ahead of C, D and me. Since A arrived at his balls first, he hits both of them while we are determining the yardage. Realizing he should have waited, he says, “Does anyone want me to replay the stroke?" I say, “No,” to Ball 1, C says “Yes,” to Ball 2 and D says “No,” to ball 2. A hits Ball 3 for C.

On the putting green, A’s balls, 1,2 and 3, are all close to the hole. While C and D and I are getting sandwiches from the cart girl, A putts all balls and holes them. He realizes his error and asks, “Does anyone want me to replay the stroke?" I say, “No,” to Ball 1, C says, “No,” to Ball 3 but D says “Yes.” To ball 2. A plays Ball 4 and holes it for 3. C, D and I two putt for pars and A wins all three holes.

Is it possible for one player to have had 4 different balls in play on the same hole?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    My brian hurts!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar

My head hurts.... I may never hit within 3 foot of the markers again, just so nothing like that story ever happens to me..... heck....I have trouble keeping track of one balls score

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Let's have some fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post

Intersectional matches scenario - My opponent A, who is last to play, plays first (Ball 1) and tees the ball ahead of the markers and hits his drive. He realizes his error and asks, “Does anyone want me to replay the stroke?" I say “No,” and C and D say “Yes,” A hits his second ball (Ball 2).
    In the fairway, both of A’s balls are ahead of C, D and me. Since A arrived at his balls first, he hits both of them while we are determining the yardage. Realizing he should have waited, he says, “Does anyone want me to replay the stroke?" I say, “No,” to Ball 1, C says “Yes,” to Ball 2 and D says “No,” to ball 2. A hits Ball 3 for C.
    On the putting green, A’s balls, 1,2 and 3, are all close to the hole. While C and D and I are getting sandwiches from the cart girl, A putts all balls and holes them. He realizes his error and asks, “Does anyone want me to replay the stroke?" I say, “No,” to Ball 1, C says, “No,” to Ball 3 but D says “Yes.” To ball 2. A plays Ball 4 and holes it for 3. C, D and I two putt for pars and A wins all three holes.
    Is it possible for one player to have had 4 different balls in play on the same hole?

I'd be doing some talking to the guy and letting him know the right order in match play although you would think he could have figured it out all ready. I'd say he's getting lots of practice as he would have all four in play. If he keeps it up I'd push to have him dq'd for constantly abusing the rules.

Thread Information