100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge rbastien is on a distinguished road

Draw for distance !

I was discussing an issue with a guy that participates in long drives competitions, I asked him if he had just ONE simple advice to give to anyone trying to get more distance... What he suggested was to learn to draw the ball...you cannot expect any serious distance with any club if you are not a good ball stricker.

Not only does this guy hit it a mille but also draws or fades at will, he has absolutely no problem hitting a 6 iron 200 yards.

I don't know if that makes any sense to any of you but his divots are all aiming to the right and the ball starts right (obviously) and draws toward the target on the left.

To get more distance you must learn to draw the ball.....HUMMMMMM !!!

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Thumbs up Drawing the ball !

All good long drivers are capable of drawing the ball. It does produce the longest yardage. When a strong draw lands it is more then likely to have positive roll so a long ball hitter can gain 30+ yards if it releases correct. I went to the Clash of the Titains long drive event in Montreal last weekend and the longest guys were hitting 30 yards more with a strong draw. Mind you keeping it in the grid was a challenge since the grid was kicking everthing thrown at it to the right, O.B.. They were also fighting a strong left to right wind. For the right hander the strong draw allowed them to at least have a chance to end up in the grid and catching the hard down slope on the right side. A power fade for the right hander was long but 30 yards to the right out of bounds.

The event will be shown on TSN (english) RDN (french). I have not heard of the times but will keep you posted.

Stever

Thread Information