CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood Riddler is on a distinguished road Riddler's Avatar

Ottawa Hunt and Golf

Might have the opportunity to play here, what can I expect in terms of green fees, dress code, course conditions, practice facility etc.

What are your overal impressions of the course/ club?
    Rob

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    I never played the course but here is their website https://www.ottawahuntclub.org/

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Make sure you have pleats and only 4 pockets!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Not this again...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    Played it about four weeks ago. North-South.

It's private - Dress appropriately. No logos unless it is golf-related.

Range is a little ordinary. They have a chipping areas and practice green. Also an area for 60 yards and in fairway with a bunker onto a green on the other side of the clubhouse next to North one (I think).

Very nice course - great shape always. Greens roll perfectly. Definitely a couple of fun ones where it breaks the opposite of what you read...

I don't think you can go wrong really. Enjoy the round. Beautiful course.

9 Iron r2g2 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Greens are hard and fast

I played there last month. The greens were hard and fast. Seemed like the rough was everywhere my ball landed and it was thick.

Also, no "cargo' style shorts or the member you're playing with may get ratted out by another member.

Rob
    [COLOR=Blue]Rob [/COLOR]

4 Iron DewDuster is on a distinguished road
    I think guest fees are $88 plus tax this year. Not sure your situation, maybe your member is picking it up. Other than things in the pro shop, you won't be paying for anything else as food and beverages can only go on to an account. My friends love coming out there for that very reason

I've hardly been out this year, but from my recent round the course is in nice shape, greens are fast. Range is included, depending on the day could be off the mats or grass. Practice pitching area with bunker is off the North 9, putting and chipping green right by the pro-shop.

Depending when you are going, the newly renovated locker room and restaurant may be open by then.

Not to re-surface the dress code can of worms, but as mentioned already only non-obvious ones are no cargo shorts and golf related logos only (Molson hat bad, Callaway good). Just dress like a golfer and you'll be fine. It's basically the same dress code as any other private traditional club, the Hunt now allows mock-tees and you don't have to wear high socks (ankles are fine, calf lengths are for the gym) so it does adapt as trends change.

Hope you have a good day out there. I played with Lance and Robin out there last year and had a very enjoyable time with them. The boys played well for never having seen the course - trying to make it an annual outing with them. Maybe we'll see you out there.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Might have the opportunity to play here, what can I expect in terms of green fees, dress code, course conditions, practice facility etc.

What are your overal impressions of the course/ club?
    Lucky guy! I would love to play that course.... never played it or the Royal Ottawa... What ever you do, just enjoy the round bud.....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I wonder if we can advertise for invitations here? My ball collection needs some class
    Last edited by big mac; 07-13-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: forgot punch line
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I wonder if we can advertise for invitations here?
    I believe hat is what I did
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    this course is nothing to get excited about. If the fee is $88 or whatever, take your money and play Eagle Creek, Stonebridge, Loch march. All better, much better.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I was lucky to play the Hunt a few days after the Tunis. It was my first time there, so I played Blue Tees. I only hit driver on the 3 Par 5's and 3 of the par 4's. I am not a long hitter, but 230-240 of the tee is plenty on a lot of holes. The greens were super fast that day, faster than they normally are, due to the Tunis. Each green has either massive slopes many tiers, so you really have to be careful when hitting approach shots or chipping.

It is in immaculate shape. The tee boxes and greens are perfect. The fairways are so easy to hit off, and yes, the rough can be very thick...

BUT

This is not a super difficult golf course compared to others in the city. Because of its conditions, playing from the fairway makes it easier than other courses, putting is easier because of the true roll of the ball and let's be honest, they have cleared away a lot of low-hanging branches to make it easy finding a ball in the rough...

It was a pleasure to play those conditions but it is not the challenge I would look for when paying that kind of money.

7 Wood Riddler is on a distinguished road Riddler's Avatar
    Well My game is set for Saturday I do believe. Any suggestions on course/ hole strategy for a first timer? Can't find much about the layout online anywhere.
    Rob

Putter Fletcher is on a distinguished road
    The greens were just aereated this week. Hopefully they will be in ok shape on Saturday!! Make sure you play the correct tees. The course is quite difficult from the back tees but can get fairly easy as you move up tees.

The new locker room is 90% complete. The only area that is not ready is the lounge/grill room area

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    are they still using the tent?

Putter Fletcher is on a distinguished road
    No the tent is finally gone!!!! the mens and ladies card rooms are open as is the new halfway house. For dinner the terrace is open as well as part of the upstair dining area.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm just waiting patiently for my invite.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    great, will have to try and get back again this year then. was quite lousy wiht that "hospitality tent" they had before. but they had to do sometign to spruce it up, specially with the canadian open "ladies" coming

The locker room is almost done, but may not be open on the weekend. They have had it open for a couple of events and had access to it last weekend, but I heard they are closing access to finish up the last bit.

Hopefully locker room will be open and you can pop in, it's really nice from what I saw last week.

Hope the greens are ok for you after the aeration this week. Enjoy your round.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DewDuster View Post
    Just dress like a golfer and you'll be fine. .
    You have to dress like this golfer !! You will gain the respect of all on this forum............and certainly make a statement!! Have fun !!

"So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Baxter
    Classy.....

And I believe that would ahere to the dress code as well as the unwritten rule of no white shoes after Labour Day.

Thread Information