CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ball blues

4 Iron ShaneOttawa is on a distinguished road

Ball blues

Ok, I've run out of the now-discontinued Smart Core straight distance balls, and have tried and rejected the distance version of the Titleist NXT - I've found it releases waaaayyyy too much on the green.

So...what are your recommendations for a ball under $40 per dozen that gives reasonable stopping ability on the green?

Thanks in advance...

Lob Wedge sammy_dawson is on a distinguished road
    Shane,

Im not sure if it is the smart core balls you want, but play it again sports in barhaven had about 8 dozen new boxes... it might be worth checking out.

Sammy D.

--- GET IN THE HOLE ---

Thanks...I'd rather get smart cores than break in a new ball right now.

Lob Wedge sammy_dawson is on a distinguished road
    No problem. I don't think I was to clear about my last reply. Play it again sports has around 16 dozen boxes of smart core golf balls but i do not know if they are straight distance. Sorry about that

Sammy D.

Par CBrown is on a distinguished road
    The Walmart store in Kanata still has some Smart Core Professional Distance balls on the shelf for about $25.00 a box (not sure if these sell in boxes of 12 or 15). I didn't see any of the straight distance balls. I also saw some Strata Professional Distance balls at the Loblaws in Bells Corners for $25.00 a dozen ... I believe that Strata has discontinued these balls as well. If you find the Straight Distance balls at a good price, please post the location ... they're great balls and I'd also like to get some while I still can.

Originally posted by CBrown
    The Walmart store in Kanata still has some Smart Core Professional Distance balls on the shelf for about $25.00 a box (not sure if these sell in boxes of 12 or 15). I didn't see any of the straight distance balls. I also saw some Strata Professional Distance balls at the Loblaws in Bells Corners for $25.00 a dozen ... I believe that Strata has discontinued these balls as well. If you find the Straight Distance balls at a good price, please post the location ... they're great balls and I'd also like to get some while I still can.
    Will do...the Strata Professional Distance balls were my backup ball to the Smart Core SD's before the Stratas were discontinued. *Sigh*.

In a few days I'm off to Tremblant/Montebello for a week so will load up on balls somewhere this weekend and let you know what I've found.

8 Iron RobC is on a distinguished road
    See www.knetgolf.com (Mississauga company) as they have the balls you want for $12 - $16 per dozen. I buy my Titleist NXT Tours from this site and the mint condition balls are near perfect. I've never bought Grade A. At $16 per dozen, you could have 3 dozen shipped to your house for around $60 or $70.

The NXT Tour stops much better than the NXT (which is the NXT Distance renamed for this year). You can get the Tour for $37 to $40 per dozen. I also have tried the DT Solo and they're a pretty decent ball too, for only $30 new per dozen.
    "Successful people appear to have blinders on. They go forward...know exactly what they're going to do...and by God they don't look sideways." - Jack Nicklaus

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Thumbs up Diamond in (or out) of the rough

Try the Dunlop 65u. $30/dozen at Chuck Brown's in Bell's Corners. They've got a wierd dimple pattern called "moebius". They go like stink, and I can make them dance with the short irons (held really nice on the greens at Stonebridge).

Check it out at http://www.65u.com/

Thread Information