100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Red face whon done it? Wadn't me

Could it be Jeff Johnson

Thousands of golf balls stolen from driving range in odd theft

BONNER SPRINGS, Kan. (AP) Ñ Nearly 4,800 fluorescent yellow golf balls are missing from a suburban Kansas City golf course after someone raided the facilityÕs driving range.
    Sunflower Hills Golf Course head professional Jeff Johnson said it would have taken someone hours Sunday night to pick the balls up from the range, where they were scattered after being hit earlier in the night.
    And he has no idea whether the theft was an expensive prank Ñ with an estimated loss of $2,700, the crime is considered a felony Ñ or if the culprits intend to try to sell the balls, with their big stripe and about half with Dr. Pepper logos on them.
    "That or they are some really bad golfers who need some range balls to practice with Ñ a lot to practice with,Ó Johnson said.
    He discovered the theft Monday morning when he went to set up the driving range and noticed that there were no balls in the landing area.
    It appeared that someone had driven a vehicle onto the range. The balls, Johnson said, would have filled a pickup truckÕs bed.
    "It by far is not the weirdest thing I have seen,Ó said Bonner Springs Police Detective Jay Oliver. "It is definitely offbeat. It is not a common occurrence.Ó
    ÑÑÑ
    Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Someone must be starting up a new driving range I pick balls at the range once in awhile during my shift at the course. With the picker, and sometimes by hand on the chipping green. Whoever did this had more than two hands picking I can tell you that much!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I know it was not my wife---her's are from somewhere else!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information