CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge ToucanSam is on a distinguished road

Memberships Cons

Hey y'all - As I posted here earlier (but my post was shunted off to neverneverland) I'm new to town and have pretty much made up my mind about buying a Clublink membership. Problem is, I don't see any reason not to do it. The price is good (O play around 75-100 rounds a year), the courses seem to be among the top in town and the closeness of the Montreal courses is appealing.

This being said, it just seems too good to be true. I need to know if there are any cons to buying this membership. Greyhawk is going to be my choice of home clubs as a result of proximity and the fact that it probably has the best practice facilities in town (according to people I have talked with).

Can anyone "enlighten" me to the inevitable cons of buying this membership?

bbad
    speaking as a CL member,the only CON to being a member is that the members themselves really have NO say in CL operation (i.e. there is no constitution); hence some of the decisions that get taken will drive you batty, make no sense and might make you have yet another $8 beer. I'm sure some of the others will sound off against this, but this is my 2 cents.

I for one have not once regretted my decision to join and if you happen to join, feel free to PM me and we can maybe get out and play a round or two.

I guess this might be a bit premature, but welcome to the darkside.

JB

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    ToucanSam,

Not being an equity membership has its ups and downs, one of which we don't have any real say in future home club developments. That being said, customer service is usually tremendous, the men's night at Greyhawk is very well attended, and I also do not regret my membership purchase there.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I dont play as much (50 games avg) but I am too considering buying a CL membership but so far what is holding this is the initiation cost and the fact the you can not easily transfer or sell it (I know that there are ways) The fact that you have no say or own anything is also making noise.

Once they get SB, I wont be able to resist...

I know a few CL members and they are happy with the arrangements... I played at GH and KL (I have not played at HP but I'm waiting to hear back from last year invites, I'm in the waiting list)...

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    if you play that much golf then its a no brainer. Who cares if you don't have an equity stake? Do you really want to be making decisions anyway? I think most of want to golf. Plus, we all know what happens when members get an equity stake, next thing you know they will be telling you what color clothes to wear, having two seperate parking lots for the nice cars and not so nice, etc. etc.

Thread Information