100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge GOLFEROLIC is on a distinguished road

Info Over Loaded

Hi guys, glad i've found this site, very injoy it...
    I'm few days old in this room and already lost five hundreds and haft bucks for a TM R7 TP sets. ( love it though)

I Started to play golf last Oct, and already this is my FIFTH yes you heard it right 5 golf sets already, ( five in 6 months)
    In my bag (TM R7 driver, R7 3,5 woods, #3 rescue dual, R7 tp irons, Brigestone J33 wedges, SC Newport 2, still haven break 100 yet. so it's surely not my tools but me.

I practice everyday, internet, magazines, golf chanel, tips from others golfers. my head is about to be exploded with info, now i'm at the point that the tips seems to be anoying, and still see my game going nowhere. i've met the pro at the driving range, he like me because of my athletic ability, and hard working guy, gave me a free tips for the swings, losing up etc ... ( I was tight) i base on it work from it, now 've got the swing very lose very descent, happy with it, i took lession with him last week, things totaly diferent, like I start from scrach again, new grips easy swings ball on T ect...

I go back and fore with his swing and mine, distance are same but i fell more comfortable swing my style.

Here's my question, should I start from scratch again or should i go on with what i have?

I'm getting tired of people who said i'm killing the ball, perharps it looks so but I know i'm not, i always use about 85% of my energy when i swing, the only time i use the full power is when i go for green and most cases i'd screw up.

OK now my drive, EVERYBODY say i'm reach so much, but my drive very straigh, if i don't reach i'd hook the ball for sure, i've been trying not to reach many times just doesn't work for me, and ofcourse it's not consistance, if i hit it right it'll go for more less 300 yards no problems,

I'd love to see some pro who work with what i have instead of turning me into him, the question always in my mind, do i start from scatch again or go on with what i have, i love to hear from your expreience with golf.

I'm in the mid 30th still have lots of gas in the tank play so many sports my whole life but golf is the PITTSiest OFF sport i've ever play.

good day everyone
    Johnson

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    yo dude....start with what mother nature gave you and build on with pro advised help. Trash the mags and golf tips and golf indigest please...NOW.

stay focused on what you want to happen with your pro...be patient..i said be patient....dig it out of the dirt. even if you REACH for the dirt...lol

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Hi Johnson,

The pros “usually” know best. He sees what you are doing wrong. A magazine or Internet tip is for players in general. Not necessarily for you. I’m a Golf Digest subscriber and I don’t even read the tips.

Get yourself a good pro and work with him exclusively. The trick is to practice his drills and don’t hesitate to ask him question so that you understand what you’re practicing. Eventually you won’t need him as much thus be your own coach.

My 2 cents.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Thread Information