100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metcalfe

7 Wood Riddler is on a distinguished road Riddler's Avatar

Metcalfe

Got a game Monday... anyone play there lately? What are the conditions like?
    Rob

6 Iron billbob is on a distinguished road

Metcalfe

I played Metcalfe yesterday when they had a "wear red for Canada 2 for 1 deal" going on in the afternoon. I was very glad that I only paid $21 for my 18 hole round. 4 or 5 greens have large dead patches on them. I will not be playing that course for the rest of this year at least.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 07-02-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by billbob View Post
    I played Metcalfe yesterday when they had a "wear red for Canada 2 for 1 deal" going on in the afternoon. I was very glad that I only paid $21 for my 18 hole round. 4 or 5 greens have large dead patches on them. I will not be playing that course for the rest of this year at least.
    Not promising to hear considering we have Intersectionals there in two weeks.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

8 Iron lovethatping is on a distinguished road
    i agree with billbob, i played there yesterday and some greens were terrible with large dead patches (par 3 5th was the worst offender, i thought it was a sand trap from the tee box!) others were shaggy and others were fine. very inconsistent.

7 Wood Fade is on a distinguished road Fade's Avatar
    agree with the comments above, considering it's the middle of summer, the condition of the course should be much much better. perhaps it's a newer course and it needs time to mature. otherwise, not sure what other excuse they would have

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I have to agree with all the above posted comments. Not sure what's wrong, but some of the greens at Metcalfe are hurting indeed. I'm no greenskeeper, but I know the greens at Edgewood (which are notorious for being brown, hard and burnt late in season) are in very good shape right now considering how bad they were at the beginning of the year. Not sure what would cause the greens at Metcalfe to not rebound back to decent shape. Needless to say, Intersectionals there tomorrow will be trying to say the least with the different characteristics from green to green.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I Don't know guys----just got back from Metcalfe--yep one green is in bad shape but is playable--as far as the others I didn't find any serious problems--# 18 is like cement but its OK. This is the same type of comments that came up about Casselview 2 monthes ago and as far as I am concerned they got a bad rap---sure they had green problems but they sure fixed them in a hell of a hurry and did a great job too. Don't forget Metcalfe greens are old and for only one to be on the critical list your being too pickey. First time I played the new nine and really enjoyed the course---and will definitly go back
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    Metcalf has always been a hard ground course in past years. I haven't played it this year. I can say to their defence the few times I did play the course it was in the fall. Hard to keep a popular course in top shape at end of season.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

2 Iron up&down is on a distinguished road
    yes, # 5 is awful..take your 2 putts and run
    the new greens are faster than the others! if you have decent feel, you'll adapt no problem

Thread Information