CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kanata lakes

Sand Wedge lichty is on a distinguished road

kanata lakes

i'm playing there on tuesday in a memorial tourny and was hoping ppl could give me a heads up on conditions, how the greens role (fast/slow what course are they like) and any other tid bits...have to beat my dad for once... lol
    My slice is more like a U turn

7 Wood Fade is on a distinguished road Fade's Avatar
    bring your 60 degree wedge, most holes are uphill and if you miss the green at all you have a steep uphill pitch. on some holes, if you miss the green, you might not even have a view of the flag. you are practically in people's backyards and they will be watching you from their living rooms, so be prepared to put on a show. depending on your handycap it's tough to play an entire round there without eating some doubles or triples as mis-fired shots will be punished

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    if you short side yourself you are dead.

greens are fast, rough is thick, don't expect to stop too many greenside pitches on a dime.

Kanata is a good test for any golfer ... esp. the back nine from the back tees.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams View Post

greens are fast, rough is thick, don't expect to stop too many greenside pitches on a dime.

I'm going to have to get back out there and play it again. I played it a few years ago and was not impressed at all. But that was during that really hot and dry summer where all courses suffered through less than ideal playing conditions.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    if you ever have a weekend open, LMK Geoff and we can head out ... twilight rates are pretty good
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

haven't played it for about a year, but overall it's a pretty nice course. most will feel an added level of pressure if you are trying to hit a long ball as your misses might end up in someone's backyard. for example, hole #2 i remember being quite narrow for the first half of the hole. but considering it's in the middle of a city, nice course. holes like #9 make the course lots of fun (corridor of trees on the tee shot, big body of water on your approach w/ tall condos in the background)

bbad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams View Post

I know that most people say that the back 9 is harder than the front but I continually score 3-4 strokes better on the back then the front. Maybe it's the swing oil kicking in.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    Bring a real estate agent! You'll go through about 4 little communities and the walks between tees are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by dasnutz View Post
    Bring a real estate agent! You'll go through about 4 little communities and the walks between tees are insane.
    what are you talking about, the next hole is always ONLY a street or two away

seriously, you really get to see a lot of kanata real estate as you trek through the neighbourhood between holes ... look out for the oncoming traffic!!!

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade View Post
    what are you talking about, the next hole is always ONLY a street or two away

seriously, you really get to see a lot of kanata real estate as you trek through the neighbourhood between holes ... look out for the oncoming traffic!!!

The walk between holes isn't that bad... seriously there are many many courses that have worse setups. All the homes around the course however do take away from some of the appeal.

No doubt, the course is not an easy track. LOL, just keep it staight and you'll be fine.

Thread Information