100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lawn Irrigation

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar

Lawn Irrigation

I have been thinking about having a lawn sprinkler system installed as the front lawn gets exposed to direct sunlight all day. Has anyone had this done and can recommend someone? What is the cost?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I don't have one yet , but i friend of mine has a company in Montreal that installs irrigation systems and advised me to install it myself as it is apparently quite easy (coming from a pro of course)and it can be expensive to have it done professionally
    anywhere from 5K-15K according to him.
    It looks like i've lost my lawn to a combination of white grubs and lack of irrigation So next year i'll be installing the same thing when i lay down my new lawn.
    Just make sure the work is guaranteed , as my friend does get some maintenance call outs every now and again.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road
    I have installed these at the two houses I have owned, the results are great with a minimum of hassle. The last install was 6 years ago and for a lot size of just under an acre, we spent under $5K. At that time the average install price was $3k for an average city lot. It also depends on the number of zones you need which drives up the price due to a larger controller. I have used Mike Renaud of A1 Irrigations and continue to use him for open and close each year. To get the best price, bring in 2-3 companies, let them know that it is a competitive bid and see what happens.

The best part is sitting back with a pint watching everyone struggle with a hose all weekend trying to keep the gardens/grass growing, cheers

Thread Information