100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Par gwil is on a distinguished road

and it only took 14 years...

Not the long awaited ace....

Finally shot even par 70 at Sandpoint. Had it to -1 through 16 but that #17 is a tough one. Not the big challenge is to card those red numbers, hopefully not another 14 years.

Cheers,
    Gerry

Sand Wedge couch26 is on a distinguished road

WOW

Way to go. I'm still trying to break 80.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar

Good for you! How is the course at sandpoint anyway? Played there once a few years back and it was great. Would like to go back again this year.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Thumbs up Congrats gwil

Congradulations gwil on a round well played.

Gotta love that feeling afterwards. I did it last year in october shot par at Manderley. Now let's see if we can break par!!

Thanks all...

The course at Sandpoint is in fantastic shape - I am a member there. This rain today should help soften things up a bit.

Have a great golf weekend!

8 Iron RobC is on a distinguished road
    Any of you guys remember what the main thoughts were to save those last few strokes - is it avoid trouble or what?
    "Successful people appear to have blinders on. They go forward...know exactly what they're going to do...and by God they don't look sideways." - Jack Nicklaus

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Red face smart golf

Play smart golf and dont think about the score.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

I'm glad I didn't pay money to ask my question...

Seriously, congratulations to the starter of this thread for achieving a goal.
    "Successful people appear to have blinders on. They go forward...know exactly what they're going to do...and by God they don't look sideways." - Jack Nicklaus

I had been in the same position a number of times and found that trying to play safe or change my approach resulted in bogies. My thought pattern was to stay agressive and continue with what I was doing...it is key to stay in control and not think about it too much.

Cheers,
    Gerry

Steve's advice was actually good, and so is yours.

Thanks.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    It (only!!!) took me 12 years to play par on a course. Happened last year at Predator.... Haven't broke par yet on 18 (twice on 9)...
    I just hope it won't take me 12 years to repeat it...

Congrats on your par round and keep 'em comin'

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road

The breakthrough!

CONGRAT!

I shot even par for the first time last year at Eagle Creek during a tournament. We played from the white though. It took me 5 years. I was -1 standing in the middle of the fairway on the 18th 198 yards to the pin for my second shot. I pulled out my 5W and wanted to go for it...but i felt my blood pressure changed as i was taking a practice swing! My buddy said "lay up" and i did in the bunker on the left! Took me to shots to get out and two putts later i had my even par for the first time( i knew i had won the tournament no matter what i shot on 18).
    Two weeks ago I shot my 2nd even par at Cloverdale. Play there for the first time(this time from the blue), I had to birdie the 18th to shoot -2 in the back to make up for +2 in the front.
    My goal this year is to break par. I will let this forum know when i do.

Enjoy the game!

Thom

Curious George
    Wow, great stories.

Breaking Par!!!

IT HAPPENED!(after 5 1/2 yrs)

I told this forum that i would let you know when i broke par.....Well I DID yesterday July31/03. At my course Les Vieux Moulins. I shot 71(par 72) from the blue(6511 yrds). I was playing the 3rd round of our Match Play Championship. I didn't win the match because we both shot 71. We decided to replay onather 18 next week. It's was the best matchplay I ever had. I 3 putted twice and had one double(not the 3-putt holes), 5 birdies and 2 bogies! It was the best round of my life! (so far!). Coming to 18th (par 5, 471 yrds) i was one up (after we both birdied 16th & 17th). There is a pond on the left at around 230 from the tee. He hit his drive to about the 200-yrds mark. I decided to lay up in front of the pond with my 5 wood. I figured i could get on in two with 5w & 5w. I didn't need birdie he did. I hit my 2nd to the right about 40 yrds and he put his on the green but about 60-70 feet away. I had to go over the bunker to the back right pin, not much room to work with. I landed too far and it rolled off the far side. He was away and putted his eagle about 10 ft. short. I told myself to just get it up and down for par and forced him to make the putt. Well he did. and we tied. The only drawback in this score is that we play "12 "preferred lied" anywhere in your hole. That is the local rule for all club tournaments. This morning I went out and played a casual round with my friend and shot even par 72!, two birdies and two bogies. My new set of clubs seems to work for me.....

TP.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Congratulations Thom! Awesome round, and a cool finish.
    :multi

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Atta boy Thom!!!

I guess all I needed to do was be surprised that you had not done it yet....only 4 days since we talked about it!!

Way to go!

I think you owe us some strokes now...

GarthM

Thanks Dan and Garth...

Garth...I will consider giving you some strokes when you come to my course, just because the greens there are quite tricky. The way you putt in the last two rounds scares me. But i will get you back at my course...

TP.

Thread Information