100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loch March

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road

Loch March

Wow,

Was very pleased with Loch March yesterday. For $65 primetime, what a deal. The course is in PERFECT condition. Not to mention the patio is fantastic for some beers afterwards aswell. It's too bad they aren't hosting the Ottawa Citizen again this year. Anyways, if you want to play a great track in fantastic condition at a very reasonable rate, play Loch March.
    THUNDER

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    LM is in good shape, but for some reason, it just doesn't fit my golfing eye. The holes are ok aesthetically, but I just can't seem to score there. The greens are kinda non-descript until 16 and 17. Then the 18th is a forced afterthought. The original 18th hole as a great finishing hole. This one leaves me wanting more.

Perhaps I don't score well there because it is deceptively tough. Difficult to reach any of the par fives in two (from the back). Never much roll on the fairways. First hole is my nemesis, as are, and seven come to think of it.

LM has a lot going for it, but for some reason it's never at the top of my list when I think of where I should play.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Its one of my favorites , but again , i never score that well there , but that goes for most golf courses
    I can't wait to get out there again soon.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    LM remains one of my favourites. I picked up the six-pack of green fees this year which takes it to ~$55 a round. I especially like the changes they have made to #3 and #5.

And now for the bad.

I just came back from playing what has to be my worst round of the season. I sucked so fiercely it was funny. Didn't make a par until 15. Granted, after about the 6th hole I was in "play for fun mode".
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I like what they did to #5 too... what did they do to #3? New tee was what I noticed... anything else on that hole?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Just the new/reconstructed tee on #3. I'm pretty sure it moved the back tees back by a few yards but it's a lot bigger which gives them more room to move the blocks around.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    4 very tough par-3's (2 of them have zero room to miss short), probably the toughest opening hole in the city, #10 has trouble on 3 sides in the landing area, the par-5's have the smallest/narrowest greens on the course, #12 is a killer par-4, only #1 and #9 can be considered straight par-4's (all the rest force you to bend your tee shot, or cut a corner in order to get a shorter club in to the green), and the list goes on...

I love LM because it's always in great condition, and it forces you to think your way around.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information