100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    I was at a private swimming pool the other day and I could not believe they threw me out for trying to swim in the nude. I mean, I guess it is their rules but at the public lake I generally frequent no one has a problem with it

I think this post pretty much sums up the general vibe of this thread.

Good one!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Try going to a nudist colony with a tank top on or heaven forbid a moose knuckle suporter (see Indio about that one ) anyway you look at it rules are rules and you have to abide with them or go somewhere else. It really is like that anywhere, it's just that the bar may be higher or lower but there's always a bar, I'm sure that will make Hoolio happy

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    I would rather someone politely tell me than let me walk around looking like a slob all day... or make the same mistake another time.
    what is so slobby about cargo pants or shorts? I certainly didn't look like a slob. In fact, last night i was paging through a golf magazine and there are advertisements for guess what? cargo pants. wow, amazing pictures of guys in cargo pants on the golf course. wow, that is real slobby!

Come on guys, cargo pants are not slobby? Am i considered trash for wearing whats in fashion?

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    oh brother... this is getting redic... lol

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Try going to a nudist colony with a tank top on or heaven forbid a moose knuckle suporter (see Indio about that one ) anyway you look at it rules are rules and you have to abide with them or go somewhere else. It really is like that anywhere, it's just that the bar may be higher or lower but there's always a bar, I'm sure that will make Hoolio happy

Yes obviously you are correct. I couldn't have cared less in the end, Its just amazing that there are such narrow minded attitudes out there and from the look of things, this Web board is full of close minded people. Golf is dying for new blood, its ridiculous "rules" that scare some away I'm sure.

Another funny story - I'm a member of clublink and brought my wife to play. She was wearing a colarless tee shirt, they sent her home! What's crazy is that they sell the exact same shirts in their pro shop.

My post wasn't a rant about the CLUB i played at in question, it was about the ridiculous rules that are out there. maybe I should have been clearer, my member friend and I were laughing about it long after the 19th hole!

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hello_world View Post
    what is so slobby about cargo pants or shorts? I certainly didn't look like a slob. In fact, last night i was paging through a golf magazine and there are advertisements for guess what? cargo pants. wow, amazing pictures of guys in cargo pants on the golf course. wow, that is real slobby!

Come on guys, cargo pants are not slobby? Am i considered trash for wearing whats in fashion?
    Well, show us what your cargo shorts look like and we can decide.

If they were like this...
    http://shop.callawaygolf.com/Apparel...ex_Shorts.html

Then you may have an argument. These would not really stand out as cargo shorts and would likely pass anywhere.

If they were like this...
    or this.

Then come on... you should have known better.

If someone I invited embarrassed me like that and forced the head pro to have a talk with me. There is little chance that I would be inviting them back to the course.

Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    If someone I invited embarrassed me like that and forced the head pro to have a talk with me. There is little chance that I would be inviting them back to the course.
    don't worry because I would never golf with somebody who has an attitude like yours.

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    narrow minded attitudes out there and from the look of things, this Web board is full of close minded people.
    narrow minded...??? simple rules that have been in place and most people have no problem following... vs... I must play in my cargo shorts.

Golf is dying for new blood, its ridiculous "rules" that scare some away I'm sure.
    BS... there are more people getting into the game than ever before. Anyone not playing because they have to wear bermuda shorts and a collared shirt are not a big loss. There are plenty of members who like the atmosphere at the clubhouse. You start having a bunch of happy gilmores out there in t-shirts and jeans and those folks won't be paying their 30k memberships.

Another funny story - I'm a member of clublink and brought my wife to play. She was wearing a colarless tee shirt, they sent her home! What's crazy is that they sell the exact same shirts in their pro shop.
    I bet there was a tag on that shirt that said it was not appropriate golf wear. They sell underwear in the proshop too... doesn't mean you can wear them as shorts. Or wear the undershirts as a golf shirt.

There are plenty of courses where you can wear cargo shorts and your wife can wear a t-shirt... you sound like you would be happier there so stay off the private courses.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    OK, I think this has run its course.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information