I won't mention which club it was, but it was private and no, its not clublink.

Arrived to play, as a guest of a new member. He was not aware of protocols because of his new membership.

Proceed to enter proshop, cross paths with woman in front of me who obviously opened the door just enough for her to slip through, leaving the door slammed in my face. Shrug it off as the way it is in Ottawa.

Tell the proshop I have arrived and want to pay my greenfee. response: you can't. I explain that there is a misunderstanding, i am not simply walking on trying to get out, I am a guest and want to pay my green fee. reponse: you can't, no explanation. Finally, the offer "we need Mr. X permission" (mr x is my friend, the new member) to allow YOU to pay YOUR green fees. Sheesh!

Ok, move onto range, when all of a sudden the ball boy comes over to my member friend telling him that the head pro wants to talk to him in his office. My friend comes out and tells me i can't wear cargo pants on the course. what a joke, so I have to buy new shorts, that are way overpriced.

Then, as I put the shorts on, they tell me I can't wear the socks I am wearing. Because I was wearing pants, I wore knee high socks, NOT ALLOWED. I then had to buy new ankle cut socks.

Makes you wonder... who is running the show? Time to get with it, its not 1965 anymore and Dorothy is no longer in Kansas.