100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood dan_670_12 is on a distinguished road dan_670_12's Avatar

Shipping cost for a dirt bike

If anyone knows how much it would cost to get a dirt bike shipped from Ohio to Ottawa could you please tell me. Thanks.
    Dan

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_670_12 View Post
    If anyone knows how much it would cost to get a dirt bike shipped from Ohio to Ottawa could you please tell me. Thanks.
    Dan

A lot depends on who you know. I had to ship a Maico 490 from Phoenix to Ottawa a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare... the worst part being the customs duties and taxes.
    Out of curiousity, what kind of dirt bike would you need to go all the way to Ohio to get? Something rare, a great deal, or a great deal from someone you know?

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    when i looked into getting a bike a couple months ago, i found one in Vermont. and a company wanted $1000+ to ship it here.. i told them they're out of their mind, and started looking for a bike locally...

hmmmm... and if i am mistaken i think the original club ho himself (Mr. Reid Mason, aka 1972 apex) is selling a dirt bike of his own

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    when i looked into getting a bike a couple months ago, i found one in Vermont. and a company wanted $1000+ to ship it here.. i told them they're out of their mind, and started looking for a bike locally...

hmmmm... and if i am mistaken i think the original club ho himself (Mr. Reid Mason, aka 1972 apex) is selling a dirt bike of his own
    Actually two Jarred. Both classic old Yamaha TT500s

7 Wood dan_670_12 is on a distinguished road dan_670_12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    A lot depends on who you know. I had to ship a Maico 490 from Phoenix to Ottawa a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare... the worst part being the customs duties and taxes.
    Out of curiousity, what kind of dirt bike would you need to go all the way to Ohio to get? Something rare, a great deal, or a great deal from someone you know?
    My friends cousin is selling his bike its a Yamaha YZ125 for a pretty good price but with the cost of the shipping i think im going to forget about it and looks for something more locally. Thanks for the help.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_670_12 View Post
    My friends cousin is selling his bike its a Yamaha YZ125 for a pretty good price but with the cost of the shipping i think im going to forget about it and looks for something more locally. Thanks for the help.
    Dan
    For that type of bike I think you will do much better locally. Kiiji Ottawa, Ottawa Classifieds and Ottawa Buy/Sell have a ton of nice dirt bikes on them. I just picked a new one up for myself

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    That is a rip off.
    3 years ago I paid $1000 U.S. Dollars to bring my car from Southern California to Ottawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post

Thread Information