CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road

Is Tiger a Friend of Barry Bonds?

Anyone else suspicious about Tiger's raging muscles? How much weight has he put on and how long did it take?

Does the PGA do drug testing?

Is Barry Bonds Tiger's new friend?

Just curious to see what you guys think...

Or is it all natural? Wouldn't surprise me if he had the genes anyway...

I'm in the middle on this one, not sure if he is sticking himself or not.

Opinions?

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    It's not like all of a sudden he's huge. He has been in amazing shape for the past two or three years and in recent tournaments he's looking buffer for sure but that's partially due to the skin tight shirts he's wearing now as well.

He was looking like a tank on Sunday.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Yeah Tiger is ripped.. I can't remeber who said they saw him in the locker room come out of the shower and couldn't believe how ripped he was.. He def. looked like a tank yesterday.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    HAHAH!! This has got to be one of the more ridiculous posts on here! The guy took some time off and mentioned he was using it to bulk up. I've seen guys put on weight faster than the time he had to put a little bit of weight on OR, he might have just cut water and that made him look bigger.

Barry Bonds....BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    HAHAH!! This has got to be one of the more ridiculous posts on here! The guy took some time off and mentioned he was using it to bulk up. I've seen guys put on weight faster than the time he had to put a little bit of weight on OR, he might have just cut water and that made him look bigger.

Barry Bonds....BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

It's a legitimate observation, steroids are used in all professional sports, golf included. I would bet my right hand that there are pros out there using it to their advantage...

i guess when you are in love with the guy its hard to admit he might be sticking himself with the juice and that must be the reason you find the post so ridiculous, as you put it...

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I think it mostly has to do with his shirt, yes he is ripped, but that shirt he had on Sunday showed off the pipes big time. On Saturday, he had a regular shirt and seemed less ripped.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by hello_world View Post
    It's a legitimate observation, steroids are used in all professional sports, golf included. I would bet my right hand that there are pros out there using it to their advantage...

i guess when you are in love with the guy its hard to admit he might be sticking himself with the juice and that must be the reason you find the post so ridiculous, as you put it...
    I'm not a Tiger Woods fan at all. In fact, I enjoy watching him choke!

The reason I find it ridiculous is because the guy did not look THAT much bigger than he did before.

I haven't seen many pros on Tour that look like they took steroids to tell you the truth. In fact, steroids would hamper their swing if anything. They'd grow too quickly and lose their flexibility.

BTW...Do you have any knowledge about steroids and physical fitness besides what you hear/see in the media? Just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF View Post
    I think it mostly has to do with his shirt, yes he is ripped, but that shirt he had on Sunday showed off the pipes big time. On Saturday, he had a regular shirt and seemed less ripped.
    Exactly. He was wearing a pretty tight fitting shirt Sunday. I'm sure most guys would look pretty "ripped" wearing that style of shirt...even Geoff!!!

[quote=EdmontonGolfer;188801]

The reason I find it ridiculous is because the guy did not look THAT much bigger than he did before.

I haven't seen many pros on Tour that look like they took steroids to tell you the truth. In fact, steroids would hamper their swing if anything. They'd grow too quickly and lose their flexibility.

[quote]

NOt everyone who takes steriods ends up looking like Mark McGuire. Don't be fooled by the way a person looks...

if you don't think there are any pro golfers sticking themselves with the needle, then you are only kidding yourself. steriods can help in more ways than one, not just to build muscle mass. For one, steriods can help with endurance/stamina.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    They used to say exactly the same thing about baseball...

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Man, you are acting like you know guys on the tour use Steroids. How the hell would you know that, that's right you wouldn't!!! I personally couldn't see PGA tour players taking steroids at all.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Man, you are acting like you know guys on the tour use Steroids. How the hell would you know that, that's right you wouldn't!!! I personally couldn't see PGA tour players taking steroids at all.
    you are entitled to your opninion just as everyone else, including me, is. I think there are pro players using it on tour, you don't.

I think its reasonable to believe that there are at least a few, don't you? You don't think there are any? zero? Not even one? Come on, in this world, today, its all about cheating to get ahead...

I personally don't think Tiger is on them, he has the genes I'm sure to be a body builder, a pro baseball player, basketball player, hockey player, whatever he touches i'm sure would turn to gold...

I just wanted to get a reaction to see what you guys think... so now that we agree Tiger isn't juicing, are you sure there are absolutely no other players that are? what about the guys looking for the edge?

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    They used to say exactly the same thing about baseball...
    The difference being guys like Giambi and McGuire have veins popping out of their forehead and arms. Ball players also benefit from them because they have to run in quick bursts. Their swing has different mechanics that would not be hampered by being "bulky".

[quote=hello_world;188805][quote=EdmontonGolfer;188801]

NOt everyone who takes steriods ends up looking like Mark McGuire. Don't be fooled by the way a person looks...

if you don't think there are any pro golfers sticking themselves with the needle, then you are only kidding yourself. steriods can help in more ways than one, not just to build muscle mass. For one, steriods can help with endurance/stamina.
    I happen to be well versed in the physical fitness world. I'm a certified personal trainer and knowing about ergogenics was my job when I did it for my profession. I'm fully aware of the effects steroids have on a human body, and 99% of what you hear in the media is completely taken out of context and blown out of proportion.

You are entitled to your opinion for sure, but it doesn't mean I can't think it's ridiculous. There are many tell tale physical attributes that give away the fact someone is taking steroids. If we went to a gym together, I'm fairly certain I could point out who was using and who wasn't. For one, if Tiger was using, he would have discolouration in the whites of his eyes, which he doesn't.

Physical fitness is a huge part of golf now. Guys are bigger than they used to be because fitness was never a factor in the previous generations of golf. That's well known fact. Guys are hitting it longer and looking bigger because part of their daily schedule involves flexibility and muscle training, not to mention, the equipment plays a huge factor in the end result.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    JUICED???????

Oh I can see the headlines right now "WORLD'S #1 GOLFER, TIGER WOODS CAUGHT USING STEROIDS"

Now do you actually think the guy would take that chance? I mean he is in the media spotlight constantly. I am pretty sure Nike would be hacked if he was caught juicing.

He works out, constantly. He has slowly built up his body over the years. To say he is juicing is ridiculous IMO.

No, I am not a BIG TIGER WOODS FAN. In fact yesterday I was hoping he would boogie the 17th so he would have no chance of catching Angel with a birdie on 18.

The man works out, plain and simple. Yes he looked ripped yesterday, but as I watched the coverage the thought of him using Roids never even crossed my mind.

Hit the gym 7 days a week, hire a trainer and you too can look like Tiger.

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

physical fitness is a huge part of golf now. Guys are bigger than they used to be because fitness was never a factor in the previous generations of golf. That's well known fact. Guys are hitting it longer and looking bigger because part of their daily schedule involves flexibility and muscle training, not to mention, the equipment plays a huge factor in the end result.
    [quote=EdmontonGolfer;188801]

I think its ridiculous for you to think that there are ZERO pro golfers out there who are using steroids.

Why would TIGER want to have drug testing brought into the PGA? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082501184.html

And yes, he says he doesn't think anyone on tour is using it, but come on, as if he is going to through out allegations of that sort anyway.

Believe me, there is steriod use in pro golfing circles. God, there is probably steroid abuse in pro bowling, for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    JUICED???????

Oh I can see the headlines right now "WORLD'S #1 GOLFER, TIGER WOODS CAUGHT USING STEROIDS"

Now do you actually think the guy would take that chance? I mean he is in the media spotlight constantly. I am pretty sure Nike would be hacked if he was caught juicing.

Why not take the time to read the entire post before replying? I already conceded that i don't think tiger is juicing. the discussion now is about the average joe PGA pro juicing it. maybe the subject should be changed?

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    The difference being guys like Giambi and McGuire have veins popping out of their forehead and arms. Ball players also benefit from them because they have to run in quick bursts. Their swing has different mechanics that would not be hampered by being "bulky".
    I stand by my original statement
    I'm pretty sure 10 years from now we'll have seen one or two pro golfers get caught with juice LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by hello_world View Post
    Why not take the time to read the entire post before replying? I already conceded that i don't think tiger is juicing. the discussion now is about the average joe PGA pro juicing it. maybe the subject should be changed?
    Well you did write this in your original post....

" I'm in the middle on this one, not sure if he is sticking himself or not."

You sure decided quickly that you thought he wasn't taking anything.

And to answer why Tiger wants the testing implemented is probably because he's trying to show the doubters that training hard without performance enhancing drugs can also equate to longer drives, more stamina, and better golf.

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    I stand by my original statement
    I'm pretty sure 10 years from now we'll have seen one or two pro golfers get caught with juice LOL!
    That's fair, but I'll bet you'll probably be able to tell.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Does that apply to stomachs also? I have seen a lot of bellies grow bigger over the years.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    hmm.. touchy subject. to a certain extent i agree that some of the guys are "probably" using roids. i mean it happens in ALL professional sports.

as for who is using them, you cant single any of them out. as none of the big guys look more ripped than tiger.

as for using roids in the first place would that not give you less flexibility? im not familiar with the stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    hmm.. touchy subject. to a certain extent i agree that some of the guys are "probably" using roids. i mean it happens in ALL professional sports.

as for who is using them, you cant single any of them out. as none of the big guys look more ripped than tiger.

as for using roids in the first place would that not give you less flexibility? im not familiar with the stuff...
    The reason you don't become more flexible is because the muscle tissue grows too quickly for the tendons and ligaments around them. The more bulky you are, the less flexible you are.

The other common misconception is stamina. Your cardiovascular system is not built for that speed of muscle growth. That means your heart and lungs cannot keep up with the muscle. So in the end, your stamina becomes shot. That's why you don't see huge bulky hockey players. They are big, but not too big for their frame and never bulky.

so then that proves the point that if they took roids then it would wreck their golf swing, as they loose flexibility.

so if you see anyone with a Lee Travino type swing hitting it 320+ we can assume they are juicing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    so then that proves the point that if they took roids then it would wreck their golf swing, as they loose flexibility.

so if you see anyone with a Lee Travino type swing hitting it 320+ we can assume they are juicing it up
    I've actually played golf with a few guys who are competing bodybuilders who freely admit they take steroids. They have a hard time bending down to get their ball out of the hole.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Of course it's POSSIBLE that Tiger is using steroids. It's possible that any number of players on tour are using steroids. But the fact that the guy looks ripped does not mean he IS using steroids. There's this thing called "working out", sometimes referred to as "exercise" that people have been doing for thousands of years, and it can (strangely enough) lead to the growth of muscles. Unfortunately, exercise is becoming a lost art, so whenever somebody puts on weight anywhere other than in their gut, some idiot automatically assumes they are on the juice.

Also, as Edmonton has pointed out, this is not a new development. Tiger has been steadily and gradually adding muscle for the past few years...not the type of rapid growth that one would see with steroids, but the type of steady growth that comes from hard work and dedication.

i once read in a magazine (prolly golf digest) they were interviewing steve williams. now steve is know to work out religiouly. he was quoted as saying. "i work out alot, but i once joined tiger for a day at the gym and i couldnt lift my arms the next day, Tiger is a beast when it comes to his physical fitness" (or something close to that)

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Streroids can't chip and putt. Side effects of a steroid user:

testicles shinking
    acnea
    easily irritated
    Voice deepening

Bonds head size actually grew(no not figuratively)
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Streroids can't chip and putt. Side effects of a steroid user:

testicles shinking
    acnea
    easily irritated
    Voice deepening

Bonds head size actually grew(no not figuratively)
    Yeah Bonds' head grew because he was taking HGH(Human Growth Hormone) which causes bone growth, specifically in the skull and jaw.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Let's not forget about our dearly departed Depe - his pipes where HUGE (obviously from roids) and that added muscle resulted in those monsterous 320 yard carries that he was always talking about...........

Thread Information