100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Muckler Fired!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    It's because the bunch of *'s is a smiley and the forum software automatically substitutes it.

Also thanks for self-censoring.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    It's because the bunch of *'s is a smiley and the forum software automatically substitutes it.

Also thanks for self-censoring.
    I understand. No problem about the censoring. We can have that conversation in a more appropriate environment if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    first you say that they are shopping for expensive forwards now a D-Man. Why not just say they are shopping for a new team. So much for the inside information.

As for Timmonen, they just signed him to a $6M contract - so it looks like they are looking for someone in that range.

as for the other stuff - slander refers to the spoken word, libel the written. And don't think there aren't laws around this stuff. It's free speech - but there are limits.
    They ARE shopping for a while team and I DO have inside information. As I said before, my gf's brother works for the Oilers front office.

If you have a look at their end of the year roster, it was made up of up and coming players from the AHL. They have big issues when it comes to scoring, so that is their number one concern.

They only had 195 goals for, which was worst in the league and 248 against, which was only 6 worse than the Buffalo Sabres who finished first in the Eastern Conference.

I don't believe I said anything about "expensive" anywhere. You can get some producing players without having to pay an arm and a leg for them.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    They ARE shopping for a while team and I DO have inside information. As I said before, my gf's brother works for the Oilers front office.

If you have a look at their end of the year roster, it was made up of up and coming players from the AHL. They have big issues when it comes to scoring, so that is their number one concern.

They only had 195 goals for, which was worst in the league and 248 against, which was only 6 worse than the Buffalo Sabres who finished first in the Eastern Conference.

I don't believe I said anything about "expensive" anywhere. You can get some producing players without having to pay an arm and a leg for them.
    Edmonton doesn't want Redden. He's overpriced and we are shopping for expensive forwards, not a useless donkey who gives the puck away all game. Lupol isn't going anywhere either, but wouldn't it be fitting, a donkey for a donkey.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Edmonton doesn't want Redden. He's overpriced and we are shopping for expensive forwards, not a useless donkey who gives the puck away all game. Lupol isn't going anywhere either, but wouldn't it be fitting, a donkey for a donkey.
    I don't see where "expensive" came into the equation, but thank you for putting words in my mouth and demonstrating to all of us your lack for attention to detail.

Redden's contract would be a lot of money for their salary cap. If Kevin Lowe ever had a brain fart and did end up signing him, he'd be crucified, not to menion, the new owner would clean house the following year.

They need to spend their money wisely, which means signing producing forwards and not just one big name player.

Trust me, his comments about giving something back to the fans for their loyalty wouldn't be signing Redden. Everyone else out here things he's a pilon too.

"He's overpriced and we are shopping for expensive forwards"

EG I didn't put words into your mouth I simple cut and pasted your response from the first page of this thread. I think its your lack of attention to detail that is causing you to forget what you said.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I don't see where "expensive" came into the equation, but thank you for putting words in my mouth and demonstrating to all of us your lack for attention to detail.
    OK, I'm confused - jeffc quoted you verbatim and you're thanking him for HIS lack of attention to detail???

Maybe this thread needs to get back to the topic of Mucklar being fired

muckler got fired?

"He's overpriced and we are shopping for expensive forwards"

EG I didn't put words into your mouth I simple cut and pasted your response from the first page of this thread. I think its your lack of attention to detail that is causing you to forget what you said.
    Right...I'll just go ahead and eat my hat now.

Disregard any lack of attention to detail comments directed in your direction.

I hear Mucklar's going back to Edmonton when the new owner takes over the team..

Did you hear me!!! PAY ATTENTION!!! LOL!!!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I hear Mucklar's going back to Edmonton when the new owner takes over the team..

Did you hear me!!! PAY ATTENTION!!! LOL!!!
    Edmonton may have to Arm Wrestle the Make Beliefs for Mucklar's services............it seems that Fergie Jr. needs someone with a multiple brain cells to help him ensure that the Laughs miss the play-offs for a third straight year

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Edmonton may have to Arm Wrestle the Make Beliefs for Mucklar's services............it seems that Fergie Jr. needs someone with a multiple brain cells to help him ensure that the Laughs miss the play-offs for a third straight year
    I think Lowe will be around as long as he can actually build the team with more than rent-a-players.

I don't really see Mucklar as a bad GM. Whoever gets him is getting quite a bit of experience.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...78672-sun.html

"Sources say Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe has Redden, 31, on a list of blueliners he covets. The Oilers could dangle LW Raffi Torres, RW Joffrey Lupul or RW Fernando Pisani in front of the Senators to try and land Redden."

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Torres or Pisani would eb nice, we will not get much for him as that salary is wild. As for Mucks, well he did his best and it was easy replacing him. Murray will find his type of players. I would not be surprised to see Spezza go in a blockbuster. He played with some edge in the first few rounds but quickly crept back into his 1 sided hockey vs the ducks and numerous give aways every single shift. Heatly too. Murray has some work cut out for him. Get Spezza playing 2 ways all season and he will not turtle in the playoffs wehn it gets tough. I would loev for Dale Hunter to be hired by Murray and he would be on Spezz like Vigneault was on Daigle. not pretty.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...78672-sun.html

"Sources say Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe has Redden, 31, on a list of blueliners he covets. The Oilers could dangle LW Raffi Torres, RW Joffrey Lupul or RW Fernando Pisani in front of the Senators to try and land Redden."

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/colum...len/?ID=205684

If you read that, that seems to be more accurate on the Oilers front. There's no mention of Redden anywhere. They would like to move Lupol though. He's not worth the 2.5 Million he's being paid.

I really can't see Redden coming here. We do need a puck moving defenseman, but not one who moves the puck to the other team. Redden is notorious for giveaways. We already had Bergeron for that and that's why we got rid of him.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Can someone explain to me the crazy good win-loss record versus the sub-500 record of the Ottawa Senators with Redden in the lineup these past two seasons versus without him?

Also, how is he considered by the Hockey Canada braintrust at top 6 d-man in Canada just 16 months ago if he's such an apple turnover?

Are there better defensemen out there? Yes. Has Redden had better years than this one past? Yes. Did they make it to the final? Yes. Would they have won it all had he played better? No. Anahiem was just too good regardless. Would Ottawa have made it to the final if he wasn't playing? Maybe. I say maybe only because of the team's record with him out of the lineup.

I think Ottawa 'fans' / Redden haters should be careful what they wish for. There are worse high profile d-men to have on your team. McCabe comes to mind.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Can someone explain to me the crazy good win-loss record versus the sub-500 record of the Ottawa Senators with Redden in the lineup these past two seasons versus without him?

Also, how is he considered by the Hockey Canada braintrust at top 6 d-man in Canada just 16 months ago if he's such an apple turnover?

Are there better defensemen out there? Yes. Has Redden had better years than this one past? Yes. Did they make it to the final? Yes. Would they have won it all had he played better? No. Anahiem was just too good regardless. Would Ottawa have made it to the final if he wasn't playing? Maybe. I say maybe only because of the team's record with him out of the lineup.

I think Ottawa 'fans' / Redden haters should be careful what they wish for. There are worse high profile d-men to have on your team. McCabe comes to mind.
    You're obviously a Redden lover or very pro Redden. The guy was on the ice for nearly all the goals against in the Anaheim series, not to mention, he gave the puck up which caused a couple of them. The only, and I say ONLY because it's true, reason he was not negative in the plus/minus category is because he plays the PP. At even strength that guy is a sack of crap and on for a very high percentage of goals against. I used to have season tickets to the Sens so I've watched enough games where he's thrown the puck away.

Do many other defensemen do that in the NHL? Sure do! Do many other defensemen make the same kind of money he does? Sure don't! The only other overpaid defenseman I can think of in the league who's worse than Redden is Marek Malik and his salary is 2.5 million LESS than Redden is paid.

THE GUY MAKES 2 MILLION MORE THAN HEATLEY!! Are you kidding me!!?? How does that make sense? 5 MILLION MORE than Volchenkov!! 3.3 MILLION MORE than Phillips!

Gimme a break man. Don't be blinded by the fact you're a big fan of his. The guy is not worth the money they pay him, nor should any other team hand out that kind of cash for someone prone to giveaways.

Just to give you a perfect example of how overpaid this guy is....

Scott Niedermayer, a seasoned veteran who is one of the best players, let alone defensemen in the league only makes 200k more than Redden.

Niedermayer - 69 Points $6.7 million
    Gonchar- 67 points $4.5 million
    Souray- 64 points $2.4 million
    Dan Boyle- 63 points $3.6 million
    Lidstrom - 62 points PLUS 40! $7.6 million
    Ryan Whitney - 59 points $900k
    Pronger - 59 points PLUS 27! $6.2 million
    Lubomir Visnovsky - 58 points $1.9 million

WADE REDDEN - 36 points PLUS 1 $6.5 million.

You see the trend here?

Redden missed 11 games, but between Visnovsky and Redden, there are more defensemen than I can count on two hands with more points, a better plus/minus, and make SIGNIFICANTLY LESS money than he does. Wait for it........AND, Bryan McCabe was one of them.

The only, and I say ONLY because it's true, reason he was not negative in the plus/minus category is because he plays the PP.
    Plus-minus ratings do not factor in powerplay goals, either for or against.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

You're obviously a Redden lover or very pro Redden. The guy was on the ice for nearly all the goals against in the Anaheim series, not to mention, he gave the puck up which caused a couple of them.
    Oh yes, obviously.

You should know that I grew up a Leaf fan, and while I no longer root for that side (I have my reasons), I am more of a hockey fan in general than I am a fan of any one team or player. I did cheer for Ottawa during their run to the final however, as it was a gas to be living here with that going on.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Don't be blinded by the fact you're a big fan of his. The guy is not worth the money they pay him, nor should any other team hand out that kind of cash for someone prone to giveaways.
    Again, not a 'big fan' of Redden's, but I am also not in the camp that sees him in the eyes that someone like yourself obviously does.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

THE GUY MAKES 2 MILLION MORE THAN HEATLEY!! Are you kidding me!!?? How does that make sense? 5 MILLION MORE than Volchenkov!! 3.3 MILLION MORE than Phillips!

It is utterly irrelevant how much money he makes. No one put a gun to Senator management's head and forced them to offer Redden that contract.

The bottom line is, does he make the team better. You don't feel that he does. I feel the opposite.

Chill.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Just to give you a perfect example of how overpaid this guy is....

Scott Niedermayer, a seasoned veteran who is one of the best players, let alone defensemen in the league only makes 200k more than Redden.

Niedermayer - 69 Points $6.7 million
    Gonchar- 67 points $4.5 million
    Souray- 64 points $2.4 million
    Dan Boyle- 63 points $3.6 million
    Lidstrom - 62 points PLUS 40! $7.6 million
    Ryan Whitney - 59 points $900k
    Pronger - 59 points PLUS 27! $6.2 million
    Lubomir Visnovsky - 58 points $1.9 million

WADE REDDEN - 36 points PLUS 1 $6.5 million.

You see the trend here?

Redden missed 11 games, but between Visnovsky and Redden, there are more defensemen than I can count on two hands with more points, a better plus/minus, and make SIGNIFICANTLY LESS money than he does. Wait for it........AND, Bryan McCabe was one of them.
    WOW............those $$$ numbers tell the truth...............

Either his agent is a great negotiator or Sens management are "out to lunch"......

Heard Liam Mcguire on the Team 1200 this morning "rant on" about how could the Sens sign a player for that amount of money and accept a "no trade" clause in the contract.........

Do not blame Redden for not wanting to waive the clause and accept a trade.
    He makes $6.5 million, is on a Stanley Cup contender, and enjoys the City of Ottawa...............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Heard Liam Mcguire on the Team 1200 this morning
    Man how I wish it were Liam Mcguire, but alas was that pompous TSN blowhard, Pierre.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Man how I wish it were Liam Mcguire, but alas was that pompous TSN blowhard, Pierre.
    Was positive it was Liam Mcguire at around 9:30 - 9:45 am this morning.
    Helped pass the time sitting in the Queensway traffic...............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Oh cool, glad they had him on... thought you were referring to Pierre McGuire's 8.10-8.25 AM spot...

Sports radio here is really missing the boat... they'd rather have 'three guys on the radio' talk about everything but sports (other than hockey for five or ten minutes every half hour)...

The had Versage and Jackubeck (sic) on one morning, just the two of them, and it was the best sports radio that this town has ever had. They were informative and entertaining while they talked intelligently about a wide variety of sports. Imagine!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

You're absolutely right! He's worth every penny. I must have missed the part about how being on the ice for so many goals and giving the puck away on a regular basis makes a team better...

I don't see how anyone can mention him and Niedermayer in the same breath when it comes to defensemen in the league.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

6 million dollars can buy a lot of things. I don't think many folks are talking about replacing Redden with another 5-6 million dollar D-man. With that cap room, we could re-sign Emery, pick up a couple of solid D-men, or add some toughness up front. (or a combination of those things). The bottom line is that, defensively, you can do much better than Redden for much less money, and with a salary cap, that is all-important. Any wasted dollar needs to be cut, and about 4 million of Redden's salary is wasted.

You ask about the win-loss record without Redden. I say coincidence. When is the last time you remember Redden making a game-saving defensive play. And how many times have you seen him make a very costly defensive mistake since then. Answer this question honestly, and you'll see why Redden should go.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    It is utterly irrelevant how much money he makes. No one put a gun to Senator management's head and forced them to offer Redden that contract.
    I'm sorry, but that is the most oblivious and ignorant comment I've seen in a hockey discussion since the lockout ended. Are you kidding me? Please tell me you're joking. I honestly cannot believe that those words actually came out of somebody's mouth. Money is everything nowadays. 6 million bucks should buy you more than 36 points. No penny should be wasted. Anaheim won because they spent money wisely. 6 million dollars a piece for the top 2 D-men in the league is a fantastic deal. 6 million for a middle of the road D-man? eh, not so much.

You're right that nobody held a gun to Mucklers head....but he's gone now, and hopefully Murray will make up for his 6 million dollar brain-fart.

On the Sens website they list Redden as 6"-2'' 208 lbs.
    http://www2.ottawasenators.com/eng/t...ckeyRoster.cfm

On the Ducks website they list Pronger as 6'-6" 215 lbs and Scott Niedermayer as
    6' - 1" 198 lbs
    http://www.anaheimducks.com/team/players.php

I was warming up at the Marshes range last year and did not notice just down from me was Redden. Only after a couple of guys pointed him out did I recognize the face. I am really having a hard time believing he is 208 lbs.......???

Anyone else having trouble believing Pronger is only 7 lbs heavier than Redden and he has 4" over him as well............??????

Thread Information