CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

14 clubs, one swing

This is one of the things I've picked up from the more modern thinking on the game.

I played a huge reverse C off the tee way back in "the old days". When I started really trying to make a decent score and focus on the whole game I moved to a more compact iron swing with a quiet lower body, driver disappeared, not that I could hit the offset driver I inherited anyhow. I still played my irons way back, which is something I've been changing the last couple years.

Armed with a new driver I've had a heck of a time. I've gotten on a roll a day or week here and there, but it's alwys been some hybred version of my now 8i based swing.

Lately I've had some good driving rounds, but the best part is I'm pretty much using my normal swing, just with a wider arc. For me that translates to some risk of popping it up cause I doubt I catch the driver on the way up all that often, but I'm surprised that I've hit some lnog balls even if it is with a bit of a decending stroke.

It's kind of a relevation to make a swing with the driver that doesn't feel too dis-similar to an 8i, like the various swings are joining up so there is no huge gap where I go from long iron ir fairway wood to driver.

My driver has been a nightmare for me this last year , hoping this is a sign I'm on the right path.

3 Wood TORAIDER is on a distinguished road
    Dan Connelly has a fitting system called "True Length Technology" that takes this approach to the game. He is on this site "danscustomclub" or something like this I think.

I think I've heard of that, I was more talking about just using more or less the same swing with some modification for the length and lie of club as apposed to having drastically different setup with every club. Not that your swing hasn't always suppose to be the same mechanics anyhow regardless of club, but it seems to me that has been underscored with the modern teaching, something I've been wanting is to have at least something similar between my driver and gap wedge swing if that makes any sense.

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    lets see...personnaly, everything from LW too 4iron is the same, pretty much hands here and hands there with little emphasis on the pivot although via the hands, there is a ton of that going on in my swing.

As soon as i get too woods and driver, i do the same but add some right shoulder thrust from the top too inside aft of ball...pretty much first move down is via the right shoulder to right field through the ball. I dont have the time nor luxury of doing it with a short club, but with big dog and little pups, enough to kick the crap out of it...

same swing, just added and-or subtracted a 'Accumulation of power'....
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 06-26-2007 at 08:47 PM.

that sounds workable, like at least the same swing more or les.

The biggest difference in my swing is ball position. I've read that relative to your leading foot ball position should be the same. I'm finding a workable compromise, slowly, but I'm used to playing my ball pretty far back with the irons.

Thread Information