100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron langille5 is on a distinguished road

Northern Ontario Golf Trip

I just thought I would share a few expereinces with everyone on the forum about my trip up North. I was able to play some of the best courses in Northern Ontario on my trip.
    It started with a round at Osprey Links in North Bay. A nice course with two very distinct nines. The front nine is a links style and the back nine is cut out of the woods with narrow fairways and bush everywhere. Course was in good shape. They hosted a Canadian Tour stop there a few years ago.
    The next round was at the Thomas McBroom designed Timber Wolf in Sudbury. Very nice course. The layout was very nice and with the multiple tee boxes is very playable for different caliber players. The greens rolled very true and fast.
    The next stop was in Elliott Lake at Stone Ridge golf course. A very interesting course with lots of elevation changes and very good greens. Nice course and they have a very good stay and play package. The only problem is Elliott Lake rolls up the sidewalks at about 8pm.
    Next stop was The Rock on Drummond Island in Michigan. Very nice layout. Reminds me a lot of Eagle Creek. Very good stay and play package. Course was in good shape and with the multiple tees very playable for golfers of all levels.
    The next course was Crimson Ridge in Sault Ste. Marie. Very nice course with hugh elevation changes cut out of the woods. The greens were very true and fast. You could play the course from 4500 yards up to almost 7000 yards. Lots of variety in holes. Some risk reward holes that were interesting.
    Next was a Stanley Thompson designed course in Marathon. It is only a nine hole course and was a little ruff around the edges but the layout is very good and once everything starts to grow.
    We were suppose to play at Hollinger Golf Course in Timmins on June 5 th but got snowed out. I heard it is a nice course.

Caddy KickerOfElves is on a distinguished road KickerOfElves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by langille5 View Post
    I just thought I would share a few expereinces with everyone on the forum about my trip up North. I was able to play some of the best courses in Northern Ontario on my trip.
    It started with a round at Osprey Links in North Bay. A nice course with two very distinct nines. The front nine is a links style and the back nine is cut out of the woods with narrow fairways and bush everywhere. Course was in good shape. They hosted a Canadian Tour stop there a few years ago.
    I played Osprey Links last year when I was in the area. The nines are totally night and day...

The back nine is a lot of fun, major elevation changes and trees everywhere.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Hey Gilles,

You were in the region. Should had stop for a game. Greens up North are awful (Kirkland Lake and up) Hollinger is actually one of the only decent one. We had lots of rain this winter and greens really got hit.

Kirkland Lake has a nice little 9 holes with different challenges. Next time you swing by let me know. Lasarre and Val D'Or have really nicve courses next time you are up north.

Jean-Guy

3 Iron langille5 is on a distinguished road
    I play in Kirkland Lake a number of years ago. Nice course. I have also played a number of courses up your way.

Thread Information