+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Greyhawk - The before and after

I played in a tournament yesterday at Greyhawk - Predator and I must say I was impressed.

I used to play Greyhawk a lot back in the days when it is was first built, before it went bankrupt and Clublink bought it. I cannot believe the changes Clublink made to the course. It is almost completely re-built. Some holes were reversed, some holes had new mounding, greens were either relocated, and/or redesigned.

Clublink made the course a lot more playable, a lot more pleasing to the eye, and the conditions were fantastic.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Are you sure you aren't talking about Greyhawk - Talon? Predator is a new course, not the rebuilt one, well new 5-6 years ago. They have done a lot of work on Talon, and are working on the drainage this year and doing a very good job.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    yes he must be talking about talon. the american express tourney was there yesterday.

oh an nice drive on 17 colby

Thanks, just missed the eagle for a tap in birdie. It's easier that way
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Are you sure you aren't talking about Greyhawk - Talon? Predator is a new course, not the rebuilt one, well new 5-6 years ago. They have done a lot of work on Talon, and are working on the drainage this year and doing a very good job.
    Yes, must mean Talon with the reversed holes # 13-14... used to be 15-16 in the opposite direction. I can't believe they are having tournaments on Talon with the current conditions. Although it is not horrible, it is not at its best.

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    Yes, must mean Talon with the reversed holes # 13-14... used to be 15-16 in the opposite direction. I can't believe they are having tournaments on Talon with the current conditions. Although it is not horrible, it is not at its best.
    agreed about the conditions. I can't believe they are charging guests full rate to play talon right now. bit of a rip

Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    do they charge full rate for guests now? they shoudl probably offer a bit of discount, and they might if you ask them upon check in

although it si all syupply and demadn right, if it is full, then no discount

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Just curious, how bad are the conditions? I might be playing there on Sunday but if it's not worth it I'd try somewhere else.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Just curious, how bad are the conditions?
    On Talon, #5 has big dirt mounds on the left from the new lake on #6. It's ground under repair. #13 and #14 have a bit of drainage work on the go. Sometimes they play as par 3s.

Predator has some drainage work going on at #3 near the green and #14 at the beginning of the fairway. #14 was playing as a par 3 yesterday.

Condition wise, Predator is better but even Talon is pretty good apart from the repairs going on.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    I played in a tournament yesterday at Greyhawk - Predator and I must say I was impressed.

I used to play Greyhawk a lot back in the days when it is was first built, before it went bankrupt and Clublink bought it. I cannot believe the changes Clublink made to the course. It is almost completely re-built. Some holes were reversed, some holes had new mounding, greens were either relocated, and/or redesigned.

Clublink made the course a lot more playable, a lot more pleasing to the eye, and the conditions were fantastic.
    You're definitely thinking Talon.

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    if you are paying to play talon try and switch it to predator. if you can't at least try to get a discount. its still playable, greens are rolling nice, just lots of work going on around you

Quote Originally Posted by hello_world View Post
    agreed about the conditions. I can't believe they are charging guests full rate to play talon right now. bit of a rip
    There are some spots on Talon that are GUR, but these are very few and far between. The greens are in great shape, and none of the repairs affect playability. In fact #14 is drier than I have ever seen it. The only thing that affected us the other night on Talon is that #13 was being played as a par 3, which is what they are doing on #14 of Predator.
    Colby

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Aah, Talon...I knew I had the courses mixed up.

Anyways, CL has done an outstanding job at rebuilding/redesigning the course.

JVincent
    The course is in great shape. I didn't find any areas which were under repair to affect my play. Greens were rolling superb. The course is in better shape than most courses without any repairs going on.

Thread Information