CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

12-year-old qualifies for U.S. Womens Open

Twelve-year-old Alexis Thompson, of Coral Springs, Fla., became the youngest player to ever qualify for the U.S. Women's Open on Monday, besting the previous mark set by Morgan Pressel by seven months.

More...

5 Iron FrankoSport is on a distinguished road
    Greetings ...

An even dozen plus 4 months - remarkable. Best of Luck.
    Thanx-A-Lot, FrankoSport ... [url=http://frankosport.us/golf/FedExCup/]Fed Ex Cup Page[/url]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Good for her. Best of all, her name is not Michelled Wie, and she does not appear to have a meddling entourage.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Good for her. Best of all, her name is not Michelled Wie, and she does not appear to have a meddling entourage.
    Not yet
    Quick someone call NIKE
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Caddy KickerOfElves is on a distinguished road KickerOfElves's Avatar
    ...someday someone will be able to bring up Women's golf and there won't be a chorus of snarky comments about Michelle Wie.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I have been an ardant supporter of hers, since her early attempts to be competitive on the PGA Tour. But my enthusiasm has been sorely tested by the foolishlness that surrounds her. One can overlook the occasional faux pas, when it is counter-balanced by unquestioned excellence. In Ms. Wie's case there is no recent demonstration of remarkable skill. There is simply a litany of tired cliches justifying an unending string of poor performances compounded by boorish behaviour. Enough already. Get your act together before hitting Broadway!

Quote Originally Posted by KickerOfElves View Post
    ...someday someone will be able to bring up Women's golf and there won't be a chorus of snarky comments about Michelle Wie.

Caddy KickerOfElves is on a distinguished road KickerOfElves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    I have been an ardant supporter of hers, since her early attempts to be competitive on the PGA Tour. But my enthusiasm has been sorely tested by the foolishlness that surrounds her. One can overlook the occasional faux pas, when it is counter-balanced by unquestioned excellence. In Ms. Wie's case there is no recent demonstration of remarkable skill. There is simply a litany of tired cliches justifying an unending string of poor performances compounded by boorish behaviour. Enough already. Get your act together before hitting Broadway!
    I can agree with this.

This is also a much better criticism than just "you suck", or the gleeful trumpeting of her failures that you often hear or read.

Sadly she might never get whatever glimmer of promise she had back; it might just be one of those almost cliche cases of "early ripe, early rot" that you see in the sports world.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I don't think she'll go sour before 20 y/o or anything, unless she keeps going the way she's going.

Too much "equality" thinking and not enough "Here I am" on the LPGA if you ask me is going to ruin her. Look how long it took Annika to get invited to a PGA tournament and play. Granted, that was probably because of Michelle, they had to give the No 1 ranked woman (at the time) the chance.

Michelle Wie is beginning to be justified as the butt of a joke however. Cliches or not, she needs to do something with her life that will give her credibility. When even the Golf Channel ceases to be on a constant love-in with her, somethings going wrong.

Why would you try to be mediocre to bad on the PGA Tour and not dominate the ladies tour (or atleast give Ochoa a run for her money)? I just don't get her. Hell, I'd consider a sex change just to get on the LPGA and dominate there lol...or atleast play the ladies tees at most courses just to feel better about my game somedays!

Fally
    aka Scott

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    I don't think she'll go sour before 20 y/o or anything, unless she keeps going the way she's going.

Too much "equality" thinking and not enough "Here I am" on the LPGA if you ask me is going to ruin her. Look how long it took Annika to get invited to a PGA tournament and play. Granted, that was probably because of Michelle, they had to give the No 1 ranked woman (at the time) the chance.

Michelle Wie is beginning to be justified as the butt of a joke however. Cliches or not, she needs to do something with her life that will give her credibility. When even the Golf Channel ceases to be on a constant love-in with her, somethings going wrong.

Why would you try to be mediocre to bad on the PGA Tour and not dominate the ladies tour (or atleast give Ochoa a run for her money)? I just don't get her. Hell, I'd consider a sex change just to get on the LPGA and dominate there lol...or atleast play the ladies tees at most courses just to feel better about my game somedays!

Fally
    aka Scott

Now that would be one homely looking woman.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Twelve-year-old Alexis Thompson, of Coral Springs, Fla., became the youngest player to ever qualify for the U.S. Women's Open on Monday, besting the previous mark set by Morgan Pressel by seven months.

More...

Pardon me, but is this thread about Alexis Thompson or Michelle Wie? I for one am very happy for this young lady, Alexis. I hope she plays well, but most of all I hope she enjoys herself and has fun.

As for Miss Wie, the Wie Circus could leave town tomorrow and I would not miss it one bit.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information