CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    OGA has a big opportunity here.... packages could be made up of a half hour lesson and a round with the teaching pro or practice for a few hours and a round or a few other different options... hope they open their eyes soon
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    Well, my boss just asked me to go there one morning at the end of July. I said yes without knowing it would cost that much for a 9 holes. Maybe they will lower their price before I get there

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Well, my boss just asked me to go there one morning at the end of July. I said yes without knowing it would cost that much for a 9 holes. Maybe they will lower their price before I get there
    Hi Maverick--give your boss the site address--maybe he will pick up the tab
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    i think if your boss invited you out he should pick up the tab no?

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    We will see.. it's a casual, before work thing. Not business related.

Pitching Wedge slpca is on a distinguished road slpca's Avatar
    Ehmcee - you can forget about the practise facilities there. They still only have the range open. Something about liability with the short game/sand areas. Seems they will have to install a high fence there (thanks City of Ottawa!).

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slpca View Post
    Ehmcee - you can forget about the practise facilities there. They still only have the range open. Something about liability with the short game/sand areas. Seems they will have to install a high fence there (thanks City of Ottawa!).
    Perhaps the City is behind this today, but it's the stupid sue-happy world that is responsible for what we're in for these days.

I guess the best part of this is that some golf courses are starting to bring water back onto the course... that must mean that someone in the US has won a lawsuit after watching a relative die of heat exhaustion and dehydration...

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Unhappy OGA - Practice Area

Glad to see there is a thread on this. Many of my friends use this facility and are as frustrated as I am that the pitch/chip area is "closed for renovations". I have asked anyone I can find there the reason why. It appears that the most consistent story is that someone let it fly out of the trap last year, it sailed over the low mesh fence and beaned someone. Don't know if there is a law suit, but it appears that it is off limits, unless you are taking lessons and supervised. I wish they would either pave it or open it. They advertise it on their web site, but the sign remains up and no signs of a new fence being installed. Personally my game has suffered from not being able to use the area. I know many who feel the same and I don't know if their business has been affected by this "closure" I live just 2 minutes from this and go by it daily. I don't think there are as many on the range and as for the new nine, I have rarely seen more than 2 or 3 groups on the course at any one time. I have also noted that the quality of the practice green has deteriorated significantly over past years. The par three is an excellent challenge, but the cost, is too HIGH, IMHO. One of the staff there told me that it is comparable to the one found in Mont Tremblant. That's fine, but that is not in this market. If someone can go and play 18 regulation holes for about the same price then why play this one. Bent grass greens and tee boxes are nice, but most who play there would not know the difference between bent and crab grass (me included). Lets hope that the owners get the message soon before it's too late. With Nevada Bob's there it is a great place to practice and shop. I would think that both places suffer when the facility is not up an running full speed.

Hey Kiwi--I agree--I can go to Bearbrook for 10.00$ and play 18 holes and the conditions are improving all the time---Yep 25.00 is way too much--after all we are not tourists.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Also, when you compare it to Marchwood ($15 for adults, $7.50 for juniours) it's waaaaay overpriced.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Gee-do they have a seniors rate too

Thread Information