CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road

Is custom fitting worth it?

Ok, so I read all sorts of comments here about proper shaft fitting, lies, lofts, flexes, and all that technical stuff.

I have never been fitted. I have never used anything other than stock shafts and standard loft/lie clubs. I buy everything off the rack.

I shoot in the mid-high 70's and play around 30-40 rounds per year. How much of a difference is getting fitted really going to make?

My game is very consistent. I will end up 4 or 5 over par due to a couple misjudged shots and some poor putting, but not because of bad equipment.

Does anybody here really believe that getting fitted for all my clubs will make much of a difference?

I am willing to try if it will be worth it...

Thanks

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Yes.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Ok, yes is a great answer but where will I benefit? Will it mean 1 or 2 strokes per game or just change my flight and distance?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    It's hard to put an exact number on this kind of thing. I'm sure Tiger Woods could shoot in the 60's with my clubs, but that still doesn't mean they are right for him.

The real benefit is that by taking one more variable out of the equation. If you've got the right equipment then at least you know it's not limiting you.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    All your clubs will feel the same. Dispersion should be tighter. Confidence is increased. Greater length and or lower scores? Probably, but no guarantees.

You will stop looking for the magic wand because IMO most people who change clubs often are just trying out this and that and they will settle on the one that fits them best, when they could have that fastrer and easier by seeing a fitter. I would never buy an unfitted club again. Waste of money to play russian roulette with my sticks.

Once you get fitted, selecting the style and brand becomes more about what you want out of them Ie softness of feel (forged), more forgiveness (cavity backs), more control when working the ball (blades) how you like the look (fat or thin top line) etc. A fitter can set you up with something made just for you.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    You have been blessed with a gift that eludes the vast majority of us.Beeing a clubfitter, my recomendation to you is, if it aint broke, don't fix it.Although, if you can pinpoint an ongoing problem that prevents you from achieving the next plateau, then you should consider getting looked at .

Thread Information