100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Say what you want about Alfie.....the Ducks are the Classless ones!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=210024&hubname=nhl

This has Brian Burke written allllll over it

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    No biggie in my books. With this possibly being the last game of the year, the Sens should save every ounce of energy they have and pour it into the game tonight.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Hockey players are creatures of habit mon ami, they need that skate........to say nothing about the transcontinental flight

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    all i hear is whine whine whine excuse excuse excuse... ...this sort of thing happens all playoffs long in every series... its called home ice advantage
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer_Gofer View Post
    all i hear is whine whine whine excuse excuse excuse... ...this sort of thing happens all playoffs long in every series... its called home ice advantage
    No it doesn't. Home ice advantage is about having your crowd behind you, knowing the bounces at your rink, and how your ice will play.

Not allowing the visiting team to have ice time is poor sportsmanship.

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    No it doesn't. Home ice advantage is about having your crowd behind you, knowing the bounces at your rink, and how your ice will play.

Not allowing the visiting team to have ice time is poor sportsmanship.
    you've got to be kidding me... you havent heard of this being done bofore???!?!?!

it happens all the freakin time!... i think i remember hearing something about lyndy ruff said that he'd give the sens good practice times as long as he was guarunteed the same respect going the other way....

obviously the same deal was given here.. the ducks wanted to keep their same routine of practicing at 9:30.. the sens were given the time after them... and i understand the ducks wanting to be first on the ice concidering the bad ice down there...
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer_Gofer View Post
    you've got to be kidding me... you havent heard of this being done bofore???!?!?!

it happens all the freakin time!... i think i remember hearing something about lyndy ruff said that he'd give the sens good practice times as long as he was guarunteed the same respect going the other way....

obviously the same deal was given here.. the ducks wanted to keep their same routine of practicing at 9:30.. the sens were given the time after them... and i understand the ducks wanting to be first on the ice concidering the bad ice down there...
    I know you hate the Sens, but that is weak. With the game being in the afternoon the Ducks knew damn well the Sens wouldn't skate if they were only allowed to go out after them. They should've let them out at 7am like they wanted to. Preventing a team from practicing is poor sportsmanship no matter how you slice it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Actually it was Bryan Murray saying in the Pittsburgh series that if they didn't get good ice time in Pittsburgh, then Ottawa would retaliate on this end.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Brian Burke is completely without class. Always was been, always will be.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    im sure your not iliterate Shivas, they never said the Ducks wouldnt allow them, your trying to make something out of nothing, and no offence but as a hockey player what Alfie did does drop him a notch in most of our books, he had a great game yesterday, but still i think what he did was worse then what Pronger did.

"I thought the NHL would give that allowance to us but that wasn't the case," said Murray. "So, yes, we wanted to practice (Wednesday) morning.

where does it say Burke wouldnt allow them, wake up man, its over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Brian Burke is completely without class. Always was been, always will be.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    im sure your not iliterate Shivas, they never said the Ducks wouldnt allow them, your trying to make something out of nothing, and no offence but as a hockey player what Alfie did does drop him a notch in most of our books, he had a great game yesterday, but still i think what he did was worse then what Pronger did.

"I thought the NHL would give that allowance to us but that wasn't the case," said Murray. "So, yes, we wanted to practice (Wednesday) morning.

It's up to Anaheim to set their practice times for visiting teams, it's not up to the NHL. I think when Murray said what he said, he was expecting the NHL to intervene.

if thats the case then i apologize, but i doubt they would give teams that power when it comes to the Playoffs, it makes no sense, but sorry if thats the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    It's up to Anaheim to set their practice times for visiting teams, it's not up to the NHL. I think when Murray said what he said, he was expecting the NHL to intervene.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar

"As a hockey player..."

That's rich.

Well, as a "hockey player" myself, what Alfredsson "did" doesn't drop him a notch in my books and it is nowhere @#@# near what Pronger did to McAmmond or Holmstrom. Shooting the puck at someone is worse than the elbow(s) to the head? Wake up, man.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
    Well, as a "hockey player" myself, what Alfredsson "did" doesn't drop him a notch in my books and it is nowhere @#@# near what Pronger did to McAmmond or Holmstrom. Shooting the puck at someone is worse than the elbow(s) to the head? Wake up, man.
    I totally agree with you. Alfie has complete control over his shot... you hear all these announcers saying that it was an attempt to injury, complete crap. If he wanted to injure him, trust me, he would have shot it at his head.

What Pronger did to McAmmond was a blatant intent to injure him. Not only did he completely throw out his elbow, but if you watch the replay he actually looks like he is almost leaving his feet.

what Pronger did to Holmstrom no doubt, Mcammond on the other hand thats a hockey play, push the guy off as hes coming at you, i ve done it 100 times with the forearm, gives u that extra second to get right behind and trail him into the boards, now when your 6'5 and you have a player thats barely 6' foot, and squatted at the same time, that was just unfortunate the way it worked out, Mcammond is also one of the quickest players around, And i meant wake up to the fact its over, get over it quit making stupid excuses. Well Montreal didnt make the playoffs cause the refs favor Ontario and the leafs, i know alot of people who were whinning about that, buts thats just the way it is, and we as fans have no control over it.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Well, if that play is so common, it should have a name. Let's see. How about: "The Disabler" or "The Killer" or "The Crippler" or "You Bad"? Given its potential effect, I'd say they all qualify. And were it that common, I suspect that it would be followed shortly thereafter, by "The Retaliator."

what Pronger did to Holmstrom no doubt, Mcammond on the other hand thats a hockey play, push the guy off as hes coming at you, i ve done it 100 times with the forearm, gives u that extra second to get right behind and trail him into the boards, now when your 6'5 and you have a player thats barely 6' foot, and squatted at the same time, that was just unfortunate the way it worked out, Mcammond is also one of the quickest players around, And i meant wake up to the fact its over, get over it quit making stupid excuses. Well Montreal didnt make the playoffs cause the refs favor Ontario and the leafs, i know alot of people who were whinning about that, buts thats just the way it is, and we as fans have no control over it.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar

you are kidding right?
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

im kidding yes cause i dont see hockey that way, it is what it is, I or any other fan have no control what so ever over the outcome so why make ridiculous comments about we were cheated, the refs are one sided, that was just an example Pinshark, i could of used many more that are totally outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    you are kidding right?

im saying that its usually a push off, of the same fashion with the forearm, which as been done for years and years, i was thought that when a guy dumps the ouck behind you, you get in his way, and push to the side with your forearms or gloves to the chest depending on position, no doubt at that speed of play an elbow can end up in there, without a doubt, i see is play as a little careless, but not malicious, Holmstrom's hit without a doubt was attempt to injure malicious whatever you want to call it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Well, if that play is so common, it should have a name. Let's see. How about: "The Disabler" or "The Killer" or "The Crippler" or "You Bad"? Given its potential effect, I'd say they all qualify. And were it that common, I suspect that it would be followed shortly thereafter, by "The Retaliator."

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I guess we will disagree. If he had have stuck out his arm and grabbed him, gave him a check or even used his stick to slow him down, that is fine and no doubt a penalty would have been called. He was trying to go to the outside after shooting the puck on the net. To me there is no excuse to throw an elbow like that and Pronger has a long history of this kind of thing so in my books, he's a cheap shot artist.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information