CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    I think you can pay $100 by buying your green fee at costco, you get 2 green fees and a couple of hats. I keep meaning to read the fine print on the box, but I was told they are as good as the full rate ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi-man View Post
    Reular rate during this time of season is $139 but this includes breakfast, range balls and cart.
    Twilight rate is $69 and includes range and cart also.

3 Wood Kiwi-man is on a distinguished road Kiwi-man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    I think you can pay $100 by buying your green fee at costco, you get 2 green fees and a couple of hats. I keep meaning to read the fine print on the box, but I was told they are as good as the full rate ticket.
    I have been trying to find some info on these passes at Costco. I am looking for expiry date, restrictions to date or times etc.
    Does anybody know??

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    There aren't too many courses in Ottawa that include balls.. At least not a lot I have played.. Some of the private ones do I believe (they did when I play the Hunt). Splits were in the 10 range I would say.. You didn't tee off until the group ahead was either on the first green or off the hole..
    Marshes does........http://www.brookstreethotel.com/golf...ackages_e.html
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    You're SO predictable....

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    So does Clublink, and Clublink doesn't make you use tokens to get tiny buckets out of a machine.

In my opinion the Marshes in on a downhill slide, at least the range certainly is.

5 Iron Jes is on a distinguished road Jes's Avatar
    I have been trying to find some info on these passes at Costco. I am looking for expiry date, restrictions to date or times etc.
    Does anybody know??
    I bought it this weekend. The only restriction I saw was that Saturday bookings have only 72 hours advance booking, any other day of the week...no restrictions.

The passes can be used till October.

What I didn't see though was info on the club rentals...all it said was Taylor made rentals

Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    I bought it this weekend. The only restriction I saw was that Saturday bookings have only 72 hours advance booking, any other day of the week...no restrictions.

What I didn't see though was info on the club rentals...all it said was Taylor made rentals
    Thanks for the info

1 Iron Daft_driver is on a distinguished road
    I love Le Diable. Maybe not technically the best course at Tremblant but definitely the best experience around.
    The practice facilities are simply amazing, and the view from the holes is awesome. Especially love playing Diable when a race is on at the race track.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    So does Clublink, and Clublink doesn't make you use tokens to get tiny buckets out of a machine.

In my opinion the Marshes in on a downhill slide, at least the range certainly is.
    This year the Marshes implemented a machine to despense the balls. Green fee players receive a couple of tokens before a round which gives two buckets (approximately 75 balls) Members were given a "fob" which you hold against the machine and allows you 200 balls per day.

This implementation of the machine has allowed more of a control over the practice facility. Over the past couple of years there has been a noticeable increase of people arriving at the Club and heading out to use the range without a Membership.
    It was "very hard" to police this........as the club employees were unsure who were Range Members, Full Club Members, Green Fee Players or individuals who were getting away with using the range for free. And believe me this abuse was getting worse !!!

It took the members a few weeks to get used to the new system, but have noticed a "tremendous" improvement in the condition of the range grass this year as there is much less "wear and tear". I for one can do without the "pyramid" of balls if the grass is in superior shape.

This was a very "smart move" by the Marshes !!
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

Tremblant

They are even good up to October 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post

Does anybody know??

$199+tax, gets you
    2 green fees to either leGeant or Diable
    2 hats with magnetic ball markers
    free taylormade rental clubs each round
    free breakfast at the cheaper of the 2, I forget which that is, as long as you tee of before 11am
    expire oct 2008
    Sat bookings only within 48 hrs, all other days no restrictions

And in Kanata they moved them from the end of the aisle to the middle of the golf stuff.

Square drivers at Costco now for $98 ....

Lob Wedge derelicte is on a distinguished road

Luge Champ

Matt said that Lance and Sam were on here bragging about the luge and wanted me to remind them both who was waiting for them at the botton

Also, I saw some very small people riding by themselves, I think as long as you can pull the handle to stop at the top they let you go.

Quote Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
    Matt said that Lance and Sam were on here bragging about the luge and wanted me to remind them both who was waiting for them at the botton
    He cheated! I was about to pass him twice and both times he either pushed me into the wall or ran me into the grass. Not a clean race at all!
    Last edited by Kiwi-man; 06-07-2007 at 08:10 AM. Reason: yeah!!

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    I paid 100$ before the golf season starts directly on the Tremblant web site and I get 2 rounds of golf at either Le Diable or Le Géant, to be played before July 15th. Only restriction is 48 hours booking for Saturdays.

I played Le Diable last Tuesday (26th) and let me tell you, it is the best course I have played on. The weather was perfect (a plus, considering they were predicting thunderstorm up untill the morning of the game), the fairway was very nice, the rough was thick and punishing and the greens were top notch.

The GPS was nice, sometime slow (showing carts in our fairway while no one was there, distance was showing 120 yards on our cart and 150 on our partners cart parked behind us) but for the most part, it was working pretty well. Free breakfast since I played before 11, then a trip to the Driving Range where the Pro looked at my swing and decided to move on to someone else (would of needed to delay my tee off time if he started giving me pointers).

We had a marshal on our ass all game though because of the 2 golfers we were paired with. Never seen someone play that slow. The guy would set up to hit straight in the fairway, take a practice swing and then go back behind his ball, set up again and then aim 40 yards to the left of his original stance, only to hit it dead on in the fairway. Effective, but very slow and frustrating for me and my buddy who could play a golf course in 3 hours when we have a cart.

I am officially traumatized about sand. I am not going to the beach this year, spent enough time at Le Diable in their waste bunkers / bunkers.

All in all, 50$ to play Le Diable in primetime was a steal. I recommend everyone who doesn't mind the drive to have a look at their website before the golf season start for their T-Pack golf pass.

Le Géant next Friday!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

Mont Tremblant

Planning to visit Mont Tremblant this summer.
    Any advice on accomodation and golf deals ?

Thanks

Bouche
    Camelot has the pyramids 2! I love it, it looks so proffessional and you hitting callaway balls which is nice as well. It is a private course however but its nice to practice hitting legit greens on a range. They also have a fairway so you can practice hitting your woods. I would have to say that Camelot EASILY has the nicest practice facility!

Im planning on going up to Mont Tramblant this year....is costco the best place for deals???

Thread Information