CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

Tremblant - Le Diable

I headed up to Tremblant this past weekend with Kiwi-man and a couple other buddies for a weekend away.. We played yesterday at Le Diable.. Great track.. Really enjoyed it. Let me start by saying the customer service was excellent (with the exception of the beer cart only comming once, but I think she called it a day and we finished at 8:30 in the dark).. The carts were something else.. Best GPS I have seen yet.. I should have snapped a pic. It had this huge screen by the steering wheel. It had each hole with all the various yardages, how far the group ahead is etc.. also had a cool feature called "drive". On the tee you press it and it zeros.. Then when you get to your drive it tells you how far you hit it.. It can be a real eye opener (I got a couple in the 270 range, oh and one 340 but I will get to that in a bit..)
    Also on the GPS it had a sports ticker with all the scores.. It also kept your score. You punch it in every hole.. Also input your hanidcap and it will keep the net score and tell you where you get your strokes.. After your done you push print and pick up a very nice printed score card in the clubhouse..

Now for the golf. The course was excellent.. A lot of sand oh man.. Waste bunkers everywhere. Conditions where mint. Greens were tricky.. I could read them. I missed 5 birdie putts inside 10 feet on the back 9..

Here are some pics..

#1 This is a shot off the first tee. Lots of sand as you can see.. I hit it in the waste bunker on the left off the tee.. Because the bunkers have a lot of rocks in them they have a local rule where you get to rake and place your ball (each cart also came with your own rake, ball washer, club washer). I hit it to 15 feet but missed the putt.

#2 This is the third hole. A long par 3 all carry over water. From the tips its around 210.

#3 Kiwi-man on the 3rd hole.. Unfourtunatly his ball found the drink.

#4 This is me on the same hole.. Ended up just off the green.

#5 This is the par 3 6th.. The elevation drop is prob about 50 feet. Great par 3.

#6 This is a shot back up to the tee from the 6th green.

#7 Par 4 11th. Short par 4 up the hill.

#8 This is a shot from the 15th tee. I believe this is Grey Rocks ski hill in the distance.

#9 This is the 15th hole.. A short downhill par 5. Plays only 450. Kiwi-man and I hit some great drives here.. We had 150 left. Not everday I get to hit driver, 8 iron into a par 5. I missed a 2 footer for birdie

#10 Here is my buddy Sam hitting his drive on the 15th.

#11 This is a cool shot from the cart path on 18.. The pines were pretty cool.

#12 This is Matt in those same pines on 18.. Somehow he got it out of there...

Hopefully the pics correspond with the numbers...
    Last edited by Ginker; 06-04-2007 at 10:46 AM.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

More pics..

And the last 2..

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Wow looks awesome and sound like they have updated their GPS since I was there last July. When I went the GPS just gave distances to centre of green (i.e no beacons in the flagsticks) and allowed the drive calculation. It would take ages to settle down as well, i.e. you stop the cart next to your ball and it would change constantly from 120 to 128 back to 116 back to 124 etc until it settled on one number. In fact the GPS was the only disappointing thing about Diable so I am really glad they have improved it, will definitely get up there this summer.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Nice lookin shots dude. Where did you guys stay? I'd like to get an idea of what a weekend like that put you back.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Nice lookin shots dude. Where did you guys stay? I'd like to get an idea of what a weekend like that put you back.
    Fortunatly Kiwi-mans brother owns a new condo right on the 3rd hole of the course.. The condo was awsome. Its going to but up for rent soon.. You can check it out at www.monttremblantholidays.com

As for the golf.. We teed off at 3:32 which was just inside the twilight rate.. 69.00. Reg. is 139.00

We did play the last hole in the dusk but only because the guys ahead of us we incredibly slow...

3 Wood Kiwi-man is on a distinguished road Kiwi-man's Avatar
    My brothers' website is still under construction but you can get an idea of what the place is like. As for the picture of my tee shot on three - I did put her in the water but it was hit clean which is more than I can say for the rest of my round.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi-man View Post
    My brothers' website is still under construction but you can get an idea of what the place is like. As for the picture of my tee shot on three - I did put her in the water but it was hit clean which is more than I can say for the rest of my round.
    Man that's a nice looking condo, looks like you and Lance would've had tons of room in that master suite too.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Man that's a nice looking condo, looks like you and Lance would've had tons of room in that master suite too.
    that's just wrong
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Not cool

Just for the record:
    Lance, wife and baby did have lots of room in the master suite. I was chilling elsewhere.

My wife and daughter also made the trip up...

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Still not cool

Of course there are other things to do up there besides Le Diable. Lance may have kicked but in the golf but he was no match to me on the Luge!

I'm in the blue shirt and our friend Sam is in the red shirt. If you look closely in the background you can see Lance coming out of the corner behind the tunnel

Of course there are other things to do up there besides Le Diable. Lance may have kicked but in the golf but he was no match to me on the Luge!

I'm in the blue shirt and our friend Sam is in the red shirt. If you look closely in the background you can see Lance coming out of the corner behind the tunnel

The luge was a blast!! I will say though if your 6'3" and have long legs.. take your legs off before you go down.. I couldn't steer past them..

Here is the pic of us doing the luge.. Sam is having trouble posting it.. Apparently I am the one way back you can just see in the pic.. Thats according to Sam.. My recollection was that I was already across the finish line.. Heck I think I even took the pic..

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    Here is the pic of us doing the luge.. Sam is having trouble posting it.. Apparently I am the one way back you can just see in the pic.. Thats according to Sam.. My recollection was that I was already across the finish line.. Heck I think I even took the pic..
    You recollection isn't very good Lance. I passed you in the first corner dude.
    Last edited by Kiwi-man; 06-04-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Lance's failing memory

You recollection isn't very good Lance. I passed you in the first corner dude.
    Ok my memory may be bad but I def. held you off a bit longer than the first corner.. I wish it was all lefts.. I could make those easy.. But rights were a diff. story..

Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    did you guys happen to notice if there are height age limits on the luge there?

Quote Originally Posted by pvs1313 View Post
    I believe the youngest you could ride alone is 12 years old. Younger lugers can ride between the legs of their parents as long as they are above approx. 4' tall.

Quote Originally Posted by pvs1313 View Post

There was a height limit of around 3.5 feet (just a guess)..

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I headed up to Tremblant this past weekend with Kiwi-man and a couple other buddies for a weekend away.. We played yesterday at Le Diable.. Great track.. Really enjoyed it. Let me start by saying the customer service was excellent (with the exception of the beer cart only comming once, but I think she called it a day and we finished at 8:30 in the dark).. The carts were something else.. Best GPS I have seen yet.. I should have snapped a pic. It had this huge screen by the steering wheel. It had each hole with all the various yardages, how far the group ahead is etc.. also had a cool feature called "drive". On the tee you press it and it zeros.. Then when you get to your drive it tells you how far you hit it.. It can be a real eye opener (I got a couple in the 270 range, oh and one 340 but I will get to that in a bit..)
    Also on the GPS it had a sports ticker with all the scores.. It also kept your score. You punch it in every hole.. Also input your hanidcap and it will keep the net score and tell you where you get your strokes.. After your done you push print and pick up a very nice printed score card in the clubhouse..

Now for the golf. The course was excellent.. A lot of sand oh man.. Waste bunkers everywhere. Conditions where mint. Greens were tricky.. I could read them. I missed 5 birdie putts inside 10 feet on the back 9..

Here are some pics..

#1 This is a shot off the first tee. Lots of sand as you can see.. I hit it in the waste bunker on the left off the tee.. Because the bunkers have a lot of rocks in them they have a local rule where you get to rake and place your ball (each cart also came with your own rake, ball washer, club washer). I hit it to 15 feet but missed the putt.

#2 This is the third hole. A long par 3 all carry over water. From the tips its around 210.

#3 Kiwi-man on the 3rd hole.. Unfourtunatly his ball found the drink.

#4 This is me on the same hole.. Ended up just off the green.

#5 This is the par 3 6th.. The elevation drop is prob about 50 feet. Great par 3.

#6 This is a shot back up to the tee from the 6th green.

#7 Par 4 11th. Short par 4 up the hill.

#8 This is a shot from the 15th tee. I believe this is Grey Rocks ski hill in the distance.

#9 This is the 15th hole.. A short downhill par 5. Plays only 450. Kiwi-man and I hit some great drives here.. We had 150 left. Not everday I get to hit driver, 8 iron into a par 5. I missed a 2 footer for birdie

#10 Here is my buddy Sam hitting his drive on the 15th.

#11 This is a cool shot from the cart path on 18.. The pines were pretty cool.

#12 This is Matt in those same pines on 18.. Somehow he got it out of there...

Hopefully the pics correspond with the numbers...
    Sounds awesome. I've never played Le Diable but I think I might make a trip up there this summer while I'm in Ottawa.

As for the GPS system...That's the same system they have at Thr Ranch where I play as much as I can here in Edmonton. They only charge $40 twilight rate which starts at 3 PM, but the sun sets here close to 10, so finishing 18 is never an issue.

How much do they charge for golf there?

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    Sounds awesome. I've never played Le Diable but I think I might make a trip up there this summer while I'm in Ottawa.

As for the GPS system...That's the same system they have at Thr Ranch where I play as much as I can here in Edmonton. They only charge $40 twilight rate which starts at 3 PM, but the sun sets here close to 10, so finishing 18 is never an issue.

How much do they charge for golf there?
    Reular rate during this time of season is $139 but this includes breakfast, range balls and cart.
    Twilight rate is $69 and includes range and cart also.

Reular rate during this time of season is $139 but this includes breakfast, range balls and cart.
    Twilight rate is $69 and includes range and cart also.
    That sounds reasonable if breakfast is included.

I forget how it works at some of the better courses in the Ottawa area, but nobody charges for range balls here. It's always included in your green fee along with the cart.

What are their tee-time splits there? 11 minutes?

There aren't too many courses in Ottawa that include balls.. At least not a lot I have played.. Some of the private ones do I believe (they did when I play the Hunt). Splits were in the 10 range I would say.. You didn't tee off until the group ahead was either on the first green or off the hole..

There aren't too many courses in Ottawa that include balls.. At least not a lot I have played.. Some of the private ones do I believe (they did when I play the Hunt). Splits were in the 10 range I would say.. You didn't tee off until the group ahead was either on the first green or off the hole..
    What is a typical rate for range balls? Just trying to get an idea how much they are charging for the actual golf itself.

10 minutes is a perfect split. Some courses I played recently had a 6 minute split. In my opinion, that's a bit ridiculous. We were on the tee, a group was in the fairway, and another on the green.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    $5-$8 is the norm for range balls, depending on the size of the bucket....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I would say you usually pay around 7 for a bucket of balls.. Maybe more if they have diff. sizes.. At Le Diable they have a double ended range.. Set up with pyramids of balls.. You can hit all you want.

I would say you usually pay around 7 for a bucket of balls.. Maybe more if they have diff. sizes.. At Le Diable they have a double ended range.. Set up with pyramids of balls.. You can hit all you want.
    The pyramids of range balls is a very nice touch. It gives the people the same atmosphere as they see on Tour whenever they have coverage of guys hitting on the range. Very professional and high class if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    The pyramids of range balls is a very nice touch. It gives the people the same atmosphere as they see on Tour whenever they have coverage of guys hitting on the range. Very professional and high class if you ask me.
    Agreed 100% love the pyramids!

Thread Information