CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

For Sale Circa 62 #2

I bought this Circa 62 new a couple of weeks ago. Problem is I like 33 inch putters and this one is 35". I thought I could grip down and be ok with it but it just doesn't feel right when I do that. The Titleist Rep is trying to locate a 33 inch #2 for me. If this doesn't happen then I am going to sell this one. I will know by the end of the week.

Bascially this is a new putter, I used it for 4 rounds. It has been oiled after those rounds. Comes with the yellow Circa 62 headcover, the tool, the oil cloth. Black Grip.

Price $250.00

This putter lists for $349 new.

Please no lowball offers. If I can not sell it I will trade it.

Thanks
    Rick
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    just cut it down... problem solved

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    the weight would still be off

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    pffff... like ricks gonna notice

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    pffff... like ricks gonna notice

Trust me, I am going to notice. There is no way I am cutting that Scotty down to 33 inches. If the rep comes through fine, if not I'll sell it. Or trade it towards two Vokey Spin Mills!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Yeah don't cut it down.. I find the feel is gone when you shorten em..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    You could go to a clubfitter and get the missing weight added within the shaft.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    The guy who fits for Titleist at their fitting centre told me that he has numerous Camerons cut down that he has in play. He added lead tape to the sole of them to give them some extra weight. I told him I would never stick lead tape on a Cameron but it's dumb the Circa '62 #2 only comes in 35".

The thing is, if you choke down like I do on mine, I'm almost at the bottom of the grip. If you think about it, if you're putting fine like that, when you cut it down, it will give you the same feel as when you were choked down with the longer putter.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    The guy who fits for Titleist at their fitting centre told me that he has numerous Camerons cut down that he has in play. He added lead tape to the sole of them to give them some extra weight. I told him I would never stick lead tape on a Cameron but it's dumb the Circa '62 #2 only comes in 35".

The thing is, if you choke down like I do on mine, I'm almost at the bottom of the grip. If you think about it, if you're putting fine like that, when you cut it down, it will give you the same feel as when you were choked down with the longer putter.

I had a reply back from one of the Custom Club Service Reps. I called him today but he was out of the office. I'll try tomorrow and once I find out what he says I will post that information.

Shot 74 today with the Tracy II in my hands, maybe I should just leave it in the bag

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I had a reply back from one of the Custom Club Service Reps. I called him today but he was out of the office. I'll try tomorrow and once I find out what he says I will post that information.

Shot 74 today with the Tracy II in my hands, maybe I should just leave it in the bag

I would if that's what helping you score. I was putting around with this YES Tour Spec putter the other day. The centre of it where the C-Grooves are was bright silver. I had never seen one like this before but it felt pretty nice. I still haven't found a putter with the nice weight that YES offers.

For now this putter is off the market.
    After speaking to the Titleist Custom Club Service rep this morning I have come up with an idea.
    I am going to weigh the putter now.Then remove the current shaft and replace it with a shaft that puts the total length where I want it. I can add some weight down the shaft and regain the small amount lost from the shorter shaft. Or as he said, put a little lead tape under the grip, that has been done before.
    Sending it back to Titleist is not an option as Scotty Cameron will not cut these putters down so I was told by the rep. The 33 inch Asian model is not available from Titleist in North America.
    So that is the plan for now. The things we do for the love of the game

After speaking to the Titleist Custom Club Service rep this morning I have come up with an idea.
    I am going to weigh the putter now.Then remove the current shaft and replace it with a shaft that puts the total length where I want it. I can add some weight down the shaft and regain the small amount lost from the shorter shaft. Or as he said, put a little lead tape under the grip, that has been done before.
    Sending it back to Titleist is not an option as Scotty Cameron will not cut these putters down so I was told by the rep. The 33 inch Asian model is not available from Titleist in North America.
    You should see the new YES putter!! WOOOOOOOOOOT! I'm thinking of picking one up in 34". I'll post pictures once/if I do. The C-Groove portion is bright silver. I guess it's their "Tour" version but it's available in retail.

Hopefully everything will work out Rick.. Just a fyi Scotty will def. cut the putter down if sent to the custom shop.. He will however not add the extra weight..

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    Hopefully everything will work out Rick.. Just a fyi Scotty will def. cut the putter down if sent to the custom shop.. He will however not add the extra weight..
    Are you sure about that? I asked about having mine cut down and the Titleist guy told me that he won't do it because the putter is balanced and weighted for the length they release it as.

If you go to http://www.scottycameron.com/customization/default.asp

You can see at the bottom you can have the length adjusted.. It shows add or subtract 1/2" or desired length.

Langille5 just got his TeI3 back at 33" and my roomate just had his Circa 2 done in PP and shortened to 34"

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    If you ask nicely, the custom shop will do it. But it is not worth the effort or expense compared to doing it yourself. Only worth it if you're sending in a resto.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    If you ask nicely, the custom shop will do it. But it is not worth the effort or expense compared to doing it yourself. Only worth it if you're sending in a resto.
    Exactamundo...

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    If you go to http://www.scottycameron.com/customization/default.asp

You can see at the bottom you can have the length adjusted.. It shows add or subtract 1/2" or desired length.

Langille5 just got his TeI3 back at 33" and my roomate just had his Circa 2 done in PP and shortened to 34"
    Crazy! I'll have to tell him then the next time I see him. Doesn't seem worth it as mentioned above though when you can do it yourself.

Def. not worth just sending it in for that.. But if you were gonna do a resto. or go to PP.. that would be the time to do it..

Thanks guys. I think I will just pull the original shaft, set it aside and put in a new short one, I got thinking today, I have a bigger grip on my YES. So if I put the same grip on the new shaft then the weight might be close to the original weight of the putter. As the Rep told me on the phone yesterday "You likely will not notice the difference in the weight by taking off 2 inches of shaft. If you do, add some weight under the grip if you want, afterall that is where the missing weigh came from"

I'll lock this thread as it no longer pertains to selling the putter!

Thread Information