CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    1 Iron Tanglegrip is on a distinguished road Tanglegrip's Avatar
    Played the course on Sunday and agree with the majority of the other posters, AL is a nice course but not extremely difficult. Those who can drive the ball long will score well. Used driver off all of the par 4's and par 5's without getting into any trouble. While there is some trouble on the tree lined holes a good drive will put you past most of it.

The greens are huge and most run horizontal to the fairway, therefore very wide not not as deep as I would like. With most pin placements at the front or back there was not a whole lot of green to work with if you were on the wrong side or didn't have a good angle. Greens were also difficult to hold with some side slope. A few rounds will allow one to know where to place your pitch.

An enjoyable round though and I will be back for more. When the driver is working it is fun to play.

The starter gave us the course rating;
    Blue - Rating 71.1 and Slope 129
    White - Rating 67.7 and Slope 121

6 Iron Ehmcee is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanglegrip View Post
    The starter gave us the course rating;
    Blue - Rating 71.1 and Slope 129
    White - Rating 67.7 and Slope 121
    There is no way the slope for the whites can be accurate. Based on Cloverdale Links rating of 104 I would figure the AL whites will get a rating between 102-106.

From the whites 3 par 5's can bea reached in 2 without driver (and all 6 are in play with driver off the tee). All 6 par 3 holes played under 150 yards and there are 2 short par 4's (3 if you count the 7th which in 4 trips to AL I have not seen playing over 325).

I know length is not the only factor in rating a course but it is a major factor. There are not too many bunkers at AL and most of the water is not in play. There is also not a lot of rough or fescue to concern you if you spray the ball.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Must agree about the rating/slope "estimate". And the previous conditioning reports.

However, we played today & all the White Tees (only 5727 yds) were so far up it was a bit of a joke. On two they had us ahead of the permanent Red Stone for the "Forward Tees". On the 323 5th, we were just behind the 242 Reds. On the 384 7th we were just behind the 245 Reds.
    Not sure who they were saving the tees for but I hope they appreciate it!

Will be back as it's quite pleasant & handy. We like the $21 Monday price fro the 55+ crowd but it seems to be just competing with the same special the Patterson family have going at Emerald Links.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Anderson Links
    Men Blue tees Rating 71.1 Slope 129
    Men White tees Rating 67.7 Slope 121
    Ladies Red tees Rating 62.9 Slope 101
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Anderson Links

Guess where I'm going to play a few rounds to lower my cap.....
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Anderson Links
    If this is true then my index is going to drop big time.

Who is your source? I'll believe it when I see it in the handicapping system.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Anderson Links
    What a difference between blue and white. Maybe blue should become gold and they should have another set of tees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ehmcee View Post
    Who is your source? I'll believe it when I see it in the handicapping system.
    I called the course. It should be added to the handicapping system in a couple of days.

Big Duffer
    I played it from the whites and also thought it was pretty easy. the bigger problem I found was that the yardage from the tee's didn't seem acturate.. the 5th holes says its 323 yards.. safe to think you can drive when someone is on the green.. its not.. you can easily hit the green with a decent drive.. I came up about 15 yards short but did not make solid contact.. there is another that claims to be 384.. but you can get it to with in 40 or 50 yards with the drive.. that said I did like the course.. but I'll play the blues next time.. the greens are amazing.. I should add though.. they're asking a little much for a new course with no club house and no liquor license..

5 Wood hx101 is on a distinguished road
    Played on Sunday, greens are nice, fairways are terrible... I have better grass in my backyard..... Green fees should not be over $40. Also the slope rate I think is a bit high......

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Just like to add my thoughts to this thread. I played yesterday AM and overall I think the course is good and a fair test. Like some others I found it disturbing/distracting that the yardage was so out of whack. Why 775 yards diff between the Blue and White. The tee boxes seem to be set up fine however there was great confsion when the blue markers were not set at the back tee box and the white were set with the reds on a few holes. Not all holes had the colored "buttons" at the tee box to match the score card. I'd like to hear from someone with a GPS to see exactly how out the numbers were. This seems to be a management issue rather than a course issue. On a few holes they had spray painted the yardage on the side of the tee box, but some, like me, not normally looking for spray paint yardage markers were surprised to see the actual yardage AFTER we had hit our shots. As earlier noted the greens are large and very challenging. I noted a green where the hole was too close (< 3") to the ridge and a putt that went past the hole by 12" ended up 15' from the hole. Also I don't understand why they would put ALLl the holes hidden behind either a trap or water hazard. I can see this for a tournament or on the occasional hole but I fail to see the point in burying a pin 10' from the right edge, behind water and sand with a green that is conservatively 50 yards wide. I know quit whining....

I spoke to a couple of the employees there and they advised that the pitch/putt area immediately next to the first tee is scheduled to open July 1, 2008, as is the Club House. Apparently, as has been earlier reported there are "permit" issues. Until these are resolved there will be no Liquor Licence. Work has begun on another 9 but no open date was given. Course/club house have great potential, and the senior's early bird for $21.73 is attractive to us who live in Orleans

One final thougt. With so much interest in golf in the are I wonder why those in the business such as Mr. Patterson, do not put more of an effort into informing the golfing public about their plans. Seems like the info gets out over beers in the clubhouse and by the time it makes the forum it is questionable at best.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hi Kiwi---are you telling us you had a bad game We should get out some Monday--have not played it yet.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Shot 48/41. I really don't think the front is that much harder than the back, but that's the way it worked out. A birdy, on a par 3, 115 yds, and three pars to finish helped turn the back nine around. My OG partner wants to go back some time this year and asked about playing with some of the other OG group as well. Will definately set something up before the end of the year.

Sand Wedge Yank7 is on a distinguished road Yank7's Avatar
    Well! the Anderosn Links course is like playing on a green carpet, fairways are PGA style and green are amazingly green, One of the best courses in the area, and the price so far is reasonable.......

You like playing on a PGA style course, well ANDERSON LINKS it is....

rating 10 on 10

Pitching Wedge slpca is on a distinguished road slpca's Avatar
    I have played it a couple of times and it is "Woman friendly". It gives us a chance to actually par or birdie some holes As for pace of play - seems that the testosterone got the better of some guys who, IMHO, should have been playing from the whites. I found it s l o w .

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank7 View Post
    Well! the Anderosn Links course is like playing on a green carpet, fairways are PGA style and green are amazingly green, One of the best courses in the area, and the price so far is reasonable.......

You like playing on a PGA style course, well ANDERSON LINKS it is....

rating 10 on 10
    Are you joking?

I played there today with a buddy of mine, and it's NOT a PGA style course. LOL! It cost us $80 for the two of us with a cart. It's in decent shape, but the course is not very difficult. No practice green is a bit ridiculous too.

I ended up with an 80. 38 on the front and 42 on the back. I can't putt with that putter I got from Brian. It has no feel to me so judging the distance was impossible. A few three putts and lip outs left me with a bad score. I might have to head to Golf Town in Kanata tonight to pick up a new one before tomorrow's game with JV.

4 Iron JohnDB is on a distinguished road JohnDB's Avatar
    Hi,

Does anyone know when they will have the driving range open?

Thanks

I called the course. It should be added to the handicapping system in a couple of days.
    Any word on when the slope/rating for AL will be in the system?

When the RCGA updated the database. May be spring.

Use manual entry for now.

Played Anderson today---much impressed--from a field to a course in 2 years--not bad. Must agree with most of the posts---good conditions---HUGE greens--had to use a wedge a few times. An enjoyable round; the place was packed and the marshalls were out but we moved at a steady pace 4:15 and only waited once on a par 3. Give the boys credit---a couple of years down the road it should be quite a complex. The one really good thing is that I get to oversleep and still make my tee time

My only question would be with the rating Dan has posted--whites 121/67.7 Was the course actually rated 121 seems pretty high? Who am I to argue---I'm going back---2 for 1 on Monday --21.00. I really think the women will love it too.

It's been a long time since I have seen so much grass the same shade

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I played the course today for the first time. No hold-ups at all. Enjoyed the round did ok. (did get a birdie that I was pleased with) but won't go back until things are much more settled for that price. Paid 41 plus 13.50 for half a cart. Which is only slightly less than Emerald links and Meadows with full facilities. Fairways have weird grass don't know what they use, maybe just not what I am used to. The greens were very fast and hard, didn't hold my ball no matter how high I lobbed it. Annoying/challenging pin placements with the greens incredibly thin, I did way more chipping than I usually do, which is fine, good practice.

Overall I like the course but think they should charge way less until it has good facilities. Proper cartpaths would be a bonus too

Disappointing to see you (l.b.) experienced the same thing today that I did a month ago. Guess they feel they know best, but if they would read this Forum they'd see that they could make it much better with a few tweeks. Why tournmament pins every day? Who are they trying to impress??? Agree too, after recently re-playing E.L. the price for an up and commer is not justified. Give it a few years with the club house and practice facilities, plus the next 9 and then it will be worth the $, IMHO.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Disappointing to see you (l.b.) experienced the same thing today that I did a month ago. Guess they feel they know best, but if they would read this Forum they'd see that they could make it much better with a few tweeks. Why tournmament pins every day? Who are they trying to impress??? Agree too, after recently re-playing E.L. the price for an up and commer is not justified. Give it a few years with the club house and practice facilities, plus the next 9 and then it will be worth the $, IMHO.
    I agree Kiwi..... I played it a couple of weeks ago and although I have nothing bad to say against the NEW course itself, I did not feel that it is worth $132 for a couple with cart.... not a chance of me going back at that price, too many other courses around here that arent still under construction to pay that price. I will however, go back when they open some facilities and get a bit more grass to hit off.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Above comments justified--I enjoyed my round---but then again it only cost me 21.00. No way I would pay full price--like I said earlier; give it a couple of years

5 Iron Rick is on a distinguished road
    Played it a few weeks back. Lots of potential and it was in fine shape but from the mens it was a little short and easy. I didn't play my best and I fired an 81, on a course I didn't know. That's a decent score for me. If I played it again, I'd play from the blues, and I never play from the blues. Needs a few years to grow into itself, they'll have to trick up some of the holes if it's going to play that short and yes, the price is a little stiff for a new, half finished facility.

Gap Wedge Grimm is on a distinguished road
    Any idea if Anderson has their licence yet?

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I have read all the posts here and am a bit confused... A lot of people are saying it is too short a course, that it is not tough, that the greens are huge etc... How many of you are scoring under par? I have played the course and scored well, but definitely have room to get better. How is it too short? Are you driving all the par 4's? Are you getting a birdie on all the holes? I hope you are all playing Blue Tees if you think it is too short.

This course is new. They have a lot of work to do. It will be a fun course and a great facility when all is said and done. Why is everyone complaining about the facilites and the price at this point? We all know it is not finished. They charge full price because it is a business. They need to start earning revenues. There are still a lot of people who continue to play there, so why wouldn't they charge full price.

If you owned a business and could charge full price for a product/service even though your business was not fully completed, wouldn't you do so?

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I'm playing there next Monday, what are the conditions like?
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    I have read all the posts here and am a bit confused... A lot of people are saying it is too short a course, that it is not tough, that the greens are huge etc... How many of you are scoring under par? I have played the course and scored well, but definitely have room to get better. How is it too short? Are you driving all the par 4's? Are you getting a birdie on all the holes? I hope you are all playing Blue Tees if you think it is too short.

This course is new. They have a lot of work to do. It will be a fun course and a great facility when all is said and done. Why is everyone complaining about the facilites and the price at this point? We all know it is not finished. They charge full price because it is a business. They need to start earning revenues. There are still a lot of people who continue to play there, so why wouldn't they charge full price.

If you owned a business and could charge full price for a product/service even though your business was not fully completed, wouldn't you do so?
    I for one think from the blues it is a descent length but I am also one that will not return and pay that price for an uncompleted course, when I can drive a few more minutes and pay the same price for an established course.

There is no doubt when the course and clubhouse are completed it is going to be an awesome tournament course, but right now it is not worth the money they are asking to play. I played it, saw what it was like and wasn't all that disappointed but I won't return until its finished.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    How is it too short? Are you driving all the par 4's? Are you getting a birdie on all the holes? I hope you are all playing Blue Tees if you think it is too short.
    I played it a couple of weeks ago (from the blues!) and thought it was a decent enough course, especially for one that just opened this year. From the whites it would have not been enjoyable for me though.

Ideally I think they need to add a set of tees between the blues and the current whites.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Thread Information